We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Brave browser, the HQ browser of choice.

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Brave browser, the HQ browser of choice.

Post by rusty_shackleford »

https://developer.chrome.com/blog/extension-side-panel-launch/

It's a matter of time now, boys. I'm going to be fireshit free soon. :king:

Brave browser is best browser.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Never liked them. Screen estate is precious.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 30th, 2023, 07:14
https://developer.chrome.com/blog/exten ... el-launch/

It's a matter of time now, boys. I'm going to be fireshit free soon. :king:
If you want something done right ..
2factorauth

Post by 2factorauth »

Tried multiple times. It just doesnt work.
The problem is that actually horizontal tabs have more space... They resize into smaller tabs but verticals dont lol. So I actually can navigate more and easily horizontaly than vertically...
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Segata Sanshiro wrote: June 30th, 2023, 12:57
Widescreen monitors have plenty of free space at higher resolutions rarely ever actually used by websites.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Just found out Brave has vertical tabs builtin, it's very nice. I guess this is my default browser now.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 30th, 2023, 16:53
Widescreen monitors have plenty of free space at higher resolutions rarely ever actually used by websites.
I don't tend to use apps in full screen, exceptions barred. Web browsing is usually not one of them. I fill the screen with smaller windows from several different programs.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Brave runs great & has a lot of integrated features right out of the box. The adblocker even supports custom lists now with a bunch available, again, by default. Can also pick elements to block like ublock origin now.

Brave is officially the HQ browser, all praise Brendan Eich and our crypto overlords.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 30th, 2023, 17:26
Just found out Brave has vertical tabs builtin, it's very nice. I guess this is my default browser now.
Even Edge has had them for years, which is why I use Edge over Chrome
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Brave and Librewolf are the only internet browsers you should be using. Unless you're really autistic, then use Surf or a Gopher-compliant one.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Just learned about brave's tab groups, they work great with the vertical tab bar. Lets you easily group related tabs and collapse them. Just click on the group name and it collapses the entire group in the vertical bar.
Lutte
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lutte »

For good reasons, too. If you maximize a browser a well designed website should never make lines of text expand to the entire width, it's far more cumbersome to read than tighter wrapped text. The 72 characters per line figure of software development is right.

In a world of wide screens, toolbars/gui elements/menus should be on the sides, rather than taking vertical space which is precious real estate.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Lutte wrote: July 15th, 2023, 16:58
For good reasons, too. If you maximize a browser a well designed website should never make lines of text expand to the entire width, it's far more cumbersome to read than tighter wrapped text. The 72 characters per line figure of software development is right.

In a world of wide screens, toolbars/gui elements/menus should be on the sides, rather than taking vertical space which is precious real estate.
Maybe the website should fit the window I give it and if I want the window to be smaller I'll use the keystroke that does that.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

ive read brave is just reskinned chrome. which means its like same cancer but possibly more malicious.

generally all the "safety" shit ppl advertise (btw no pro security it guy would advise using those) like vpns, privacy browsers, privacy shitcoins, they are (mostly) fucking worthless and just add risk by painting target on your back.
intelligence agencies have limited resources and they will use them on those who behave like they have something to hide, its not fucking quantum mechanics.

brave seems shady af to me btw. they were running that shitcoin scam, paying ppl for advertising (actually they were not paying what they promised or whatever), all the red flags, but hey i havent reaserched it too deep so i dont really know.

i would avoid anything that spends money for advertisment tho, ergo the more they spend the more suspicious one shhould be how they get their money back.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I use vpns when I need mods from nexus, because my account still works, but my IP was banned for telling a modder he was a shithead.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Looks like the latest version of Brave added profiles for sandboxing. Hard to think of any features I'm missing at this point.
revenant

Post by revenant »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: June 30th, 2023, 17:31
I don't tend to use apps in full screen, exceptions barred. Web browsing is usually not one of them. I fill the screen with smaller windows from several different programs.
Tiling window managers FTW. Even with wide screen monitors, tiling a few windows side by side leaves your browser with less than an ideal amount of horizontal space left so vertical tabs are just retarded. Also tabbing is retarded in general, window management should be left to the window manager, anyone remember the good old days when browsers like uzbl worked?
junior

Post by junior »

brave search really went to shit past few months
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I used Brave for some time until it began having issues with sites like Youtube. Wait that was Opera. Carry on.
Rinso

Post by Rinso »

I use a mix of brave and vivaldi but the collapse of brave search really pissed me off. I've turned off duckduckgo so not sure which is a good browser these days. All i want is a browser thats lot of bloat and not tracked to hell and back, but that seems to be too much to ask.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Rinso wrote: September 16th, 2023, 05:47
I use a mix of brave and vivaldi but the collapse of brave search really pissed me off. I've turned off duckduckgo so not sure which is a good browser these days. All i want is a browser thats lot of bloat and not tracked to hell and back, but that seems to be too much to ask.
Ungoogled-chromium

Or librefoxwolf if you're into firefox
Last edited by Segata on September 16th, 2023, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Just disable brave search?
I see no reason to use any other browser, brave has way too much out of the box.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

If you aren't using Firefox or one of it's forks, you are contributing to giving Google a monopoly on web standards.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

GhostCow wrote: September 16th, 2023, 14:54
If you aren't using Firefox or one of it's forks, you are contributing to giving Google a monopoly on web standards.
Firefox exists because google gives it money.
Decline

Post by Decline »

rusty_shackleford wrote: September 16th, 2023, 15:36
GhostCow wrote: September 16th, 2023, 14:54
Firefox exists because google gives it money.
And you shill Brave because you want to get rich on the epic brave crypto. Not that I am faulting you. But ff + arkenfox.js is best.
Rinso

Post by Rinso »

Anyone got any thoughts on Vivaldi or Opera GX or the others?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Rinso wrote: September 17th, 2023, 00:37
Anyone got any thoughts on Vivaldi or Opera GX or the others?
all I know about opera gx is that they have some annoying libtard who runs their social media