We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Airsoft thread (opinions/suggestions/complaints)

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

Cipher wrote: January 15th, 2024, 06:05
The warhammer you posted would behave exactly like a flanged mace or any other one handed mace. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
The warhammer has a pick, which can deliver a greater amount of force to a smaller point. The pick can also dig in and grab a piece of armor and pull it off, polearms with edges or hooks on them accomplish the same thing. The video mostly covered maces, but they occasionally referenced war hammers. You think this is a rebuttal when it's not, you're just grasping at straws here.

He agreed with me that swords don't really have a reach advantage over maces or war hammers, due to the difficulty of actually positioning a precise strike (8:50), and the video I posted where they dueled more or less confirmed this in an actual fight. You said reach is everything, and that's why a 2h sword is better, but he disagrees with you on that.

Stay mad. I would take the war hammer + shield against a 2h sword any day of the week.
Last edited by somerandomdude on January 15th, 2024, 06:26, edited 2 times in total.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

somerandomdude wrote: January 15th, 2024, 06:24
The warhammer you posted would behave exactly like a flanged mace or any other one handed mace. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
The warhammer has a pick, which can deliver a greater amount of force to a smaller point. The pick can also dig in and grab a piece of armor and pull it off, polearms with edges or hooks on them accomplish the same thing. The video mostly covered maces, but they occasionally referenced war hammers. You think this is a rebuttal when it's not, you're just grasping at straws here.

He agreed with me that swords don't really have a reach advantage over maces or war hammers, due to the difficulty of actually positioning a precise strike (8:50), and the video I posted where they dueled more or less confirmed this in an actual fight. You said reach is everything, and that's why a 2h sword is better, but he disagrees with you on that.

Stay mad. I would take the war hammer + shield against a 2h sword any day of the week.
You completely ignored the part where he specifically talks about warhammers, and he is using a 2 handed pollaxe as a reference, longer and more powerful than your example:
At 12:18 he even brings up a bigger and longer warhammer than the one you posted in your images and mentions that it would be the same thing. His exact words: "With a warhammer, this doesn't look much better. Hits to other weak points such as hits to the armpits become more useful. But even with a warhammer, like this pollaxe, it is not possible to penetrate deep through plate armor. If you hit hardened armor, in most cases it will hardly be dented. And, if it breaks, you won't penetrate deeper than 1 centimeter [less than half an inch]. The only threatened area is the head."
Once again, there you go. Even with a two handed pollaxe, you cannot penetrate to plate armor. Your argument about "impact" damage and "warhammers being made to defeat plate armor" has been completely destroyed by the same youtuber you tried to use as a source.

You are clearly just grasping at straws here because your entire argument was thoroughly debunked by the source you used as evidence. But you posted before even watching the video and just went for the title because you just do not have the attention span.

Keep crying. I won't be replying to you anymore, as you have demonstrated you are not willing to have a discussion in good faith, you just want to argue on the internet, even when your own sources completely and utterly destroy your entire argument and at this point it just feels like punching down since you clearly lack the intelligence to understand how wrong you are and how relying on quickly looking for a 1 min video to make your point backfired spectacularly. You called me the "consoomer" but you are the one that has been shown to be "overdosing on copium."

Stay mad, stay ignorant and stay crying.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Wait a minute, I'm confused. Which one of you is right again?
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

Once again, there you go. Even with a two handed pollaxe, you cannot penetrate to plate armor. Your argument about "impact" damage and "warhammers being made to defeat plate armor" has been completely destroyed by the same youtuber you tried to use as a source.

You are clearly just grasping at straws here because your entire argument was thoroughly debunked by the source you used as evidence. But you posted before even watching the video and just went for the title because you just do not have the attention span.

Keep crying. I won't be replying to you anymore, as you have demonstrated you are not willing to have a discussion in good faith, you just want to argue on the internet, even when your own sources completely and utterly destroy your entire argument and at this point it just feels like punching down since you clearly lack the intelligence to understand how wrong you are and how relying on quickly looking for a 1 min video to make your point backfired spectacularly. You called me the "consoomer" but you are the one that has been shown to be "overdosing on copium."

Stay mad, stay ignorant and stay crying.
The hooks are made to grab onto plate, or chain mail and tear them off, or allow you to pull someone to the ground. The idea is to give someone an impact, not actually penetrate the armor. The armor they make out of modern steel isn't exactly the same as period. They wouldn't allow someone to use a weapon in competition that could completely destroy someone's plate armor dumb dumb, and they wear plenty of extra shock absorbing padding to dull the blow of a war hammer that someone during period wouldn't have.

Last edited by somerandomdude on January 15th, 2024, 06:58, edited 2 times in total.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Oyster Sauce wrote: January 15th, 2024, 05:16
@Cipher @somerandomdude
Pretty sure axes are better than swords or maces against armor. Vikings were known to duel wield axes against knights and didn't bother with armor because they were used to fighting other axemen.

Ah, but only during their barbarian rage which they can only do 3 times per day.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Cipher wrote: January 15th, 2024, 07:04
@Cipher @somerandomdude
Pretty sure axes are better than swords or maces against armor. Vikings were known to duel wield axes against knights and didn't bother with armor because they were used to fighting other axemen.

Ah, but only during their barbarian rage which they can only do 3 times per day.
Wrong, its a cooldown ability.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: January 15th, 2024, 06:49
Unfortunately since Cipher has a cool pfp and the other guy doesn't have one at all he's been humanized and I'm rooting for him.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Vergil wrote: January 15th, 2024, 07:36
Oyster Sauce wrote: January 15th, 2024, 06:49
Unfortunately since Cipher has a cool pfp and the other guy doesn't have one at all he's been humanized and I'm rooting for him.
btw where is your gay cock biting avatar
Red7

Post by Red7 »

@Cipher @somerandomdude @Emphyrio
While not all my post here are serious, this forum is intended to post information applicable to contemporary kinetic warfare.

ergo when comes to armor penetration/melee we shouldnt talk about some useless nonsense like early metalurgy plate armors but modern materials and practical way of defeating them to get the jew or valuables behind it.

even in contex of euro kuk zone this is worthless data. more practical would be even how to ducktape book to your body prison style to avoid getting shanked by ahmed on your way to get your daily insect/soy paste ration.

that being said shield+sword is superior, spears are mostly anti horseman measures and crowd control on fortifications etc.
thats pretty good vid he makes points i made earlier.
@Cipher @somerandomdude
i think vikings were more like ice niggers and they didnt have capacity to make expensive and hard to make plate armors there using mostly leather armors, which were also warmer and lighter. axes are also much easier to make than swords and have utility unlike swords

the only axe like weapon thats (competetively) effective is kukri machete as it has blade lenght of short sword and cutting power of utility tool that axe is.
also machete is negro melee weapon of choice.

next time someone start posting shit about ancient melee weapons here i expect him posting his edc blade first and explaining philosophy of use/why its prefered.
anything under 4 inches will be ridiculed btw. reminds me that english whore who was like "wtf he gonna do with it, fuck my ear?"

btw if some1 here got high end crossbow please make test if 3a hard plate (polymer composite) rated for 44 magnum can stop bolt. i only seen soft armor tests.

here he tests soft 3a and plate 3, would like to see plate 3a tho. bows are quite accessible even in euro kuk zone so its plausible threat
Last edited by Red7 on January 16th, 2024, 17:10, edited 3 times in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

i guess in place where armor is illegal it easier to order this than make one yourself
the 3/16 inch would would work as 3a hard plate but thats at least 2kg overweight set and u got all the downsize of metal with spawling and thermal conductivity. especially bad in cold wheather.
the half inch one is almost non usable around 15kg for basic front and back cover imo
lel they also seem to be sold out
https://tribe-wod.com/products/weight-vest-plates
for workout i just use non steel ~5kg set and add 5kg jug of water. steel like tha this horrible idea for workout if any it should have holes for ventilation. which makes u wonder if its actually cheapest mild steel ballistic armor and just sold as not.

also .50 cal is fucking retarded with no armor piercing ammo (at least as handheld rifle) which is why they allow it to civs in murica
ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

Cool lecture by Tobias Capwell on the development of the recreation of jousting.

ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

Bjorn Ruther is a good little-known teacher of Joachim Meyer's system.

David Rawlings is another good one.

ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

Some good black powder vids.

ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

A very nice historically accurate choreographed fight scene.

Last edited by ManjuShri on January 18th, 2024, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1)whats up with all the medieval larping shit, fantasy games have plasma weaponry too.

2)where the fuck is my hard 3a plate vs compound crossbow vid. nobody here got 300 fps crossbow? god damnit, some oppulent murican here like @rusty_shackleford should go and get one.

this guy advises to run shit dry in low temps, kinda like sandy enviroment. he says running ak dry is safe, i wonder if its true if u had run like 500 rounds even in low temps tho.

thats nice ak build. still probably weighs as much as western vagina
Red7

Post by Red7 »

reminder that all pig powers, i mean sig sauers are trash

Red7

Post by Red7 »

what an awful trash in all aspects. horrible heat treatment, design, laughable high price. truly retarded garbage. made in murica
the small one that comes with it was made in china tho, great stuff i was able to buy it separetly.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

i still dont get it why flipping safety down on ak opens that hole under dust cover so shit can ingress inside
im not sure i even seen this fixed on customized builds wtf. could be reason to carry it locked i suppose.

i woud agree with ar guys ergonomics are bad on ak. its just uncomfortable to hold for long time unless with gloves
they still do trigger guard from sheet metal.
the ak safety flip is way worse than on ar imo. i cant flip it without changing my grip with thumb
easy dissasemble, sure, at cost of lack of rigidity of body which makes need for thoose goofy optics mounts
also heavy like gourged pig even without optics, can and light

only thing about i disagree is that double the gay 5.56 ammo is way worse than half of 7.62 with steel penetrator
double the capacity is no good if u need 3-4x amounts of hits to get job done
Last edited by Red7 on January 21st, 2024, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

i havent laughed so much since that time i saw like 70 year old drunk nam vet kill pig with his m14
Red7

Post by Red7 »

it retained like 95% of functionality (u wont be making accurate snap follow up shots with 7,62 ak anyway unless under 20 yards) with like 10% mass reduction sooo.... improvement? :D
Red7

Post by Red7 »

damn, i hate this fucking bald retarded kike and his stupid wig so much its unspeakable
Last edited by Red7 on January 23rd, 2024, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Red7 wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 18:18
damn, i hate this fucking bald retarded kike and his stupid wig so much its unspeakable
Why are boomers like this? It costs 6 dollars max to replace a few sear pins or whatever you put 0.01% lifetime wear by doing that with new ones.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

so im reading about butt stock placement during lining for shot. when i snap aim i almost always place stock by instinct more center mass as it seems to give more concentrated stance with more control and closer to head. but then i realise i got it on my collar bone which is unpleasant without vest or some thick clothing. i wouldnt say it hurts if choke it tight but it certainly distracting. if it dont choke it then its more than distracting.

so i often ended up consciosuly readjusting stock after snap aim which sucks. i decided finally to add really thick padding to stock cause it seems easier than ditching center line habbit. like 2 layers of thermal/muffling absorbing and some thicker regular foam overall is like good inch thicc, i think its certified "pussy pad".

but now im reading some instructurs suggest collar/centerline aligment is superior and recommended. interesting, its normal to shoot from collar bone on regular/flat plastic buttstock?

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/th ... e.7049485/
Last edited by Red7 on January 24th, 2024, 16:04, edited 2 times in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

damn murican made guns these days are even worse than german

lol
""Mag Catch is worn,weak spring,worn magazine, I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locusts! It wasn't my fault! I swear to God!" -Daniel Defense."
Last edited by Red7 on January 25th, 2024, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
A Chinese opium den

Red7 wrote: January 24th, 2024, 15:07
so im reading about butt stock placement during lining for shot. when i snap aim i almost always place stock by instinct more center mass as it seems to give more concentrated stance with more control and closer to head. but then i realise i got it on my collar bone which is unpleasant without vest or some thick clothing. i wouldnt say it hurts if choke it tight but it certainly distracting. if it dont choke it then its more than distracting.

so i often ended up consciosuly readjusting stock after snap aim which sucks. i decided finally to add really thick padding to stock cause it seems easier than ditching center line habbit. like 2 layers of thermal/muffling absorbing and some thicker regular foam overall is like good inch thicc, i think its certified "pussy pad".

but now im reading some instructurs suggest collar/centerline aligment is superior and recommended. interesting, its normal to shoot from collar bone on regular/flat plastic buttstock?

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/th ... e.7049485/
I always have the stock on the inside edge of my shoulder and more on the collar bone and kind of sandwich it in that little pocket, then if you bring your bicep up to your ribs while you do that it feels really tight and easy to control. The nice little inbuilt grove between the shoulder and chest where I like to put it is very apparent when you have a plate carrier on and feels pretty natural. Recoil pads are definitely nice if your not wearing thick clothes or plates to save your collar some bruising if your shooting a lot with anything above 5.56.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

A Chinese opium den wrote: January 25th, 2024, 14:23
I always have the stock on the inside edge of my shoulder and more on the collar bone and kind of sandwich it in that little pocket, then if you bring your bicep up to your ribs while you do that it feels really tight and easy to control. The nice little inbuilt grove between the shoulder and chest where I like to put it is very apparent when you have a plate carrier on and feels pretty natural. Recoil pads are definitely nice if your not wearing thick clothes or plates to save your collar some bruising if your shooting a lot with anything above 5.56.
it feels snug in place u describe, with plate carrier maybe kinda only option if full magazine pouches make it so u cant rest it on plate.
i just tested it with my plates, there is just enough space for butt to place over filled mag pouches, feels very stable and centered.

i think it feels best and most instinctive (to me) when i place bottom of stock right in middle of chest muscle (or around that place on plate). its not catched/snugged by shoulder pocket but line of sight is almost directly under my dominant eye. i got quite stickyself adhesive tape on buttstock, it wont slide. from lower ready to ready i dont need to crane my head to side, just lift up and its in my sight. i got elevated scope so it fits good.

i also got some some self vulcanizing tape on very bottom of butt, when i lower it contacts plate/chest and stays in place like glued so i dont have to readjust as long i keep contact.
the centered/directly under eye placement seems very pistol like to me. i think it may be most beneficial when shooting on move so u can be fully squared forward so u can use back/front only plates most and impulses are more centered and dont push u to side.

have u tried it?
Red7

Post by Red7 »

salute to all the Russians that died fighting reptilian serving, globalist, nazi, jewkraine scum. damn u gotta be baddass to lug around 5kg ak47 and then think its great idea to ductape second mag which adds another 1kg of extra weight making it even more front heavy. and heavy.
A Chinese opium den

Red7 wrote: January 25th, 2024, 17:19
A Chinese opium den wrote: January 25th, 2024, 14:23
it feels snug in place u describe, with plate carrier maybe kinda only option if full magazine pouches make it so u cant rest it on plate.
i just tested it with my plates, there is just enough space for butt to place over filled mag pouches, feels very stable and centered.

i think it feels best and most instinctive (to me) when i place bottom of stock right in middle of chest muscle (or around that place on plate). its not catched/snugged by shoulder pocket but line of sight is almost directly under my dominant eye. i got quite stickyself adhesive tape on buttstock, it wont slide. from lower ready to ready i dont need to crane my head to side, just lift up and its in my sight. i got elevated scope so it fits good.

i also got some some self vulcanizing tape on very bottom of butt, when i lower it contacts plate/chest and stays in place like glued so i dont have to readjust as long i keep contact.
the centered/directly under eye placement seems very pistol like to me. i think it may be most beneficial when shooting on move so u can be fully squared forward so u can use back/front only plates most and impulses are more centered and dont push u to side.

have u tried it?
It feels more natural than I would have expected at least from just walking around and aiming and its much more naturally squared off to what your pointing at, I'll give it a try next time I'm shooting and see how it feels. It doesn't really work with my carrier on though, too much of my chest real-estate is used up to really find enough space for the rifle like you had said, but I might try and get side pouches if I end up feeling more comfortable shooting in that position.