We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Elon Musk Thread

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

If she was any younger Elon would tap dat:

General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I was about to switch to Musknet due to my horrible internet in this dystopian oklahoma hellscape but I hear fiber is coming so I might just save some money and suffer a little longer because it seems like he can't keep his sats in the air.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

General Reign wrote: June 15th, 2023, 20:12
I was about to switch to Musknet due to my horrible internet in this dystopian oklahoma hellscape but I hear fiber is coming so I might just save some money and suffer a little longer because it seems like he can't keep his sats in the air.
See if Verizon 5G home internet is in your area, it has fairly wide coverage. It's what I use now after Comcast wanted me to pay for them to run lines in my area because it wasn't profitable enough for them.

I don't notice any latency difference between it and wired btw.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

My issue is I know T-mobile has such a thing here but I just know I will switch to them and then the fiber will come walking up to my door and then I will have to switch again. First world problems...thankfully Canadian Valley is running the lines they aren't a megacorp like Comcast.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I'm not smart enough to understand what this means.

Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

It's annoying that they've locked it down without an account, but that's their prerogative. I have no intention of signing up.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

General Reign wrote: June 15th, 2023, 20:19
My issue is I know T-mobile has such a thing here but I just know I will switch to them and then the fiber will come walking up to my door and then I will have to switch again. First world problems...thankfully Canadian Valley is running the lines they aren't a megacorp like Comcast.
It takes months to hook up the lines. Why suffer?
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

So, who's gonna watch the fight between musk vs zuck in Italy?
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

So he basically pulled the same shit as Reddit owners, and killed Nitter.

Not a fan of Zuck, but I hope he beats Elon's fat ass to a pulp.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 15th, 2023, 20:14
General Reign wrote: June 15th, 2023, 20:12
See if Verizon 5G home internet is in your area, it has fairly wide coverage. It's what I use now after Comcast wanted me to pay for them to run lines in my area because it wasn't profitable enough for them.

I don't notice any latency difference between it and wired btw.
I offered to pay Verizon to run fiber to my house, and they backed out at the last minute. They quoted me a price they didn't believe I'd pay, and I accepted it. I believe the price they quoted me was around 18k. This was 4 years ago. I call back once a year to see if they change their mind. I was on the waiting list to get Starlink, but then the shit in Ukraine happened, and that got put on hold, so 5G is literally the best internet available at my location. And it's sketchy 5G, 3 bars at best, even after I installed an antennae, and the best that got me was more consistent 3 bars, and put me on the N41 band, which had a little bit lower ping, and more reliable U/L speeds. But the absolute best I get is around 200/20 D/U with 60 ping. I would gladly pay $50k for someone to run gigabit internet to my house.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Ranselknulf wrote: June 30th, 2023, 23:35
So, who's gonna watch the fight between musk vs zuck in Italy?
A heavily scripted MMA match in peak clown world?, between two of the worst scumbags on the planet?, sign me up!.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

Muskrat says this is a temporary restriction, but I doubt it. If he's trying to boost advertising revenue, then how would limiting access boost that? There's something more going on here.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

somerandomdude wrote: July 1st, 2023, 04:28
Muskrat says this is a temporary restriction, but I doubt it. If he's trying to boost advertising revenue, then how would limiting access boost that? There's something more going on here.
Jack's Magic Coffee Shop is a failed business model and is only feasible due to the US government paying for it. Elon is now having to conform to the demands from the real owners the US intel agencies.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Musk vs Zuck is at the Colosseum is gonna be on par with WWF (or WWE if ur a new fag)

Doesn't mean it won't be entertaining.

It's not often that you get to see two billionaires throw hands on each other in a televised slap fight.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Ranselknulf wrote: July 1st, 2023, 05:05
Musk vs Zuck is at the Colosseum is gonna be on par with WWF (or WWE if ur a new fag)

Doesn't mean it won't be entertaining.

It's not often that you get to see two billionaires throw hands on each other in a televised slap fight.
It's like a modern duel. Gayer, safer, and selling more advertising than the good old days.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Is this a gender reveal?
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

This name change is stupid. Everything Elon is doing seems to be an attempt to destroy Twitter. Which is ok, I guess.
Lutte
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lutte »

Branding was the only thing of value twitter had for itself. "To tweet" became a world wide verb, like googling something. It's now changing to the thing that got him ousted (though, there were more reasons, like lack of focus) from Paypal. Musk had wild ambitions and wanted, in particular, to push this "X" brand onto the company, which unsurprisingly was not very popular with the board.

Twitter is dying under him, which is something to celebrate.
Lutte
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lutte »

Now, a "twitter video" is an "X Video". Hmmm.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

That doesn't roll nicely out of the tongue

Post by 1998 »

Never used Twitter but him firing useless cunts is major entertainment
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Should have gone with Y.

Then we could have yeeted.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

When the wagies are naughty he shines a giant strobe light at them as punishment.

-Humbaba