We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Dogs are Reddit: The Animal

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I enjoy throwing leftovers to my dogs, from our second-floor deck. My dad doesn't want me to feed them that way, but when he is away on business, I fill a big bowl of leftovers, call to my dogs from my king's perch, and I dump the food on their expectant heads. They wag and I smile. I feel like a high and mighty man.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Never understood the Cat vs Dog owner argument. Both have their interesting qualities, basic mannerisms, and practical uses, both can be trained to be subservient, follow commands, and do tasks that many people think is the sole behavior of the other. Both can be ferociously protective of their family unit and sacrifice themselves in favor of it.

In terms of distinct behaviors, Dogs traditionally and more practically are better suited to work tasks of their owner (herding, hunting, tracking, pack animal, security, etc...), though I have seen some cats trained to certain work tasks as well.

I guess peoples positions are based more on "out of the box" behavior of them to which they traditionally conform to and I can understand why people may prefer either, though like I said, I never understood the absolutism of opposition between the two preferences.

Personally, I prefer both for various reasons and I find that together they form interesting bonds, positions, and behaviors that will work in conjunction of each other and only occurs when both are present.
Last edited by Xenich on April 11th, 2024, 13:12, edited 2 times in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Ordered a clicker for my cat. He will obey me or be destroyed.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I think cats are more like redditors. They tend to display sociopathic behaviors and are more malicious in their destructive tendencies. Heckin' puppers on the other hand are friendly normies, with the intention of pleasing their masters.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 11th, 2024, 16:41
I think cats are more like redditors. They tend to display sociopathic behaviors and are more malicious in their destructive tendencies. Heckin' puppers on the other hand are friendly normies, with the intention of pleasing their masters.
this is a comment a redditor would make on a forum where he knows people look down on redditors. go back.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Jenk is very obsessed with Reddit. He must spend a lot of time there
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 11th, 2024, 16:41
Ever seen a hyperactive breed who doesn't get enough attention/exercise and is left alone in a house for a period of time?
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

The dog is the animal version of Goyim (redundant point, I know).

Taken from their habitats and forced into a bleak existence under the control of another - they do whatever they are told, when they are told, even if sometimes begrudgingly. They eat slop (which may be made of bugs), and dance to their masters tune; all the while watching them feast on food they will never be able to have.

Truly, we are the Jews to the dog.
boot

Post by boot »

Dogs are cool if you take the effort to understand them.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

dogs are for men
cats are for women

simple as