We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

post your rig

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I keep having weak moments where I want to buy everything on this list, but thankfully 4090s are consistently out of stock and keeping me from doing something stupid

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/GhostCow/ ... iew=9jqV4D
Red7

Post by Red7 »

GhostCow wrote: December 12th, 2023, 04:33
I keep having weak moments where I want to buy everything on this list, but thankfully 4090s are consistently out of stock and keeping me from doing something stupid

are u insane, black or muti billionaire?
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

GhostCow wrote: December 12th, 2023, 04:33

Looks good. Buy it.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

id like to note simple jew rule of leisure expandatures to the goy here.

u not suppose to spend more than 1% of your liquid net worth on retarded, rapidly devaluing bullshit like cars, vaginas or gpus.
if u spend 10k on a rig it means u should have at least 1mil liquid savings. if u not, u act like a retarded nigger.

actually even worse cause nigger will buy diamond earring or golden cockring which wont fall in price as fast as gpus.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Hey, kid. Stop playing games and single-handedly topple the judeo-saurian world elite.
Last edited by maidenhaver on February 26th, 2024, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Can we change this goy's username to "Sonygger"?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

That PS5 is gonna be a nasty yellow color by the time it ends up in the pawnshop :sad:
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

I build a new rig once every 6-8 years depending on core system changes. So, I tend to buy at the higher spectrum because of it, and then ride out things until I hit a point where I need to catch up again.

I am about 5 years into this one and it chews up anything I throw at it with ease on max settings. Though not like a play much in the way of cutting edge games these days due to them being mostly garbage. My guess unless something drastically changes, I likely won't need to upgrade for another 3-5 years.
Last edited by Xenich on March 1st, 2024, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 1st, 2024, 18:17
@Humbaba whatcha got?
Iphone 6

-Humbaba
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

Humbaba wrote: March 1st, 2024, 19:35
Oyster Sauce wrote: March 1st, 2024, 18:17
@Humbaba whatcha got?
Iphone 6

-Humbaba
fag
PayStation

Post by PayStation »

Shit. I accidentally hit the log out button, then I could not remember the password. New account time.
Vergil wrote: February 28th, 2024, 15:25
That PS5 is gonna be a nasty yellow color by the time it ends up in the pawnshop :sad:
You need to take a chill pill, Vergil. After all, it is only a device to play video games. I have a decent PC, but unfortunately, the games I really like perform better on PS5. So I have to cough up $ for the console and $ony online tax. And I really don't like playing multiplayer games with fellow PC gamers; there are too many cheaters. Yes, you can cheat on console, but it is not as popular as on PC.
Xenich wrote: March 1st, 2024, 19:11
I build a new rig once every 6-8 years depending on core system changes. So, I tend to buy at the higher spectrum because of it, and then ride out things until I hit a point where I need to catch up again.

I am about 5 years into this one and it chews up anything I throw at it with ease on max settings. Though not like a play much in the way of cutting edge games these days due to them being mostly garbage. My guess unless something drastically changes, I likely won't need to upgrade for another 3-5 years.
Agree. There is no reason to waste money on things you don't need.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

PayStation wrote: March 1st, 2024, 21:18
Shit. I accidentally hit the log out button, then I could not remember the password. New account time.
You need to take a chill pill, Vergil. paragraph of seething over a joke
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

PayStation wrote: March 1st, 2024, 21:18
You need to take a chill pill, Vergil. After all, it is only a device to play video games. I have a decent PC, but unfortunately, the games I really like perform better on PS5. So I have to cough up $ for the console and $ony online tax. And I really don't like playing multiplayer games with fellow PC gamers; there are too many cheaters. Yes, you can cheat on console, but it is not as popular as on PC.
Xenich wrote: March 1st, 2024, 19:11

Agree. There is no reason to waste money on things you don't need.
you can't just build a PC for all that money?
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I was thinking of building a dedicated PC to replace my gaming laptop. If I build it though, I want it to be as small and as quiet as possible while being capable of running new games at 1440p or more. What do you guys recommend?.
PayStation

Post by PayStation »

you can't just build a PC for all that money?
[/quote]
Today's price? Depending on where you live, $500 could get you a 4070, which is very nice and will last you a long time. But one year ago, GPU prices were still insane, and in my country, the GPU retail price was like 20% over MSRP. Mind you, the MSRP was already inflated due to all the crypto bullshit and shortage issues. So I did not upgrade my PC but bought a PS5. The price of PC parts in my country these days makes a PS5 look cheaper.
Last edited by PayStation on March 2nd, 2024, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

PayStation wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 01:15

Today's price? Depending on where you live, $500 could get you a 4070, which is very nice and will last you a long time. But one year ago, GPU prices were still insane, and in my country, the GPU retail price was like 20% over MSRP. Mind you, the MSRP was already inflated due to all the crypto bullshit and shortage issues. So I did not upgrade my PC but bought a PS5. The price of PC parts in my country these days makes a PS5 look cheaper.
I use a fairly shitty GPU and can play most games that a ps5 can. You could just buy a used one that's a couple years behind the latest, otherwise you are just paying the same in PS online and games anyways
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

stop being a faggot, my pc case is yuge, as god intended
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

I bought a 1000 dollar gaming pc and then just played snes roms and vanilla wow servers . . .

SF6 and BG3 are the only two AAA games I've installed.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

asf wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 03:32
stop being a faggot, my pc case is yuge, as god intended
You have a PC case?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Playstation fans spending 600 dollars to play The Last of Us 1 and 2 over and over again.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

OnTilt wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 03:33
I bought a 1000 dollar gaming pc and then just played snes roms and vanilla wow servers . . .

SF6 and BG3 are the only two AAA games I've installed.
well spend money. u probably only lost like 20 milions of todays kukbuscks/usd long term if u had bought bitcoin instead and put together old xeon and some maxwell gpu for under 100 usd.
Konjad

Post by Konjad »

Konjad wrote: December 10th, 2023, 10:40
A12 wrote: August 18th, 2023, 22:30

ATI mobility 3470, Core 2 Duo (not sure what SKU).
I had non-pro version of this laptop, but eventually GPU died. This laptop also had a lot of screen issues for me, despite replacing parts every few months at some point...

Eventually just used it with an external monitor:

Anyway, since I'm already posting, here's my current rig:
Speaking of which, here are some of my old laptops:

However,I fully moved to desktops now though as I have my own place and don't need to keep moving anymore.
PayStation

Post by PayStation »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 03:26

I use a fairly shitty GPU and can play most games that a ps5 can. You could just buy a used one that's a couple years behind the latest, otherwise you are just paying the same in PS online and games anyways
Yes, taking the risk of buying a used GPU which miners have already run 24/7 for a year and pirating everything is probably the most economical way to play video games. Buying a console and paying for online is sure dumb as hell, but it gives me nostalgia. I played SNES with my friends, so Vergil is kind of right when he calls me a consolefag because that's how I started playing video games.
Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 03:39
Playstation fans spending 600 dollars to play The Last of Us 1 and 2 over and over again.
I haven't played them. They seem to be popular. Is the combat mostly shooting? Aiming with a controller is goddamn awful, and I usually don't play console shooting games. Mouse + Keyboard is the better way. Recently, I discovered that playing shooting games with gyroscope is even more fun than mouse + keyboard. I play Monster Hunter Rise on PS5 and using the bow with gyro is addictive.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I would rather split my cock open with an axe than try to aim with a controller.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Vergil wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 09:24
I would rather split my cock open with an axe than try to aim with a controller.
Well, not that drastic, but I can't stand them either. I think the last pad I got used to was Sega Genesis/Nintendo (edit: meant SNES) before I gave up on consoles. I am still pissed at how much damage they have done to the industry in terms of their design limitations for games (ie stupid interface controls, cover/aiming in FPS, etc..).
Last edited by Xenich on March 5th, 2024, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
PayStation

Post by PayStation »

Most of my favorite games come from arcade and console. Blame consoles all you want, but you cannot hide the fact that even exclusive PC developers fucked up their games without the influence of consoles.