We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Dominions 6

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Thi should be gud for such a small game. You can make events common, it slightly favours luck scales which, at least in 5, could use a little help.

Global Enchantment and Hall of Fame I'd leave as such for a 4 players but those are usually increased for larger games. As for thrones, I'd do 4 level 2 with a total of 6 points needed for victory. But that's highly debatable.

edit: Enable master password, in case there's a chance the game admin could leave the game and go AI.
Last edited by Ratcatcher on January 28th, 2024, 00:55, edited 2 times in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

my eyes are injured and i need some time please hold off
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Sure thing! @Decline, you will need to move the timer, if you haven't already and it's shorter than 24h.

(Incidentally, this means I could have done my testing before uploading a crap pretender. I hate you all. :mad: )
Decline

Post by Decline »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 28th, 2024, 16:26
Sure thing! @Decline, you will need to move the timer, if you haven't already and it's shorter than 24h.

(Incidentally, this means I could have done my testing before uploading a crap pretender. I hate you all. :mad: )
Done
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

my vision is returning

this map is really small.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Emphyrio wrote: January 28th, 2024, 19:34
my vision is returning
Or maybe you need glasses and map is actually yuge...

Hope you're allrite now.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 28th, 2024, 20:00
Emphyrio wrote: January 28th, 2024, 19:34
my vision is returning
Or maybe you need glasses and map is actually yuge...

Hope you're allrite now.
It's small enough that I can see 2 caps and make a pretty good guess where the 3rd is. It's basically cap rings only.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Decline

Post by Decline »

@Ratcatcher turn!

Also guise please join IRC, it's easier to coordinate.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

I told you, I work during week ends. Tonite I also had a pnp session with Tweed and asf. Sorry. I cannot join Irc atm, I will tomorrow.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

My helotes just jobbed to light infantry. Like 2:1kd. What an absolute joke.
Decline

Post by Decline »

I am thankful you let me have the mercs. Very thoughtful of you to give me a chance at expanding in this cesspool of insane druids, giant golems and fish people I find myself in.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Also, please set a password on your pretender otherwise anyone can just go into your game and look up what you are doing (or even do the turn for you)

Looking at you @Irenaeus
Last edited by Decline on January 29th, 2024, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Yeah, an oversight of my part as it's been a couple years since I played dominions mp.
My expansion so far hasnt been that bad thanks to gladiators but it's just the beginning turns, it can still turn horrible with a single bad decision/stray arrow.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Monkeys did their job wonderfully! Now, if only I could actually access 2/5 of my capring...
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

how do you get notified when the new turn is ready?
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: January 29th, 2024, 14:15
how do you get notified when the new turn is ready?
I have made this script that I let waybar run every ten minutes or so.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I've only tested this on Fedora running Wayland but it should run on any other Linux even with X11 provided you have notify-send and xmllint installed.
It won't work on Windows obviously, maybe it can be adapted?
Last edited by Decline on January 29th, 2024, 17:35, edited 2 times in total.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Welp the indies wasted my pretender. GG I guess. I can't even take a single province.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: January 29th, 2024, 20:06
Welp the indies wasted my pretender. GG I guess. I can't even take a single province.
Then I'm doing okay with 1. What pretender was it and what did it die to?

I'm not against a restart. Like Ratcatcher my pretender was just a crappy placeholder. And I wouldn't have picked Phlegra if I knew the map was so small.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: January 29th, 2024, 20:40
Decline wrote: January 29th, 2024, 20:06
Then I'm doing okay with 1. What pretender was it and what did it die to?
MoM SC dying to a ton of Bloodhenge Druids. The alternative was sending her agains 100+ Heavy Cavalry or 60 Golems. :groan:
I'm not against a restart. Like Ratcatcher my pretender was just a crappy placeholder. And I wouldn't have picked Phlegra if I knew the map was so small.
The restart is called RPGHQ2.
But we play this until the bitter end. It's just T5, lmao.
Last edited by Decline on January 29th, 2024, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

I managed to expand but due to crap province borders and thrones, I won't complete my capring for quite some time yet. I'd say we keep playing this, it's not like a single set back means it's over (altho LA C'Tis is finicky, more than other nations). I suggest going enchantment, getting a few empoisoners, giving them a few D gems for summon skeletons at least once, summon skeleton twice, fire, fire, cast spells. Use teams of 3, assassinate with all of them one turn, next turn you assassinate with 2 and attack with the third or repeat 3 sets of assassinations and attack with a scout or smth. Provinces without commanders just immediately rout. Avoid cavalry and weird magical stuff. Use what you have to ping provinces beforehand for mages and such.

A restart proper should call for a vote from everyone, so we should at least wait for Iren to chime in. In which case, my only qualm is, plz, let's put some more thought into the map. I'd offer to prep it myself but I dunno how long it will take, it's about half an hour of work (half an hour I don't have atm, rly. My life sucks until march)
Last edited by Ratcatcher on January 29th, 2024, 21:10, edited 3 times in total.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 29th, 2024, 21:08
I suggest going enchantment, getting a few empoisoners,
Already done. I have two on the bloodhenge province chipping away their leaders. But by the gods, they're so many...

The real question I am debating with myself is does it make sense to call her back asap (c'tis can do it comparatively fast) and delay the rest for it or just keep her in then netherworld for the rest of the game considering that when she returns she's gonna be mostly useless anyway.
Ratcatcher wrote: January 29th, 2024, 21:08
let's put some more thought into the map
My proposed map for RPGHQ2 is Biddyn, which was just released for D6 yesterday. We will start that game once six pretenders have signed up.
Last edited by Decline on January 29th, 2024, 21:19, edited 3 times in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: January 29th, 2024, 20:47
The restart is called RPGHQ2.
But we play this until the bitter end. It's just T5, lmao.
that's fine.

I will play the unga bunga cavemen in Rpghq2.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Decline wrote: January 29th, 2024, 21:14
But by the gods, they're so many...
Non-thrones provinces have 4 commaners tops, that's why I suggest using teams of 3. Otherwise you need 2 full turns spent assassinating + a third one to attack or an outside intervention. Also beware druids, they can cast enlarge and animate tree and sometimes ruin your day.

I'm afraid you've chosen one of the nation which currently suffers from the hardest expansion in LA imho. I very much like LA C'Tis but ultimately decided against it precisely because for the sake of God, I was unable to find a proper expansion strategy that doesn't leave me completely open for a year 1 attack and doesn't gimp my effectiveness in the long run.

Probably one of your greatest strength atm are tomb chariots. One way to easily start reanimating them early is to wait for Ench 2, cast revive king and summon a mound king. Prophetize him and you'll have a cheap H3 undead priest, all C'Tis undead priests can reanimate their special undeads. Even 2-4 or so chariots can easily swing a battle in your favor. They are frail af tho.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

skeleton horsemen are really strong now. The skeleton horsie keeps hitting you after the rider dies. Pale Riders is 25 of them for only 10 gems.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

I'm open to finish this or restart, either way is fine with me. I'm doing ok but nothing spectacular - also I sucked at dom5 mp and barely tested dom6 in sp, so this micro map might actually be my best odds :bounce:
Decline

Post by Decline »

I doubt that there's a single nation in LA that can expand against these Indies... every province around me is at least throne tier two are actual thrones... just in my cap circle :lol:
Non-thrones provinces have 4 commaners tops,
That's definitely not true anymore, this one has at least 6 Bloodhenge druids.
Last edited by Decline on January 29th, 2024, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Yeah, there's nothing I can really do.

Also, I have no assassinated 8 Bloodhenge Druids. The 4cpp limit is gone.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Decline wrote: January 30th, 2024, 01:15
Yeah, there's nothing I can really do.

Also, I have no assassinated 8 Bloodhenge Druids. The 4cpp limit is gone.
Did you see how many commanders were in the province when you attacked?

Well indies don't grow back. If I was in this shituation I'd just keep hacking at them while balling up a bunch of longdead. The map is small and narrow enough that nobody can run away with expansion.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Emphyrio wrote: January 30th, 2024, 01:43
Did you see how many commanders were in the province when you attacked?
I didn't count them, but as I said early t'was a lot. And I have now confirmation by my assassin it was indeed 8 bloodhenge druids.
Well indies don't grow back.
All good and well, but you can't really afford 4 turns with two assassins (so 6 turns, T1 recruit, T2 move order) for a single province *in your cap circle* as LA C'tis. That is why I send the pretender in there in the first place.

My bet is that Illwinter decided to apply the exploding dice to the map gen as well. I have now played 6 games in D6 plus dozens of expansion tests and have never seen insane Indies like these.
Last edited by Decline on January 30th, 2024, 01:54, edited 3 times in total.