EvE Online

For RPGs that require a persistently online connection.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

EvE Online is selling skill points right now directly for money.

1.5 million skill points for $30.

Let the butthurt begin below.
IDtenT

Post by IDtenT »

Eve online has always been about gouging the player. The whole thing is griefing all the way up and down.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

sell people $100 ships and blow them up.

Chris Roberts is smiling
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Logged in today, and I noticed that the planetary industry things have changed.

It seems that the "volume" that PI materials took up has been halved. Ie.. I can launch twice the materials I could before in the same volume.

Idk men, check it out, but I no longer feel like I'm struggling to keep up with my material output.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

IDtenT wrote: February 9th, 2023, 16:47
Eve online has always been about gouging the player. The whole thing is griefing all the way up and down.
Yeah, and its a good thing. Griefing was always part of the EvE mission statement. Its you against other players. Nobody holds your hand. You get cheated, lied to, btfo'd? Suck it up, learn. Be better. This is what make it the best MMO.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

One thing I want to also mention, EvE is the only MMO that I know of that allows you to buy sub time thru in game currency. Even when you had only a 14 day trial you could easily make enough ISK to get a PLEX or two if you knew what you are doing.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Sorry for the triple post, but adding on; EvE is entirely player driven. Sure, there are events, and expansions, and "dungeons" to "raid", but the bulk of the game is players selling stuff they make, killing each other, negotiating. Every ship you see is another person, every item on the market, aside from some basic commodities, is put there by some other dude. Npcs play a very minor part of what makes EvE exciting to play. Its a very unique experience in that regard.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I just want a game like EvE but it would be a realistic war sim perhaps for simplicity sake taking place around WW1 or 2. EvE seems amazing (I don't mind spreadsheet I just like player driven gameplay) but I feel like I missed the boat.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

madbringer wrote: June 17th, 2023, 04:33
Sorry for the triple post, but adding on; EvE is entirely player driven. Sure, there are events, and expansions, and "dungeons" to "raid", but the bulk of the game is players selling stuff they make, killing each other, negotiating. Every ship you see is another person, every item on the market, aside from some basic commodities, is put there by some other dude. Npcs play a very minor part of what makes EvE exciting to play. Its a very unique experience in that regard.
There have actually been a ton of fantasy MMOs like this so it's not really unique aside from the space setting. It's been shit in every MMO I've tried too.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

GhostCow wrote: June 17th, 2023, 15:49
There have actually been a ton of fantasy MMOs like this so it's not really unique aside from the space setting. It's been shit in every MMO I've tried too.
I can only think of Tibia, and thatvis truly a bad game.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

madbringer wrote: June 17th, 2023, 16:13
GhostCow wrote: June 17th, 2023, 15:49
I can only think of Tibia, and thatvis truly a bad game.
Darkfall, Mortal Online, Mortal Online 2, Crowfall, and pretty much any other sandbox pvp mmo.