We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Tactics Ogre: Reborn post game therapy

And related anime RPGs go here.
UwU
General Reign

Tactics Ogre: Reborn post game therapy

Post by General Reign »

I missed the original and the psp version minus a couple of missions I played 10 years or so ago, so I went in mostly blind as I usually do. Maybe I should have looked and seen if there was some instruction booklet to offset that autism because I stressed about missing recruits most of the game and was not aware that Chapter 4 is the only one that actually matters. Something about this reminded me of FFX where you go down a long hallway for most of the game then they let you free to actually...ya know play the game. That is Tactics Ogre: Reborn but how much of this carries over to the original I wonder? Well judging by the changes they let the most buggiest of the Buglords decide what to change in this game.

Imagine my excitement when I beat the game only to be told some cool thing called LEVEL SCALING would be used so I could replay some content. This reminds me of the LEVEL LOCKING they use for the entire game - yay I am level 39 and the boss has level 42! Nothing you do matters! This is not true of course. Actual party composition and items and equipment and all those gay little cards matter. Grinding is irelevant minus leveling up some finishing moves and getting loot. Your army is the size of a baby's dick the entire game. I can't recall what it was exactly but in the psp version it was 999 and that sounds like my kind of autism. Not this 50 unit bullshit.

So you are telling me I am supposed to grind 100 floors of some dungeon for no reason other than making the game end sooner with better equipment but I can make it end sooner by skipping the dungeon? Ok I went 6 floors in and then quickly figured out that the Warlock was what I came for and left to beat the game and end my suffering. I especially like how RIGHT BEFORE I beat the game they give me a bunch of classes I can change all my guys to so they have no finishing moves so I am of course expected to love grinding 100 floors of some autistic dungeon that by rights I should enjoy...

I think the World Card actually lessens beating the game in the first place now that I think about it since you can just go back to any point and redo everything. It felt pretty weak so I gladly uninstalled it hoping that they do not butcher the Final Fantasy Tactics: Reborn thing that is gonna happen.

7/10 Too much autism. :ugeek:
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

How tactical was the ogre?
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Humbaba wrote: July 17th, 2023, 16:46
How tactical was the ogre?

This dumb bitch killed herself.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

The original game was the best version of the game IMO.

In Reborn, I had most of my squad running on AI control, and only chose 1-3 units that I controlled myself. The AI generally took positioning with squishier units that was too aggressive, and played too safe with beefier units. So setting units on AI caused me to lose more units than I'd have otherwise lost if I controlled them all manually, but it was still worth it because setting AI control for most units sped up clear times on maps by 30-50%. IMO the missions/maps overstayed their welcome when it came to the amount of time it took to clear them vs comparable games of this genre, but setting AI control and increasing the game speed (including through 3rd party tools) alleviated this somewhat.
Derringer

Post by Derringer »

Archers are basically cheese strat in the original because of the way tile damage works in the game compared to FFT, I'd have to try playing it normally sometime, the port assets never looked right to me.