We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Banned BG3 mod thread

Game development hub. Projects, modding, and resources.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

Art Department wrote: December 11th, 2023, 20:33
If you still need I send you the files
Gladly, i could not find how to change horns color, they simply disappeared when i had try, and i could not get rid of the bits of red in the hair either.
Maybe by study you'r mod i'd manage to fix that, if you do not mind of course. :D
Rand

Post by Rand »

Art Department wrote: December 11th, 2023, 20:33
Tipfy wrote: December 6th, 2023, 09:11
So i stumble on this mod removing scars on Karlach https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... posts&BH=1
And author posted that screenshot in the comment thing;
Anyone know where to get that mod ?
He is marked as "banned" in red on he's comment section so i suppose i can't contact him...

Edit; Did not find the mod, so i made my version of it. :)
viewtopic.php?t=1261-valkyrie-karlach-1 ... r-s-gate-3
Hey Tipfy, that was my mod, but I got banned for other mods that I made that changed skin colors. If you still need I send you the files, but for what I see you did a really good job with your version.
You should post it here. If for no other reason than spite. (But the code may be useful to future modders.)
Contact site owner Rusty to get access to The Vault.
Art Department

Post by Art Department »

[/quote]
Gladly, i could not find how to change horns color, they simply disappeared when i had try, and i could not get rid of the bits of red in the hair either.
Maybe by study you'r mod i'd manage to fix that, if you do not mind of course. :D
[/quote]

Horn, skin and hair colors was the default option in character creation using Appearance Edit Mod with Origins addon.

I know you can edit Skin and Hair color for Karlach here Public\Shared\Content\Assets\Characters\Character Editor Presets\Origin Presets\[PAK]_Karlach
For horns looks a lot complicated didn't find any easy edit in the files.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

I don't suppose anyone knows of an ai program that can swap the race/ethnicity of a person in a photo? It would only be a stop gap measure for ingame shots but I was thinking of making an add on to the better aesthetics mod with the black portraits swapped out with an ai generated white version.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

Maybe @NEG know, he's wyll portrait was made with ai if i'm correct.
pokafox

Post by pokafox »

Ty6 wrote: December 13th, 2023, 02:53
I don't suppose anyone knows of an ai program that can swap the race/ethnicity of a person in a photo? It would only be a stop gap measure for ingame shots but I was thinking of making an add on to the better aesthetics mod with the black portraits swapped out with an ai generated white version.
Well, obviously the game is capable of generating a "photo" based on a character's appearance since it generates one for your MC. Could be kinda tedious but how about creating a character that looks like the one you want to replace, save the game generated picture and replace it with the one you want in the game files ?
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

pokafox wrote: December 14th, 2023, 11:49
Well, obviously the game is capable of generating a "photo" based on a character's appearance since it generates one for your MC. Could be kinda tedious but how about creating a character that looks like the one you want to replace, save the game generated picture and replace it with the one you want in the game files ?
True, but there are lots of characters to make images for, I was mainly just thinking of using the ai approach as a shortcut. Your approach would be the best way, but I haven't got the motivation for it.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

The problem is that we can't access the game-generated "photos". Unless someone figures out a way to extract save files completely, I don't think we're going to be able to.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

Luckmann wrote: December 15th, 2023, 07:40
The problem is that we can't access the game-generated "photos". Unless someone figures out a way to extract save files completely, I don't think we're going to be able to.
You can use Ninja Ripper to extract the game-generated screenshot of the player when the game is running. So it's possible but tedious.

BTW does anyone know if it's possible to mod in brand new dialogue and not just replace existing lines? Maybe not because how would animation be handled from a modding perspective?
Last edited by Ty6 on December 15th, 2023, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

Ty6 wrote: December 15th, 2023, 09:28

You can use Ninja Ripper to extract the game-generated screenshot of the player when the game is running. So it's possible but tedious.

BTW does anyone know if it's possible to mod in brand new dialogue and not just replace existing lines? Maybe not because how would animation be handled from a modding perspective?
I had not heard of Ninja Ripper, I might have to check this out. It would be very advantageous to be able to rip the portraits out of the game, and although it might be tedious, once you've got the process down I can only assume that it'd be fairly simple.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

Luckmann wrote: December 15th, 2023, 19:07

I had not heard of Ninja Ripper, I might have to check this out. It would be very advantageous to be able to rip the portraits out of the game, and although it might be tedious, once you've got the process down I can only assume that it'd be fairly simple.
User 2.0.4 from here https://www.mediafire.com/file/3c6thrmzj7e004u/nr2v.zip

Process is fairly simple once you've done it once, but can be confusing at first. It go with using the wrapper injection method for BG3.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

One more thing, make sure to run the game in Directx mode, not Vulkan, Ninja Ripper can only work with Directx.

Also, make sure to use the 64bit version of NR.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

Ty6 wrote: December 15th, 2023, 20:46

Process is fairly simple once you've done it once, but can be confusing at first. It go with using the wrapper injection method for BG3.
Ty6 wrote: December 15th, 2023, 21:22
One more thing, make sure to run the game in Directx mode, not Vulkan, Ninja Ripper can only work with Directx.

It apparently requires supporting it on Patreon and having a Patreon account to even start, which is pretty cancerous.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

Luckmann wrote: December 28th, 2023, 07:44

It apparently requires supporting it on Patreon and having a Patreon account to even start, which is pretty cancerous.
Use 2.0.4 version I linked to. That doesn't need patreon token.
Last edited by Ty6 on December 28th, 2023, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

Ty6 wrote: December 28th, 2023, 13:38
Luckmann wrote: December 28th, 2023, 07:44

Use 2.4 version I linked to. That doesn't need patreon token.
Ah, cheers. I guess I might just have been retarded - I went straight to 2.0.6 from the same download, ignoring your obvious advice. I found a 1.7.1 version elsewhere and it seems to do the job, though. Huge kudos for pointing this thing out for me.
Last edited by Luckmann on December 28th, 2023, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

For the users (myself included) who wanted a male voice replacement of the narrator that wasn't TTS, this mod has been uploaded, and it sounds great. It may eventually be taken down due to a combination of the narrator's busybody lawyers and her simp brigade, but if it is, I have downloaded the file and can upload a backup if needed.
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

Yeah, keep this mod there was one similar this that got taken down.
Envergence wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 17:48
For the users (myself included) who wanted a male voice replacement of the narrator that wasn't TTS, this mod has been uploaded, and it sounds great. It may eventually be taken down due to a combination of the narrator's busybody lawyers and her simp brigade, but if it is, I have downloaded the file and can upload a backup if needed.
Last edited by Goblin_Hammer on January 2nd, 2024, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
True_Way

Post by True_Way »

Envergence wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 17:48
Cheers. I find all my best mods here now. Nexus can get fucked. This mod is exactly what I wanted -- a sultry female voice is absolutely NOT what I want to hear acting as a narrator.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Hi, all, another male narrator replacement already, here. I think I like this one better than the previous one I posted due to its more neutral sound. YMMV, of course.

As of this post, the other one still prospers, but who knows if it will remain that way. I have downloaded this new one also, in case a backup is ever needed.

Edit: Didn't even notice Dagoth had already posted this in the Mod Requests board. I keep forgetting that area exists, whoops! Hopefully this post will be useful to others who have also forgotten about it. :groan:
Last edited by Envergence on January 5th, 2024, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Metalhead33

Post by Metalhead33 »

Acrux wrote: August 25th, 2023, 18:34
Dead wrote: August 25th, 2023, 18:27
Emphyrio wrote: August 25th, 2023, 18:17
If we think someone is uploading a mod on our site with the intent to deliberately be against inclusivity and/or diversity then we will take action against it.
This is such a self-contradictory statement yet people continue to repeat it ad nauseam.
These people will regurgitate "the paradox of intolerance" completely misunderstanding or misuing what Popper meant. By saying that a society cannot "tolerate intolerance" they've taken their modern meaning of the word and applied it (wrongly) to what he meant. He was saying that intolerance (not letting voices be heard) is what hurts a "tolerant" society. Not "shut down anyone I disagree with". Like most moderns, they come away with the exact wrong lesson.
They don't even understand what tolerance even means.

Tolerance doesn't mean the absence of negative feelings (like disgust) or negative biases - it means restraint and the capacity to not act upon said feelings. It means "live and let live" in the literal sense of the word: if you are disgusted by h0m0s like a normal person but aren't throwing them off roofs like the Arabs, then congratulations, you are being tolerant. If I hate someone's guts but show restraint and abstain from bashing their head into the concrete, I am being tolerant.

The actual intolerant ones are the gatekeeping liberals who preach "inclusivity" while excluding chuds like us lol
Last edited by Metalhead33 on February 29th, 2024, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.