We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Dominions 6

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

How did you get the font to look like that?
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

I didn't know how.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Kalarion wrote: March 21st, 2024, 02:07
I didn't know how.
commander orders -> "send to arena death match". Only appears on turns with an arena death match.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Yet again you fall for Emphyrios agitprop. When will you learn?
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Emphyrio wrote: March 21st, 2024, 00:18
nobody went to death match? :notsureif:
I don't have a worthy champion to send.
Last edited by Nemesis on March 21st, 2024, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Nemesis wrote: March 21st, 2024, 14:29
Emphyrio wrote: March 21st, 2024, 00:18
nobody went to death match? :notsureif:
I don't have a worthy champion to send.
Same. I didn't want to lose a human general for nothing.

Edit: There was another patch this week but it doesn't change much, if anything, for our game.
Last edited by Irenaeus on March 21st, 2024, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Irenaeus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 15:45

Edit: There was another patch this week but it doesn't change much, if anything, for our game.
it actually makes a huge difference for me because the bug where ethereals weren't damaged by magic weapon repels is fixed.
Last edited by Emphyrio on March 21st, 2024, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Emphyrio wrote: March 21st, 2024, 16:03
Irenaeus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 15:45

it actually makes a huge difference for me because the bug where ethereals weren't damaged by magic weapon repels is fixed.
Oh, I didn't even know about that.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Irenaeus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 21:14
Oh, I didn't even know about that.
nobody did except me :)
Decline

Post by Decline »

The worst part is actually that @Nemesis is as inept as he is is lucky. :groan: :groan: :groan:
Last edited by Decline on March 21st, 2024, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

:P Some of you guys take these games very seriously

Edit: Maybe I'M the one not taking it seriously enough :Inspector:
Last edited by Irenaeus on March 21st, 2024, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Irenaeus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 23:41

Possibly. Emphyrio will win in 2 turns, maybe 3.

Partly my fault though for requiring too little thrones. Last game was also too much about rushing thrones.
Next game will be different!
Last edited by Decline on March 22nd, 2024, 00:46, edited 2 times in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Decline wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 00:44
Irenaeus wrote: March 21st, 2024, 23:41

Possibly. Emphyrio will win in 2 turns, maybe 3.
I had a shitty start, lost thousands of armies trying to expand, have no magic/research, but I'm going all in against Emphyrio if he's the one on top now. YEE-HAW :bounce:
Decline wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 00:44
Partly my fault though for requiring too little thrones. Last game was also too much about rushing thrones.
Next game will be different!
Sure, the more the merrier :toot:
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Irenaeus wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 01:16
I had a shitty start, lost thousands of armies trying to expand, have no magic/research, but I'm going all in against Emphyrio if he's the one on top now. YEE-HAW :bounce:
reliable irenaeus
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

The magic site algorithm was a little crazy this game with me. I have 12 provinces and 3 Monasteries of Light, which are kind of mediocre sites.

Edit: I searched around and found this:

Decline

Post by Decline »

I think that may be an effect of the map being ported over from Dom5. Another problem is the smaller Indy armies, which may sound good initially, but coupled with the larger Income per province you can achieve insane amounts of income very fast (incidentally also favoring throne rushing). And there are probably more issues.

I don't think it is wise to go with Dom5 ports right now.
Last edited by Decline on March 22nd, 2024, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Decline wrote: March 21st, 2024, 23:36
The worst part is actually that @Nemesis is as inept as he is is lucky. :groan: :groan: :groan:
I'm shit at this game; no question about that. With Ubar's flying, invisible Djinn's, it's just about over for Vanheim.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Nemesis wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:06
Decline wrote: March 21st, 2024, 23:36
I'm shit at this game; no question about that. With Ubar's flying, invisible Djinn's, it's just about over for Vanheim.
ubar was considered a brokenly super-strong nation in dom 5 and only got stronger in dom 6. Their mages got extra paths and all of the counters to their jinn warriors were nerfed. It's a difficult match-up. Compare the stats on a mounted hirdman to a jinn warrior, both 50 gold. I think fay boars would be the best counter (trample pops unseen) but I haven't tested it. Serfs are also probably more cost-effective against jinn warriors than elfs are. Getting attacked by lots of guys at once lowers the defense stat so you have a chance to actually hit them. You can also give vanherses blacksteel swords and have them self buff with true sight then attack. Or if you're at Conj 3 summon air elementals. Or you can forge the const 1 slings but you have to make sure your slingers are close to where the jinn will land.

You're also playing an elf nation like a normal nation. You're supposed to sneak elves into most provinces and then surprise attack all at once. You attacked in only one place and brought the non-stealth archers with you so he saw it coming.

This is why early coalitions against Ubar are important. But Irenaeus pulled an Irenaeus and now I need to deal with him, which should take about 1 or 2 turns.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Nemesis wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:06
Actually the *heims are well equipped to deal with Ubar. Theoretically I dread you more than Mekone. But you made a couple of mistakes.

I would recommend you to take a look at your dwarven smiths. They can summon earth elementals. Earth elementals trample and trample doesn't care about mirror images or other such shenanigans. Additionally they come with spirit sight. The dwarven smiths also can cast resist lightning. Reminder that Ubar's djinn have very narrow magic paths and they strongly rely on magic.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:43
ubar was considered a brokenly super-strong nation in dom 5 and only got stronger in dom 6.
That's dumb propaganda. Ubar is strong but narrow. It is only strong in the sense that you have to alter your game plan in order to deal with specifically.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Also @Nemesis I told you than on IRC already but I am open to receive your peace proposal.

Nothing unreasonable, I assure you.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Let's hear it.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

if ubar was winning peace would be unnecessary
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 16:04
Of course. But as it stands you are winning next turn, and only @Irenaeus SC is able to safe us now.

You've got him in position right. RIGHT?!
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 17:48
Emphyrio wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 16:04
Of course. But as it stands you are winning next turn, and only @Irenaeus SC is able to safe us now.

You've got him in position right. RIGHT?!
oh is a new turn up?
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

can't wait to get home and find that you cloud trapezed 10 shaytans with smashers onto my BBC or something.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Not looking good on my Mekone front, guys. His God is hard to kill and does massive damage with close-range thunderstrikes. He has 230 dudes coming in to help, half of them magic-armored giants. My celts are history this turn, including MARRADECAO the god and MAMALUIGI the prophet. Julius Caesar, help me :shock:

I think Emphyrio takes home the cup again, then. All hail the king, baby! :king:
Decline

Post by Decline »

Irenaeus wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 21:52
Not looking good on my Mekone front, guys. His God is hard to kill and does massive damage with close-range thunderstrikes. He has 230 dudes coming in to help, half of them magic-armored giants. My celts are history this turn, including MARRADECAO the god and MAMALUIGI the prophet. Julius Caesar, help me :shock:

I think Emphyrio takes home the cup again, then. All hail the king, baby! :king:
Yeah I saw that battle. It was a slaughter. :groan: