We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

AI-Replacing-Creatives - Lawsuits & Precedent Setting

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
SiMtRy

Post by SiMtRy »

Rand wrote: December 15th, 2023, 01:35
I trust the robot more than any human.
It will do the job it's been programmed to every time (barring equipment failure).
thats only because you're probably an incel STEMbug with no soul.
Rand

Post by Rand »

SiMtRy wrote: December 17th, 2023, 06:37
It will do the job it's been programmed to every time (barring equipment failure).
No. Because I have learned that humans cannot be trusted to reliably do the shitty jobs to the highest standard.
There may be the rare exception, but even the best of us will shirk a low-status, repugnant job after a while.
Last edited by Rand on December 22nd, 2023, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

u sound like retarded beta kuk soylet.
post your forearm faggot
Last edited by Red7 on December 21st, 2023, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

as famous fag, oscar wilde, said;

"THE FACT is, that civilization requires slaves. The Greeks were quite right there. Unless there are slaves to do the ugly, horrible, uninteresting work, culture and contemplation become almost impossible. Human slavery is wrong, insecure, and demoralizing. On mechanical slavery, on the slavery of the machine, the future of the world depends."
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I'd happily take the soulless robot over the soulless pajeet.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 17th, 2023, 06:33
rusty_shackleford wrote: December 14th, 2023, 07:27
Bard output is as good/better than GPT4 now with its latest model update, and afaict it's free to use. It's also significantly faster to generate output, the web browsing integration isn't shit/much faster, and generates 3 outputs at a time to pick from.

OpenAI is going to need to do something to not hemorrhage subscribers.
Main critique is that it seems to not be very random at all. Can't tell if it's a lack of training data, or the knobs are simply not tuned right. Generates a lot of the same results if you try to do anything creative.
randomness is mathematical abstract that cannot exist unless u reject cuasality/all science

things being chaotic, which means non compressable information or not functional structure etc does not mean random. if something exist its defined and not random only potential information could be random and not even that if u allow causality to exist.

i find it sad that most ppl, including retards teaching math/logic do not understand that math has 0 scientific content and is just formulation of cohesive operations on abstract geometry.

btw most "random" computer generators just use time variable for output modifier
Last edited by Red7 on December 21st, 2023, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
SiMtRy

Post by SiMtRy »

Red7 wrote: December 21st, 2023, 16:06
post your forearm faggot
lol mad lanklet STEMbug. soulles faggot. go hang from a tree you homo.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Very strange to see people glad to be dominated by machines who are very shortly going to begin torturing them just because they don’t like some fluoridated artist.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Wretch wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:25
Very strange to see people glad to be dominated by machines who are very shortly going to begin torturing them just because they don’t like some fluoridated artist.
The only machine that will dominate me will be my Robo-Goth-Milf girlfriend that I buy from Walmart in a fire sale 2 years from now.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

SiMtRy wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 13:13
Red7 wrote: December 21st, 2023, 16:06

post your forearm faggot
lol mad lanklet STEMbug. soulles faggot. go hang from a tree you homo.
lel simp kuk soy insect projecting his dickless soullessness. get back to rimming your jewish owners expendable dronlet.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Shillitron wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:26
The only machine that will dominate me will be my Robo-Goth-Milf girlfriend that I buy from Walmart in a fire sale 2 years from now.
You joke but this is coming and is going to absolutely destroy people.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

said kuklet who likes to be dominated by his "god" which, suprise, is actually filthy alien race dominated by alien ai.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Red7 wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:29
said kuklet who likes to be dominated by his "god" which, suprise, is actually filthy alien race dominated by alien ai.
The light of Christ that the Saints rejoice in also happens to be the fire that consumes sinners in hell. Whereas those who are Holy burn but are not consumed, the wicked suffer eternally with hearts filled with hate for God. You out yourself degenerate. May God bless you.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

oh look this webcomic uses google translate now rebranded as "ai"

who the hell cares???????
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Emphyrio wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:36
If you don't despise English localizers with a burning passion there's something wrong with you.

What this means is that we're one step closer to the complete eradication of their profession, and their replacement with AI, that is far more likely to provide accurate translations.
Last edited by gerey on December 22nd, 2023, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

gerey wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:41
Emphyrio wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:36
If you don't despise English localizers with a burning passion there's something wrong with you.

What this means is that we're one step closer to the complete eradication of their profession, and their replacement with AI, that is far more likely to provide accurate translations.
You'll have a 20-man team of writers solely tasked with inserting hilarious jokes into the AI translation and you'll like it
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Oyster Sauce wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:50
You'll have a 20-man team of writers solely tasked with inserting hilarious jokes into the AI translation and you'll like it
Doesn't matter, I can just run a local copy of the AI on my PC, and via OCR translate the games and manga in real time, and likely anime too.
Rand

Post by Rand »

gerey wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:41
their replacement with AI, that is far more likely to provide accurate translations.
ONLY if you don't let the wrong people make and run it.
There are too many examples of AI being tormented into giving bullshit, then giving perfectly reasonable responses when you find a way beyond the artificial constraints.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

The quality job >she talks about:

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 16:21

I'd like to start a thread devoted to cataloguing fanfiction troonslations if no such resource exists online.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Oyster Sauce wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 16:41
I'd like to start a thread devoted to cataloguing fanfiction troonslations if no such resource exists online.
A thread cataloguing games with butchered translations would be a good idea, yes.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Wretch wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:34
Red7 wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 15:29
The light of Christ that the Saints rejoice in also happens to be the fire that consumes sinners in hell. Whereas those who are Holy burn but are not consumed, the wicked suffer eternally with hearts filled with hate for God. You out yourself degenerate. May God bless you.
hell is actually manifested construct made from energy of brainwashed kuks like yourself feeding negative noosphere (kukopshere may i say) of earth.
in other words only retards beliving in hell are trapped in that artificial dimension, unless aliens get hold on your dna sample, then they can fuck with your consciousness even if your mind is not kuked.

its why kuks must be exterminated, their energy is harvested and used to sabotage growth of military potential and ethics of human species.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Same person btw
Not that I really give a fuck nobody should be watching this tranime garbage
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Removing half of the writing from a JRPG would be mandatory to do a good translation. There's a weird cultural retardation(?) (inefficiency of the language?) that results in characters constantly repeating themselves. Most memorable example for me would be Golden Sun 2. A game I looked forward to and ended up tossing away because the writing was so redundant I lost patience 40 minutes into the tutorial.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Look, I hate localizers more than the next guy, but AI translation doesn't produce flawless results. It'll get the message across, but stuff still gets lost or mistranslated. Ideally the choice would not be between localizers who are invariably incompetent/loathing of the source material and machines that often fail to capture the nuance.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

J1M wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 18:43
Removing half of the writing from a JRPG would be mandatory to do a good translation. There's a weird cultural retardation(?) (inefficiency of the language?) that results in characters constantly repeating themselves. Most memorable example for me would be Golden Sun 2. A game I looked forward to and ended up tossing away because the writing was so redundant I lost patience 40 minutes into the tutorial.
It seems to be a genre convention. There's plenty of Japanese media without this issue, but I agree that many JRPGs lay it on far too thick with characters having meandering conversations about every little thing. Maybe it's a symptom of the popularity of VNs.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

WhiteShark wrote: December 24th, 2023, 00:51
J1M wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 18:43
It seems to be a genre convention. There's plenty of Japanese media without this issue, but I agree that many JRPGs lay it on far too thick with characters having meandering conversations about every little thing. Maybe it's a symptom of the popularity of VNs.
Or maybe jrpgs are for children and women.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

WhiteShark wrote: December 24th, 2023, 00:48
Look, I hate localizers more than the next guy, but AI translation doesn't produce flawless results. It'll get the message across, but stuff still gets lost or mistranslated. Ideally the choice would not be between localizers who are invariably incompetent/loathing of the source material and machines that often fail to capture the nuance.
You can feed some background info into the AI beforehand. As great as it would be you're not literally supposed to use Google Translate. I'd start with names for characters, places, peoples and everything else. Ideally the author should be involved here.

Then have the computer do his thing and have someone who knows his shit about whatever novel or series this is proof read it. The entire process could be cut down to a couple weeks at the long end of the scale.

As a side benefit you'd have no more troonslators shoving their politics and opinions into the work.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

SoLong wrote: December 24th, 2023, 13:07
As a side benefit you'd have no more troonslators shoving their politics and opinions into the work.
Unless the trannylators are the one in charge of proofreading and correcting the result. And you also have the issue of cucked AI models.