We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Dominions 6

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

8 bloodhenge druids in a single indie province? This is true lunacy.

My indies were incredibly boring in comparison, something like 40-60 light inf, heavy inf, archers/crossbowmen - no magic or monsters. And thankfully no heavy cav!
Last edited by Irenaeus on January 30th, 2024, 01:52, edited 2 times in total.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

What's strange is, beyond the normal limit form commanders, which for all I could tell hasn't changed, BH druids are limited commanders. There should be 2 tops in a single province, iirc. I should probably ask some modder about this. This is probably some sort of glitch during map creation if all you killed are bloodhenge druids.

It's not even liek they want them to do some Blood shenanigans because they all have B1 tops and by csting sabbath/slave they'd all put themselves at 100 fatigue to maybe cast 1 spell, a few turns later. This is weird af.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 30th, 2024, 06:17
What's strange is, beyond the normal limit form commanders, which for all I could tell hasn't changed, BH druids are limited commanders. There should be 2 tops in a single province, iirc. I should probably ask some modder about this. This is probably some sort of glitch during map creation if all you killed are bloodhenge druids.

It's not even liek they want them to do some Blood shenanigans because they all have B1 tops and by csting sabbath/slave they'd all put themselves at 100 fatigue to maybe cast 1 spell, a few turns later. This is weird af.
I have a backup of every turn, and looked it up. it's 5 not 8, I may have confused it mentally with assassinations going on elsewhere.

Screenshot shows three because I assassinated 2 in the same turn (assassinations are resolved before battle).
I was hoping for 3 in the province, leaving one for the MoM to deal with. A risk I was willing to take given the bleak situation.

The Dark Vines ultimately deleted my Pretender.

Should there be 5 BHD + 4 DV provinces in your cap circle? In my opinion no.
Last edited by Decline on January 30th, 2024, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

tbh i don't understand the game plan with an awake Mother of Monsters
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: January 30th, 2024, 14:40
The game plan for awake Pretender for C'Tis is fairly simple: C'Tis units are too shite to reliably achieve 12-14 provinces at year 2. Thus you need additional firepower which the MoM provides.
Decline

Post by Decline »

PSA: You can significantly improve the auto generated maps by disabling rivers in the generation menu.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: January 30th, 2024, 15:42
Emphyrio wrote: January 30th, 2024, 14:40
The game plan for awake Pretender for C'Tis is fairly simple: C'Tis units are too shite to reliably achieve 12-14 provinces at year 2. Thus you need additional firepower which the MoM provides.
I understand the concept of awake pretender. I don't understand awake MoM. She needs an armor, helmet and sword. Without high protection (18+) or invulnerability she'll just get chopped down by crap infantry. Pythium's Hydra, which also has multiple attacks, regen, fear, blunt and pierce resist, and unsurroundable, still isn't great against indies because of the low prot, in my experience.

Maybe with the right bless you can give her a few tomb guards on guard commander and be fine, idk. You've probably got a pretty big bless judging by your shit scales.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Mother of monsters is widely regardes as one of the best titans and can defintiely expand vs soft indies since the beginning.
Emphyrio wrote: January 30th, 2024, 16:41
She needs an armor, helmet and sword
Armor is nice. Sword isn't needed, she has poison cloud to rout enemies. Same for helmet, she is size 7 or 8 iirc. Fat chance an indy will hit her in the head. C'Tis has access to N and E for some early armors.

No, the issue is she needs Barkskin and Personal Regen. I dunno which turn he sent her forth but if he already has 2 empoisoners out AND the goddess, I doubt he had enchantment 2 when he set her out. Additionally, with limited access to capring provinces and stronger indies, it may be better to stay put, until she can tackle something softer than hvy cav or similar. Send her vs infantry or tribals and she'll do fine, maybe get afflicted but end up winning.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Barkskin only gives +1 because she already has natural prot of 10.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Yes. But it's on the way, why not cast it? Personal regen is the thing ofc.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 30th, 2024, 17:26
I dunno which turn he sent her forth but if he already has 2 empoisoners out AND the goddess, I doubt he had enchantment 2 when he set her out.

I send her out when I hit ench2 at T4. Stats after buffing:

These detail discussions are rather pointless. There's no pretender in the game that can expand at ench2 timing vs these indiepiles.

Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Dark vines and imps are immune to poison. Wtf man, how do you think she can rout that, with her attacks?

Still, pretty fun, I admit.

edit: I bet that's a blood vengeange + reforming flesh bless for your sneks
Last edited by Ratcatcher on January 30th, 2024, 18:08, edited 2 times in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 30th, 2024, 18:06

edit: I bet that's a blood vengeange + reforming flesh bless for your sneks
based on the blood vengeance and reforming flesh icons, I will also guess that he took a blood vengeance and reforming flesh bless.
Decline wrote: January 30th, 2024, 17:55

These detail discussions are rather pointless. There's no pretender in the game that can expand at ench2 timing vs these indiepiles.
I think Golden Lion could, especially with some flanking infantry to kill the mages.
Yes. But it's on the way, why not cast it? Personal regen is the thing ofc.
Skin spells are alt not ench
Last edited by Emphyrio on January 30th, 2024, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Those Dark Vines are murder.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Emphyrio wrote: January 30th, 2024, 18:11
based on the blood vengeance and reforming flesh icons, I will also guess that he took a blood vengeance and reforming flesh bless.
Believe it or not, I didn't notice those. i just looked at the paths. You're right ofc.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 30th, 2024, 18:06
Dark vines and imps are immune to poison. Wtf man, how do you think she can rout that, with her attacks?
Not at all. I already told you it is pure desperation. Between this, the 130+ heavy cav province and the 60+ golem province this looked like the best shot.
Decline

Post by Decline »

I think Golden Lion could, especially with some flanking infantry to kill the mages.
I was talking about solo expanding, obviously 'just bring an army bro' is always an option.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Hvy cav at least suffers from poison. Maybe stay put until you have enough javellins to take that. Fun fact, I played a similar build in my last codex game and I had to expand turn 3 because I was similarly surrounded by shit indies.

Still ended up in a pretty strong position, it's a nice bless. Now I'll need to rush you, if we play a new map :eyebrows:

edit: I'm not criticizing your play. You were clearly in a very bad situation.
Last edited by Ratcatcher on January 30th, 2024, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Skin spells are alt not ench
Also right, I was under the impression I had mentioned skeletal body but I didn't.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 30th, 2024, 18:19
edit: I'm not criticizing your play. You were clearly in a very bad situation.
It's certainly in the hall of fame of my worst starts ever. :lol:
Decline

Post by Decline »

Also another PSA: Blesses are now no 'trade secret' anymore, they are readily available to see in 'Pretenders of the World' (F4) once you have encountered the enemy bless once.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Precisely why I stopped using my prophet in battle. No, you're not looking at my bless before it's time. After turn 4-5, he retires to preach or smth.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: January 30th, 2024, 18:16
I was talking about solo expanding, obviously 'just bring an army bro' is always an option.
can you upload your backed up turn 1? I'd like to test something.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: January 30th, 2024, 18:40
Decline wrote: January 30th, 2024, 18:16
can you upload your backed up turn 1? I'd like to test something.
It is unfortunately not possible to redo a turn using the backup of the game state folder anymore when using the lobby system. I am still trying to understand why, it works in SP.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

@Ratcatcher Markatas archers do fight in melee. Especially vs cavalry. Need to use math and count your hp tho...
didn't know that this game was gonna be sweaty
Last edited by Emphyrio on January 30th, 2024, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

In this particular game, that happened in the past. Turn 3 to be precise.

Mighty markatas are a steal, for 40 gold. Problem is, they will definitely rout (because ofc you catch cavalry with them). They have a total of 5*50=250 hp of monke. You need to take that into account and be sure you have enough hp left to not hp-rout.

Ragha can field elephants tho :smug:
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 30th, 2024, 22:44
Ragha can field elephants tho :smug:
How do Ragha's elephants fare vs Pythium's hydras?
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Hydras are size what now, 8? 9? Elephants are only good vs things they can trample. Usually players can counter them easily. But they are very efficient during expansion.

I referred to that just because the math is quite easy, if a single unit has 68hp + rider(s), when deciding if you risk hp-rout by fielding the monke screen.

Obligatory:

Last edited by Ratcatcher on January 30th, 2024, 23:09, edited 2 times in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

The cavemen :lol:
Last edited by Irenaeus on January 31st, 2024, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.