We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Webcomics: Where Are They Now?

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Emphyrio

Webcomics: Where Are They Now?

Post by Emphyrio »

ITT we discuss all those webcomics we used to read, and what happened to them.

Goblins

The story still hasn't gotten anywhere. There are now even more snowflake characters with mutated, mutilated, multicolored bodies. The art style has remained... consistent. The creator recently posted this blog update:
Danielle And I Are No More
Posted May 29, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Danielle and I have been together for 20 amazing years, but we've come to realise that both of us have changed so much, that we can no longer give each what we need.

So after a lot of tears and long discussions, we decided a few months back, that we should end our relationship. We both love each other very much and we want the best for each other. There is no drama, no anger, no fighting, and there will be no court battles. As we work to carefully untangle our lives, we want to make sure that we both have what we need to be happy on our different paths.

Although this is scary and heartbreaking, we're both in relationships with other people and we're both doing very well emotionally. Both of us are going to be okay. We're looking toward the future with hope and excitement.

If you'd like to follow Danielle on Twitter, her account is https://twitter.com/HyperHalfling

Mine is https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins

- Elli
Last edited by Emphyrio on June 27th, 2023, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

SINFEST

The feminist arc is over. The chud arc has begun.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Danielle and I have been together for 20 amazing years, but we've come to realise that both of us have changed so much, that we can no longer give each what we need.

So after a lot of tears and long discussions, we decided a few months back, that we should end our relationship. We both love each other very much and we want the best for each other. There is no drama, no anger, no fighting, and there will be no court battles. As we work to carefully untangle our lives, we want to make sure that we both have what we need to be happy on our different paths.
rip
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

SATURDAY MORNING BREAKFAST CEREAL

From humble origins as a single-panel comic back in 2002...

SMBC has since grown into a behemoth...

The creator Zach Weinersmith, né Zach Weiner, married a person named Kelly Smith just so that he could change his name.

Weinersmith has illustrated a book by Jewish economist Bryan Caplan explaining why white countries shouldn't have borders. Soon he will release another book about colonizing Mars and why we shouldn't do it.

Surprisingly, it turns out Zach Weinersmith is Jewish?!?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Emphyrio wrote: June 27th, 2023, 14:06
Weinersmith has illustrated a book by Jewish economist Bryan Caplan explaining why white countries shouldn't have borders.
Strangely, very few of these economists live in India despite it having the #5 GDP in the world. None can ever seem to explain why they choose not to live there despite only caring about GDP.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

ERFWORLD

Erfworld is permanently cancelled due the "horrific death under horrifying circumstances" of the writer's adopted son "What basically happened is his stepson, who was suffering from some sort of mental development disorder, assaulted sexually an underage girl. He was then arrested for that and committed suicide.". The son, actor Thor Macht, was the model for the main character Parson. The comic was already doing poorly before that, as both of the artists quit, and the writer tried to support the comic with Erfcoin, a failed cryptomining scheme.

More explanation in this reddit post:
The cause of it all
The most those with access to the audio file explaining everything would say is that a series of horrible events (3 of them specifically) had befallen Rob and Linda's families. Some did independent sleuthing and uncovered the most likely explanation in the absence of a public one from the Balders. Linda's son, actor Thor Macht, had taken his life on October 1, 2019. Worse, it was discovered that he had been arrested in March on charges of "carnal knowledge of a child 13-14 years old" when he was 20.

There's also the matter of the obituary linked above (see the word 'son') and its apparent gymnastics. The full obituary includes calls to donate to RAINN and a reminder to "Never assume that there is only one victim." Following the RAINN solicitation is a solicitation to donate to the Autism Society, which has caused some consternation about how Rob seems to paint Thor as a potential victim of his victim, taken advantage of by the underage child because he was autistic.

4chan being 4chan, naturally there are all kinds of additional rumors that don't seem to have grounding but will proliferate in the absence of availability of the audio file. 4chan seems to be fixating on the I in RAINN, suggesting that the child in question was Thor's cousin, though others are calling that out as something that is completely not in evidence. Surprisingly, the 4chan response is a mix of the usual deplorable response you'd expect and people who understand that raping children is bad.

The closest I can find to what seems to be a gist of the audio file is this comment in the 4chan thread:

Bad thing 2 was Linda's son getting arrested and tried for carnal knowledge of a minor. Rob didn't want to talk about it because he though it would hurt his stepson's case.

Linda found her son dead, asphyxiated in his car around the time he was going to accept a plea deal and be on the sex offender's registry for 15 years. His death is bad thing 3.

Rob basically had a mental breakdown and recorded it while driving to virginia to be with Linda, ranting about how he spent so much time of this year in his chair publishing erfworld, being allergic to things and having dental issues on top of it. He really focused on "a couple dozen" haters (probably the subreddit members) and cursed them out.

Update
I was able to listen to the audio file, and the description above is fairly accurate though it also misses that Rob spends a good amount of time trying to say that the child involved lied about her age, that Thor was a virgin whose good nature and autism mean that he was the real victim. Honestly, hearing the audio doesn't change where I was here, and only makes me think that the best case scenario is that Balder is so distraught he can't see how he's trying to sanctify his step-son by victim blaming a child who was sexually assaulted. Thor was a professional actor who was capable of living on his own and getting along in society. Being on the autism spectrum does not mean he was mentally incapable of consent or anything like that. Frankly, by trying to play up Thor's autism as a defense, not only do I see Rob Balder blaming the victim, I see him also revealing his own hurtful attitudes rooted in stereotypes about neurodivergent individuals.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I used to have like 15 that I checked daily, but it's been so long that I don't remember the names of most of them. There was one I really liked about this teenager who was into racing that got turned into a girl and had to modify his pedals and such to adjust. I even interviewed the author for a website and I still can't remember the name. It had manga style art.

Some other good ones:
Megatokyo
RPG World
Sexy Losers (very degen hentai humor)
It's Walky

I'll post more if I remember them
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I used to be very into webcomics. Think I'll share a few occasionally. Many of them will be objectively pretty bad, but they all hold a special place in my heart.

Anyway, here's Elftor, the first webcomic I ever came across.

In #1 Elftor meets his sidekick, Cheesetor. Note: every panel is its own image because the author hates me.
► Show Spoiler
In #4 Elftor encounters Thom Yorke
► Show Spoiler
In #17 Elftor learns that he's Jewish and is sent to a concentration camp
► Show Spoiler
In #20 Elftor becomes a terrorist (posted 09/11/2001)
► Show Spoiler
In #28 Elftor learns about gun control
► Show Spoiler
In #30 Elftor becomes politically correct
► Show Spoiler
And that's all the Elftor I can handle for now, so let's finish off with a topical one - #99: Elftor goes to Israel
► Show Spoiler
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

B^U

wtf I can't bypass the five character minimum? what is the point of even being admin
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

[mod=Rusty]User was banned for this post.[/mod]
B^U‎‎ ‎ ‎
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 4th, 2024, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
Watser
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Watser »

!!!
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Order of the Stick is still going over twenty years in, with the author outed as a shitlib some ten years ago, around GamerGate. It was a funny comic in the beginning, but it became a drearily wordy mess some years into it.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

if you didn't read webcomics you aren't invited to post in my thread

bye
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

As a kid, I used to read Gone with the Blastwave a bunch.

The first comic sums up the gist of the series pretty well

Meanwhile over a decade later

still got it
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

LFG became a convoluted nightmare. And they nerfed Richard to bits.

Least I Could Do started as a fun thing about a degenerate piece of shit, but then took itself too seriously and started preaching about liberal stuff.

Don't bother with either, unless you're going to read the first few hundred issues, which are the good ones.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Irenaeus wrote: February 4th, 2024, 15:24
Order of the Stick is still going over twenty years in, with the author outed as a shitlib some ten years ago, around GamerGate. It was a funny comic in the beginning, but it became a drearily wordy mess some years into it.
it was always wordy. never understood the appeal tbh.
Nammu Archag wrote: February 4th, 2024, 17:03
As a kid, I used to read Gone with the Blastwave a bunch.
Oh yeah... this and A Lesson is Learned but The Damage Is Irreversible got me into making my own webcomic. All lost now...
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

GhostCow wrote: June 27th, 2023, 15:08
There was one I really liked about this teenager who was into racing that got turned into a girl and had to modify his pedals and such to adjust.
Misfile. I read it for a while in high school. There are no trannies in the comic if you don't count the magically sex-swapped protagonist, but every year the author put up a panel for 'Trans Day of Rememberance' and one year talked about how his dad trooned out and then died from a blood clot caused by his estrogen meds. Apparently that was stunning and brave.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

This my shitty webcomic from 2006 if anyone is interested. I used to get like 100k unique visits per month. Sadly it never got far due to lazy artists. It's also missing about half of the strips because I was bad at saving things back then. Basically all of the ones from the second guy who took over after my first artist quit are missing. It was about raising GG Allin from the dead to save punk rock and the consequences of that. It would have turned into a full shounen battle strip if the story had gone another year.

Last edited by GhostCow on February 4th, 2024, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I liked DM of the Rings. RIP Shamus even though you ended up with fucked up kids.
https://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612

Dungeon Crawl, Inc was pretty good. It was made using BG sprites. I don't know if it's even available anywhere any more, but the BG2 mod is:
https://www.pocketplane.net/dungeon-crawl/

I remember reading 8-Bit Theater sometimes, but I can't remember much of it:
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2001/03/02/ ... ing-where/
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

I used to read WoW webcomics back in the day. AFAIK DarkLegacy is the only one still going.

More DarkLegacy comics:
► Show Spoiler

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss on February 4th, 2024, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
jcd

Post by jcd »

The XKCD guy hasn't been funny since Hilary lost the election. During coronavirus, he only posted unhinged rants about how terrified he is of the coof and it clearly affected his mental health. He's been getting increasingly aggressive about his crazy american left wing views and inserting them into a lot of comics. He's now 40 and I think he doesn't have kids or any family, so he shifted his attention to niggers and their "rights" to kill the time.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I can't believe Dinosaur Comics is still running.
https://www.qwantz.com/
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Acrux wrote: February 4th, 2024, 19:16
I can't believe Dinosaur Comics is still running.
https://www.qwantz.com/
Newfriends don't know about alt-text
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

asf wrote: February 4th, 2024, 18:56
well those were terrible
it was a different time, a cringier time
Anon

Post by Anon »

Most webcomics are trooned out and fucking sucks. Goblins author especially is a disgusting scammer troon.

I enjoy browsing the badwebcomics wiki though, the guys are pretty good writers, have good humor and are on point with their criticism.

https://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Their forum have a section with webcomics they consider to not be bad if you'd like to look

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/badwebc ... omics-f68/
Last edited by Anon on April 5th, 2024, 17:55, edited 2 times in total.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

who is the flying pajeet supposed to be