We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

General anime/Japan/weebshit thread

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I don't normally watch giant robot anime, but the girl in this trailer is really hot so I guess I'll check it out
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Korean vs Japanese flame wars on 4chan are like a fine wine. I love them.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Just watched the premiere of Metallic Rouge. Pretty good so far. I like the cyberpunk aesthetic and the main character is super cute. Also has some cool mecha fights that remind me of Bubblegum Crisis.

The main theme is the most epic thing I've heard in a long time too.
Last edited by GhostCow on January 11th, 2024, 04:08, edited 2 times in total.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

GhostCow wrote: January 11th, 2024, 04:06
Just watched the premiere of Metallic Rouge. Pretty good so far. I like the cyberpunk aesthetic and the main character is super cute. Also has some cool mecha fights that remind me of Bubblegum Crisis.

Best and only mecha anime I ever watched and the girls there are also cute and they also have some special powers called geass MC has one time mindcontrol and is quite smart. Has great music too.

And I mostly skipped through metallic rouge, didnt see anyhing exciting there really.
Last edited by Vaako on January 11th, 2024, 04:25, edited 5 times in total.
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

I hope you didn't watch this on Crunchyroll, those censorious ass fagots deserve aids on how they fuck up localizations. Be a chad and watch it on aniwave.
https://aniwave.to/watch/metallic-rouge.ll1pz/ep-1
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Goblin_Hammer wrote: January 11th, 2024, 04:22

I hope you didn't watch this on Crunchyroll, those censorious ass fagots deserve aids on how they fuck up localizations. Be a chad and watch it on aniwave.
https://aniwave.to/watch/metallic-rouge.ll1pz/ep-1
I'm not fluent, but I'm good enough at Japanese to know when the subs are fucked up so I don't really care that much about the quality of subs unless watching with friends. I don't use streaming sites so I'm not sure where my subs came from, but they didn't seem bad.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Vaako wrote: January 11th, 2024, 04:17
Best and only mecha anime
Code Geass season 1 was okay. The production values are laughable compared to the golden age of Sunrise mecha anime in the 80s and 90s (namely the UC Gundam OVas and movies, Dragonar, Escaflowne, and the Big O), but I did like the art direction with the European aristocratic outfits. There was too much annoying acoustic guitar in the soundtrack. Story wise, the first season was okay. Had some issues but nothing really bad until episode 22 when the story had reached its natural conclusion and the writers had to use an awful contrivance to keep it going, and then there was season 1's ending which was then walked back in season 2. The Akito the Exiled spinoff movies were awful.

Vaako wrote: January 11th, 2024, 04:17
the girls there are also cute
Only Nunnally and Euphemia were cute. I think there were two cute Chinese princesses in season 2 but they were pretty minor.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Noein: To Your Other Self is a must watch. I watched this movie as a kid and it really messed with me. Rewatched it again recently and it was even better than I remembered.

I normally don’t enjoy anime.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: January 11th, 2024, 04:30

Code Geass season 1 was okay. The production values are laughable compared to the golden age of Sunrise mecha anime in the 80s and 90s (namely the UC Gundam OVas and movies, Dragonar, Escaflowne, and the Big O), but I did like the art direction with the European aristocratic outfits. There was too much annoying acoustic guitar in the soundtrack. Story wise, the first season was okay. Had some issues but nothing really bad until episode 22 when the story had reached its natural conclusion and the writers had to use an awful contrivance to keep it going, and then there was season 1's ending which was then walked back in season 2. The Akito the Exiled spinoff movies were awful.

Only Nunnally and Euphemia were cute. I think there were two cute Chinese princesses in season 2 but they were pretty minor.
I have seen Escaflowne when it was on tv like 25 years ago, was good back then but nowadays I will get bored, tried watching it a few monthts ago.
Story wise it was quite interesting since the japanese were second class citizen in their own country and the highschoolers were pretty much terrorists/freedom fighters. And the animation/artstyle was really well done.

Didnt finish watching anything which came after season2 was all crap without Lelouch's genius.

CC and Anya Alstreim were also cute but the later didnt have much screen time sure.
Last edited by Vaako on January 11th, 2024, 04:48, edited 3 times in total.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I've never watched Code Gay Ass, but CC is pretty hot.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

WhiteShark wrote: January 12th, 2024, 00:21
Val the Moofia Boss wrote: January 11th, 2024, 04:30
Only Nunnally and Euphemia were cute.
Behead all those who insult Kallen.

I think Kallen would be considered "sexy" rather than cute.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Finally watched this, and it shows a bit of naivete from the Japanese's inexperience with different races. Japan is probably like how we were in the 70's-80's. They better not let in the immigrants on-masse and ruin it.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Anyone else ever watch Haiyore! Nyaruko-san? It doesn't seem like it was that popular, but I liked it a lot back when it was new. The opening for season 2 is still one of my favorite openings of all time for some reason. It's a pretty great song.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

GhostCow wrote: February 9th, 2024, 05:10
Anyone else ever watch Haiyore! Nyaruko-san? It doesn't seem like it was that popular, but I liked it a lot back when it was new. The opening for season 2 is still one of my favorite openings of all time for some reason. It's a pretty great song.
nope havent seen it, not so much into slice of life stuff

I dont see Shin Sekai Yori promoted a lot usually but it has quite some mature themes like with genetic modification of humans which live in a kind of low tech world after society like we know it now died out, information on the past is heaviely controlled. And all the humans have psychic super powers but also inhibitors/blocks so that they cant hurt other humans. With very few exceptions. Dont wanna spoil much more.

Last edited by Vaako on February 9th, 2024, 08:34, edited 3 times in total.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Shinseki Yori gets my vote. Really interesting story and so much TENSION all the way through. I love how everything gives the 'fucked up / somethings wrong' vibe, even the music.

It's actually in my top tier anime list just due to it being "different".

Another good one I'd recommend is Parasyte. Bro actually fucks his cute gf, too. Not usually into dubstep, but fantastic soundtrack. Couldn't wait for more each time an episode ended. Very well paced story.
Last edited by BobT on February 9th, 2024, 11:41, edited 2 times in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Why do all modern animes look like shit
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 9th, 2024, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Vaako wrote: February 9th, 2024, 08:31
It's not a SOL. It's a parody of harem and shounen battle anime. It does have some serious moments though. This scene here is the first time an anime ever gave me feels.

Her only crime is that she loves him, but he keeps stabbing her with forks every time she tries to show her affection :cry:
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

GhostCow wrote: February 11th, 2024, 16:15
Vaako wrote: February 9th, 2024, 08:31
It's not a SOL. It's a parody of harem and shounen battle anime. It does have some serious moments though. This scene here is the first time an anime ever gave me feels.

Her only crime is that she loves him, but he keeps stabbing her with forks every time she tries to show her affection :cry:
Then romance stuff in general since its mostly young shy boys which have no sex drive at all in anime it seems, its also a trope I cant stand. Thats why goldenboy/gantz were also great at least there they actually seemed to have one.
Last edited by Vaako on February 11th, 2024, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Cedric

Post by Cedric »

Is Frieren any good? Intro gives me awful transtrender anime bait loved by normies. Yet a lot of people recommend it.

Dungeon Meshi is good as was to be expected.
SSY is great. CG is normie shit but they the protagonist isn't a retard. Mostly.
Last edited by Cedric on February 13th, 2024, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

Cedric wrote: February 13th, 2024, 13:28
Is Frieren any good? Intro gives me awful transtrender anime bait loved by normies. Yet a lot of people recommend it.

SSY is great. CG is normie shit but they the protagonist isn't a retard. Mostly.
I almost didnt bother with frieren when I looked through the first episode, but it became really good a few episodes in you just shouldnt expect too much action its more character driven. But if there is action its really awesome and has lovely characters.

And it spawned meme edits like this even.
Last edited by Vaako on February 13th, 2024, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Cedric wrote: February 13th, 2024, 13:28

If you like shows that try really hard to manipulate your emotions and make you sad, you will enjoy it. I haven't watched it, but @NEG did and he seemed to get the same impression that I have.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

GhostCow wrote: February 13th, 2024, 18:17
If you like shows that try really hard to manipulate your emotions and make you sad, you will enjoy it. I haven't watched it, but @NEG did and he seemed to get the same impression that I have.
Yeah. It's so deep the way all these cliched characters have soft music playing behind them and like such a tragic story bro. Wow, people die of old age? Deep!

But that said, I've only watched the first few episodes. I plan to check it out again once it's done with this season, when hopefully it's gotten over the fact that elves live a long time and has some action or something to keep my interest.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Can't get enough Phantasy Star 4, any shows other than Slayers! with the same cast of mismatched adventurers led by a greedy merc chick against a worldweary budda turned villain?