We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Dominions 6

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: April 6th, 2024, 01:31
I stopped Ireneaus' throne rush while Asspoodle and Vanheim were NAPping, and saved the world from Pythian tyranny, and now my reward is to be invaded by this coalition of liars and frauds.

My spirit will rise from the grave and the world will realize that I was right.

:notsureif:
Dude, you can't even stick to your own deals. You have war tourrete. You get what you begged for.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Emphyrio wrote: April 6th, 2024, 01:31
I stopped Ireneaus' throne rush while Asspoodle and Vanheim were NAPping, and saved the world from Pythian tyranny, and now my reward is to be invaded by this coalition of liars and frauds.

My spirit will rise from the grave and the world will realize that I was right.

Emphyrio singlehandled 9/11'd my dreams of peaceful throne claming. Speaking of Bin, I need a new prophet, my last one heh

He was an enlightened soul

RIP
Last edited by Irenaeus on April 6th, 2024, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: April 6th, 2024, 02:19
:notsureif:
Dude, you can't even stick to your own deals. You have war tourrete. You get what you begged for.
I fulfilled the deal though, and did exactly what I said I would do. The world is safe, thanks to the Religion of Peace. :heart:
Decline

Post by Decline »

I do what I can with the limited resources I was dealt.
Not everyone gets endowed with a most perfect starting position and then is handed additional gibs by Illwinter, some of us actually have to play the game.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

@Emphyrio what a string of good rounds, looks like you shook off your bad luck in the previous turns. Will you win another game (hat-trick)? Looks like it :ugeek:
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Irenaeus wrote: April 8th, 2024, 11:18
@Emphyrio what a string of good rounds, looks like you shook off your bad luck in the previous turns. Will you win another game (hat-trick)? Looks like it :ugeek:
The war is still far from decided. Nobody has lost significant territory or anything irreplacable. At this point it's still anyone's game and we're probably 15+ turns from a winner.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: April 8th, 2024, 14:16
The war is still far from decided.
Of course it is decided. I am fighting more against this shitty map than against you.

On top of that playing underdeveloped african nation simulator just isn't very fun.

If everyone is OK I would like to just end this game, declare Emphyrio the winner and move on.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:01
Of course it is decided. I am fighting more against this shitty map than against you.

On top of that playing underdeveloped african nation simulator just isn't very fun.

If everyone is OK I would like to just end this game, declare Emphyrio the winner and move on.
This isn't my view of things. I find your position enviable, and new Asphodel seems very strong (certainly much stronger than pythium and vanheim). But you're the man with the graphs.

@Kalarion what a waste you didn't use those meteorite guards to get underwater :(
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Decline wrote: April 9th, 2024, 00:01
No. Let's keep playing.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: April 9th, 2024, 01:01
I find your position enviable
You should really play Asphodel 1 Forest challenge.

What I think is a clear oversight on part of Illwinter is that Kelp Forest fort give you zero recruitables. It is basically a dead Fort except for the income so despite your FS being naturally UW capable you can't make use of UW at all.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: April 9th, 2024, 02:52
Emphyrio wrote: April 9th, 2024, 01:01
I find your position enviable
You should really play Asphodel 1 Forest challenge.

What I think is a clear oversight on part of Illwinter is that Kelp Forest fort give you zero recruitables. It is basically a dead Fort except for the income so despite your FS being naturally UW capable you can't make use of UW at all.
One forest is plenty. You already get a functional +1cp fort instantly, with discounted temple and lab. You have a full recruitment set up before any other nation can and it costs $600 instead of $2800 and 8 turns (for fortress+lab+temple). Even if you had a 2nd forest, do you have the gold to support 3 full forts worth of recruitment? I don't.

As it is, your forest is in ideal position, right next to your cap, which simplifies your logistics and should make both of them much easier to defend. Your forts sit in the middle of what appear to be high income plain farms and riverlands with no indefensible salients that would allow easy raiding. Almost every province in the Asphodel pennisula is adjacent to one of your forts. If that wasn't the case my raiders would be doing a lot more work. Yes, there is a river but you have cold dom and amphibious freespawn.

There are 3 more forests right outside your borders. Yes, they are in cap circles. But you are a nation that's ideal for doing an early rush. If you had started next to Nemesis or Kalarion, or been at war with Ireneaus instead of me, you would have had those forests no problem. Centaur Warriors are very quick to recruit and very strong for their price and even my Adite Elites trade poorly with them. I invested double or more the gold into that last fight, and I still technically lost the field.

Now, my starting position in the island center shares borders with everyone. That complicates my diplo and defenses. If you'd had it instead of me, it would have given you options for eating a weaker nation, but then you'd be the one fighting a 2v1, or worse, instead of me.

As far as the kelp fort, nobody else in this current game can build uw forts at all, or get any national uw recruitables.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

did you guys destroy kalarion yet?
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 9th, 2024, 13:44
He had one lucky fireball shot and basically killed my god (got him diseased).
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Irenaeus wrote: April 9th, 2024, 17:33
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 9th, 2024, 13:44
suicide him into the throne and then call him back tbh, that might at least get the spring hawks out of your way.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Emphyrio wrote: April 9th, 2024, 18:11
Irenaeus wrote: April 9th, 2024, 17:33
suicide him into the throne and then call him back tbh, that might at least get the spring hawks out of your way.
:lol: :roll: he'd die in 2 turns
I'm keeping him in dragon form, he will last a long time - still has 74 hp.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: April 9th, 2024, 13:41
There are 3 more forests right outside your borders. Yes, they are in cap circles.

Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: April 9th, 2024, 23:24
Emphyrio wrote: April 9th, 2024, 13:41
There are 3 more forests right outside your borders. Yes, they are in cap circles.

I thought you were a cantaur, not a can'taur
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

did a doubeltake when i saw the map just now Kalarion

lol what did you do

Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

@Nemesis got a taste of what a Thrymsgode and a dozen Thrymshirdings can do to a massive army of chaff and cannon fodder :smug:
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Kalarion wrote: April 10th, 2024, 13:16
@Nemesis got a taste of what a Thrymsgode and a dozen Thrymshirdings can do to a massive army of chaff and cannon fodder :smug:
Translation: "I use units capable of doing 25-30 dmg each."

But, on the real, @Decline, how the FUCK do I get more commander points? I can't seem to find a decent answer in the forums. One guy suggested, "Just upgrade your fort, bro."
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Nemesis wrote: April 10th, 2024, 13:50
Kalarion wrote: April 10th, 2024, 13:16
Translation: "I use units capable of doing 25-30 dmg each."

But, on the real, @Decline, how the FUCK do I get more commander points? I can't seem to find a decent answer in the forums. One guy suggested, "Just upgrade your fort, bro."
You cant (normally) upgrade your capital but you can - and SHOULD - build palisades in other provinces and upgrade them to fortress and up, to increase their commander points for recruiting. Btw, if you and @Kalarion could stop your gay not pressing war and focus on stopping Emphyrio from running away with the game, me and @Decline would appreciate it. THanks in advance! :bounce:
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Irenaeus wrote: April 10th, 2024, 19:22
build palisades in other provinces and upgrade them to fortress and up, to increase their commander points for recruiting.
I missed that detail. Thank you.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Fortress and Citadel give a marginal CP increase, Castle and Grand Citadel don't. That's for standard forts, some nations have slightly different forts that increase cp at different levels.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Classic Ireneaus :salute:
► Show Spoiler
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: April 11th, 2024, 02:13
Classic Ireneaus :salute:
► Show Spoiler
He knows where not to step.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

And Emphyrio was saying I should have suicided my dragon :lol:
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

@Nemesis and I have buried the hatchet. Jotun has always been the good and close friend of our little cousins the Vanir. Those crazy Vanherses!... they're ok in my book.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Kalarion wrote: April 11th, 2024, 13:22
@Nemesis and I have buried the hatchet. Jotun has always been the good and close friend of our little cousins the Vanir. Those crazy Vanherses!... they're ok in my book.
OK. Just keep in mind that Irenaeus is
1. In need of only 2 more thrones to win,
2. Building up huge armies next to two uncleared thrones, the one next to his cap and the sea throne,
3. Summoning tons of fliers which he can lead with his dragon to take the disputed vanheim/jotunheim throne,
4. making as much income as me, according to the graph site I took from Decline, despite having fewer provinces than me,
5. commanding just as many troops as me (graph site),
6. doing nothing with his mages all game but pumping out research + boosted with owl quills,
7. not helping out his ally Decline, in fact apperantly intentionally gimping him despite their NAP,
8. Constitutionally incapable of upholding his end of an alliance (observed over multiple games now)
9. Commanding recruitable H3's and an awake god he can use to claim 2 thrones on the same turn.
10. in short, the only player actually positioned to win the game in the short term.

If you guys wanna do a 4v1 that's fine, but it would be pretty lame if you just handed Iren the win for free.

The least you can do is don't agree to a formal NAP with him. They take 3 turns to break during which you will watch helplessly as he takes the thrones right in front of you.
Last edited by Emphyrio on April 11th, 2024, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Emphyrio wrote: April 11th, 2024, 13:54
Kalarion wrote: April 11th, 2024, 13:22
OK. Just keep in mind that Irenaeus is
1. In need of only 2 more thrones to win,
2. Building up huge armies next to two uncleared thrones, the one next to his cap and the sea throne,
3. Summoning tons of fliers which he can lead with his dragon to take the disputed vanheim/jotunheim throne,
4. making as much income as me, according to the graph site I took from Decline, despite having fewer provinces than me,
5. commanding just as many troops as me (graph site),
6. doing nothing with his mages all game but pumping out research + boosted with owl quills,
7. not helping out his ally Decline, in fact apperantly intentionally gimping him despite their NAP,
8. Constitutionally incapable of upholding his end of an alliance (observed over multiple games now)
9. Commanding recruitable H3's and an awake god he can use to claim 2 thrones on the same turn.
10. in short, the only player actually positioned to win the game in the short term.

If you guys wanna do a 4v1 that's fine, but it would be pretty lame if you just handed Iren the win for free.

The least you can do is don't agree to a formal NAP with him. They take 3 turns to break during which you will watch helplessly as he takes the thrones right in front of you.
Don't believe his lies!