We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Dominions 6

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

That's good to hear, Ratcatcher. I'm sorry if I didn't notice that Emphy was running away with the game. This one will probably end quickly if he play the right cards. But let's see the next :golf clap:
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Irenaeus wrote: February 13th, 2024, 12:01
I didn't notice that Emphy was running away with the game.
I told you :mad:

Dw man, the most important thing is to have fun. I hope they iron out the bugs with the patching process tho because that was a real bummer.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Ratcatcher wrote: February 13th, 2024, 06:27
Emphyrio wrote: February 13th, 2024, 04:02
My rough math is that you have close to zero income now after upkeep. If I'd waited a couple more turns before killing all your cavalry you'd probably be having desertions now.
That's not the issue, I can distill gold and keep things going. The worst is actually the loss of production and:
Emphyrio wrote: February 13th, 2024, 04:02
commanders bugging out
But not because of what you may think. Losing mages and such hurts af but the game also removed every 80+ ldr commander I had. I initially didin't notice because I was crying over the loss of wizardry-ing but lacking the ability to put flyers in lines is fuckhuge. It more or less killed what strategy I could still use and my motivation to do smth fun! with my remaining troops.

Sorry if this was disappointing for you men. I hope the rest of the game is fun and that I at least provided entertainment, while I lasted. I certainly had fun myself!
Don't forget to join RPGHQ2 (hopefully without disappearing commanders).
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Emphyrio wrote: February 14th, 2024, 04:45
Total Binocular Death
Are you having issues with your eyes once again?

:(

edit:
Decline wrote: February 13th, 2024, 23:59
Don't forget to join RPGHQ2
Sorry, I didn't initially notice your quote. This week is literally hell, I have a new student I need to somehow insert into my weekly schedule and one of my associates at the club had to take some time off due to an injury.

Once I'm a bit more free, in say a week or so, I'd gladly play some Disciples game, especially if there are some new players that wish to learn the game (talking about you @Kalarion bro).
Don't get me wrong, I genuinely had fun with this one but I'd prefer the next regular game to have at least 6 or so players, if possible.
Last edited by Ratcatcher on February 14th, 2024, 09:26, edited 2 times in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

@Irenaeus When I offered to let you have some of Ragha's lands, I guess I should have been more specific about which ones those are. The province you just took that's adjacent to my fort is historically mine and wasn't part of the offer. Also, you messed up the siege of Ragha's fort by not leaving at least a scout on it after you moved off of it. Now he's going to repair the walls and get income again. Not a big deal, but you should move your army back to the fort right away. Just leave 1pd in the province so I can take it back easily next turn.

Your faithful friend and ally,
Phlegra
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

wait wtf irenaeus you actually attacked me on purpose? Image

Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Good battle, Emphy, you defended it well. Good game also, you did it!
Let's start the next, this one was a ton of fun :bounce:
Decline

Post by Decline »

Irenaeus wrote: February 15th, 2024, 11:16
Good battle, Emphy, you defended it well. Good game also, you did it!
Let's start the next, this one was a ton of fun :bounce:
We need to drum up some people if we want to go for 6 players.
Does anyone have connections to the codex dominions 4 crowd from 10 years ago?
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

turn's up, let's finish this
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Decline wrote: February 16th, 2024, 01:03
Does anyone have connections to the codex
I already tried testing the waters. They currently are dealing with this massive 14-16 players thing iirc and they had to restart multiple times. I'll keep asking those I know to join some of our games in the future but I don't think I can bring anyone on the short term.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Ratcatcher wrote: February 16th, 2024, 09:56
Decline wrote: February 16th, 2024, 01:03
Does anyone have connections to the codex
I already tried testing the waters. They currently are dealing with this massive 14-16 players thing iirc and they had to restart multiple times. I'll keep asking those I know to join some of our games in the future but I don't think I can bring anyone on the short term.
This isn't blitzing FFS you can easily join multiple games.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Decline wrote: February 16th, 2024, 18:27
This isn't blitzing FFS you can easily join multiple games.
You misunderstand. Most of them didn't manage to play a single game and want the big codex one to be their first. What's holding most people back is the networking issues, I dunno the exact details but they had to restart so many times already I don't think most will be trying other games, until that one is at least up and running.

Then, you underestimate how anal some people are and how little gaming time determined job schedule leave you. Most people never join more than 1-2 games at a time, I am one of those, I rarely have more than half an hour to spare, in this time of the year.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Once I joined 6 games at the same time thinking "what would be the problem anyway, turns are pretty quick and this game is awesome" and came to regret it dearly.
Last edited by Irenaeus on February 16th, 2024, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Irenaeus wrote: February 16th, 2024, 22:00
Once I joined 6 games at the same time thinking "what would be the problem anyway, turns are pretty quick and this game is awesome" and came to regret it dearly.
i thought you said you'd never played mp before :notsureif:
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Emphyrio wrote: February 16th, 2024, 22:01
Irenaeus wrote: February 16th, 2024, 22:00
i thought you said you'd never played mp before :notsureif:
I played like 20 mp games, always one of the first to lose.
I dont think I ever reached mid-game except as some kind of vassal to powerful neighbor. LOL There was one noob game that I also controlled like 4 provinces away from any throne but was LA Marignon and they left me alone, I ended up casting Astral Corruption and messed the end game (it reached cataclysm and some guy won when the next to last throne was destroyed). :lol:
Last edited by Irenaeus on February 16th, 2024, 22:07, edited 4 times in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Congrats Decline. Getting your tendie feebleminded to remove the astral path was a high iq move, srsly. There goes my plan to cast teleport>magic duel>returning.
Decline

Post by Decline »

GG @Emphyrio. I was maybe 2-3 turns too slow. I blame the indies.

Now it is time to get RPGHQ2 rolling. Submit! Submit! Submit!
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Is binding diplo off in the new game cuz that whole thing was kind of retarded
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Congrats, Emphy! You won! Good job there, a shame what happened to Ratcatcher and his Ragha.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: February 19th, 2024, 01:40
Is binding diplo off in the new game cuz that whole thing was kind of retarded
I turned it off for the (potential) noobs but we can turn it of if all agree.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Graphs.
► Show Spoiler

Game thoughts:
I waited way too long to get a 2nd fort up. I was always a couple hundred gold short, and I figured if I could spend all that gold, I didn't need a 2nd fort. It hurt for mage recruitment and then my research. Shackled Mages are an overpriced trap, wasting a fort turn for 5 research is dumb, and you need a 2:1 ratio of SM to oppressors if you want to keep them alive. Better to buy mostly oppressors and boost them with gems, keep a couple SM in forts only for big battles. I might have been lucky with my cap circle, because with prod 3 I had >800 res and could shit out ~25 Iron Guard a turn. Iron Guard are really, really good, and you def want Arcane Command bless so that your priests can help shuffle them around and patrol in your cap with them. Some people say the mouflons are the best unit, I disagree, my mouflons got wrecked by evos constantly. Speaking of evos, FUCK evos, my shit fuck mages were always hitting my own guys. Phlegra should beeline Conj 5 and then go up Alt and Construction. Laestragonians weren't relevant to the game at all. I don't understand why Yomi gets their shit turn 0, Ubar gets even better shit turn 12, and Phlegra has to wait to 30+. And then he has no mobility, can't cloud trapeze, can't teleport, can't wear flying boots or the nature speed boots, he can only slowly slither across your land.
Decline

Post by Decline »

The game pretty much collapsed in your favor after Ragha and Pythium nuked each other with my underdeveloped African nation barely progressing past mud huts. It achieved Alt 6 (Darkness) a turn before the game ended. Too late to turn things around.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Decline wrote: February 19th, 2024, 01:30
What era?
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Nemesis wrote: February 20th, 2024, 23:54
Decline wrote: February 19th, 2024, 01:30
What era?
EA
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

I will play any era, if somebody is anti-EA
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

I'm in with EA Vanheim