We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Jagged Alliance 3.

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Acrux wrote: June 14th, 2023, 12:29
I know I'm likely to be disappointed, but I'm looking forward to this one.
Fear not, the game turned out to be VERY good. Played it for about an hour. Fun, not dumbed down, no PC preaching, just pure fun. A challenger has arrived for 2023 GOTY against KATK.

Anyway niggers, you should be discussing this instead of all the pozzed popamole garbage you usually care about.

THIS GAME IS GUD.
Last edited by Eyestabber on September 6th, 2023, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Finished my playthrough after 65 hours. Wish I could post a screenshot, but my game bugged out near the end. Would still recommend the game, tho. It's very much worthy of the JA name. It becomes a bit of a slog in the very late game, which is in line with JA 2. I'm hoping there will be an expansion, I could go for some more JA3. As for a second run, I think I'll wait for patches and more mods, especially QoL ones. The game grinds you down with stuff like having to click 3 times to scrap every item and inventory management being a pain in the ass. You're also not really incentivized to try new builds when everything but sniper and nades sucks donkey balls. All issues I found (aside from the broken ending, lol) are minor and can be solved with mods. What matters is the CORE of the game is High Quality and enjoyable. All of you should try this and KAKT, both games are excellent.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

About 60% done on my second playthrough. There's a surprisingly high amount of C&C in this game. Might make a modding guide for this, since I tried so many mods. QoL is the biggest issue, so if anyone wants to wait for more patches, that may be wise.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

How's the resource usage now? This game used so much RAM even at startup that I gave up.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Acrux wrote: August 12th, 2023, 17:21
How's the resource usage now? This game used so much RAM even at startup that I gave up.
Terrible. I don't know if the issue is ram, I read online about a VRAM leak issue. Whatever the case, you need to restart the game every few hours because the performance will tank. It's very weird, everything is running smoothly and then you click that one soldier that makes the fps drop to like 7. It's not soldier specific, the game seems to hate when that one guy moves into that one square. It doesn't help that saving in combat is pointless since the AI will take a turn when you load the game. Seriously, don't try to save/load mid fight, it will make your life much harder.

Did I mention the game is VERY GOOD and I'm 115 hours in DESPITE these issues?
Red7

Post by Red7 »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 14th, 2023, 20:10
The modern cliche of genius black man/woman goes back to 80s films, with stuff like Die Hard promoting it heavily. But rather than it being a man, it's now a woman because even male niggers are lower on the victim ladder.
its cause elevating negro female by jews will cause most damage to society.

also space nigger mightiest race in galaxy. not by hard work or technology or anything, they just happen to live on crystal core planet allowing them to grow tremendous telepathic and teleportation abilities. also they love to dance and dance is giving them even bigger energy boost. reported attempt to assassinate space nigger by jew hired merc ended up with bullet being teleported mid flight in front of sniper head.

when some space jews armada comes after space niggers they just make em destroy their own ships. they also helped to eliminate hostile alien fleets around mars which had human slave colonies run by nazis and reptilians.

correlation of space nigger and earth nigger tropes which has no common ancestor is another evidence of non local species/habitual connection that is only possible in non local system aka reality is digital simulation.

to anyone thinking im fucking joking here, your head gonna fucking spin in next 7-10 years.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Why should I trust an elf? Especially one whose face is tattooed.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Red7 wrote: August 13th, 2023, 10:51
its cause elevating negro female by jews will cause most damage to society.

also space nigger mightiest race in galaxy. not by hard work or technology or anything, they just happen to live on crystal core planet allowing them to grow tremendous telepathic and teleportation abilities. also they love to dance and dance is giving them even bigger energy boost. reported attempt to assassinate space nigger by jew hired merc ended up with bullet being teleported mid flight in front of sniper head.

when some space jews armada comes after space niggers they just make em destroy their own ships. they also helped to eliminate hostile alien fleets around mars which had human slave colonies run by nazis and reptilians.

correlation of space nigger and earth nigger tropes which has no common ancestor is another evidence of non local species/habitual connection that is only possible in non local system aka reality is digital simulation.

to anyone thinking im fucking joking here, your head gonna fucking spin in next 7-10 years.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

St Terry wasn't a coombrain.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

nah, he was cia scrambled asset it seems. possibly memory brain implant. possibly they killed him when memory implant started fading.

he would not look kindly on some nigerlicious soybrains here for sure tho.
i would post here "sexual tyrannosaurus" clip from predator but sad truth is most dinosaurs were faked by jews and never existed. trex skull was reptilian alien they glued together with some animal bones to sell retarded movies to goyslop.

maidenhaver wrote: August 13th, 2023, 11:45
Why should I trust an elf? Especially one whose face is tattooed.
u dont trust elf, or any vagina. u fuck it.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

@Red7 take your retardation somewhere else and stop shitting up the game's thread, you goddamn imbecile.

Now here are my tips to help you people avoid breaking your first campaign:
  • Leadership is KING and you should have it from the start. For whatever reason the devs decided to make LDR influence your move speed on the map and its impact is fucking HUGE. Up to 400% faster with maxed out LDR. People who complain online about being short on cash/finding the game too hard are, in most cases, just not moving fast enough. So you either make a high LDR IMP, hire Raider, or you're screwed.
  • You will receive a distress call from SOMEONE up north. A legion attack squad will spawn and will head to SOMEONE's location. If you intercept it the quest is no longer time sensitive. But if you do nothing and the squad reaches its destination, SOMEONE will die and that will have a big impact on your ending
  • Around half way into the game you will be summoned to the CAMP. DO NOT GO THERE UNTIL YOU ARE READY. Reinforce all your defenses and save up some money because the game will trigger a "crisis" that will result in much tougher enemies spawning and taking control of your mines and towns. If you've been using JHP ammo under the assumption that there will always be a weak point, well, too fucking bad. It's time to switch to AP.
  • The Teacher perk is GIGA busted and you should prioritize hiring people that have it. Because of the weird formulas used, someone on YT discovered MD (with like 9 LDR) is actually better than Kalyna at training militia.
  • If you're a special person that MUST go into melee for whatever reason, know this: Steroid and Grizzly are deceptively BAD at melee. The reason is that, despite their high STR, the game actually uses DEX to calculate melee CTH, so low DEX characters won't actually hit anything.
  • Mines are somewhat randomized and tied to towns, so when you start a new game you should look into all mines on the map and plan your route accordingly. The one exception is Diamond Red, which is guaranteed to be super rich and is not tied to any settlement. Mine income is adjusted by settlement loyalty, so after securing a mine you should do all the quests and clear out all the enemies near the attached town, in order to maximize profits
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Eyestabber wrote: August 14th, 2023, 13:04
@Red7 take your retardation somewhere else and stop shitting up the game's thread, you goddamn imbecile.
i mean sure, but it seems your IQ is even lower than my 165.

if im imbecile
that would meke u a fucking nigger level retarded

earth one, not space nigger btw.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Eyestabber wrote: August 12th, 2023, 22:35
Acrux wrote: August 12th, 2023, 17:21
Terrible. I don't know if the issue is ram, I read online about a VRAM leak issue. Whatever the case, you need to restart the game every few hours because the performance will tank. It's very weird, everything is running smoothly and then you click that one soldier that makes the fps drop to like 7. It's not soldier specific, the game seems to hate when that one guy moves into that one square. It doesn't help that saving in combat is pointless since the AI will take a turn when you load the game. Seriously, don't try to save/load mid fight, it will make your life much harder.

Did I mention the game is VERY GOOD and I'm 115 hours in DESPITE these issues?
Its playable on my steam deck but when I play on my laptop, I get 10 fps. Recommended settings are all high. Wonder what the issue is.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

stop schizo-posting in people's gaming threads, make a thread in off-topic if you want to schizo-post
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Red7 wrote: August 14th, 2023, 15:56
Eyestabber wrote: August 14th, 2023, 13:04
i mean sure, but it seems your IQ is even lower than my 165.

if im imbecile
that would meke u a fucking nigger level retarded

earth one, not space nigger btw.

LOOKOUT GUYS THIS MAN HAS AN IQ OF 165 AND CANNOT INTERACT NORMALLY WITH PEOPLE ONLINE. Shocking.

Jagged Alliance is one of those series that really is cursed. It started with the entry that nobody hardly talks about (1 does have Snake though) then it mostly stopped at 2 for years minus a bunch of shitty cash grab reboots, now we get this thing that at least looks like it tried. Some decent dudes say it is not total shit but might need some mods to sort some quirks out.

Business as usual.
POOPERSCOOPER

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I kind of want to play this game more now but I hear lots of the JA2 fan boys hate it and then some say it's pretty good. I tried it a bit and the only complaint I kind of had was the small map size but I only played like 30 minutes. Felt like Silent Storm 3.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Patch 1.1.0 Released – Modding Tools

Hello everyone,
In this patch we are releasing the first stage of our modding support (more details below). The second stage of the modding tools (map and campaign editors) is still in the works and will arrive in a later update.

We have added new popular request features like Active pause and Photo mode. Patch 1.1.0 also includes gameplay tweaks as well as many fixes to mechanics, quests and content.

Highlights

- Modding Tools – you can access the modding tools from the Main Menu -> Mod Manager -> Mod Editor button. This batch of modding tools allow you to modify the mechanics of the game, create new mercs, IMP characters, weapons, UI, localization and even voiceovers for new languages. You can import assets you have created via our Blender exporter. These include new character models, new weapons, and new game assets.

The documentation will automatically open when you enter the Mod Editor.

- Sample Mods – we have prepared a series of sample mods (available on Steam Workshop) to demonstrate our modding tools. These include:
a new AIM merc character with new voice lines
a new weapon (the M1A1 Thompson) using a new caliber the .45 ACP
a new operation – Scrounge (spend time looking for items)

There is additional information about the sample mods in the documentation.
- Photo Mode – found in the in-game menu. Photo mode offers free camera, a variety of sliders to tweak the picture, and options to hide or show the game UI.

- Active Pause – you can now pause time while exploring tactical maps in real time. This will allow you to better plan your actions and manage stealth approaches without worrying about quick reflexes. By default, tactical pause is set to the Spacebar key on the keyboard. (Community Suggestion)

NOTE: It is impossible to execute multiple attacks at the same time. Any attack will un-pause the game.

- Weapon Shipments – enemies can now send weapons shipments (similar to diamond shipments) that contain weapons, ammo, meds, and parts. Intercept them to gain some extra resources and items. (Community Suggestion).

- Satellite travel speed balancing – Changed the way Leadership affects travel time, resulting in Leadership having less of an impact (Community Suggestion)

- Better initiation of combat start – Reduced the dead time before a battle starts when a merc is detected and added additional notification about ongoing attacks
Gameplay
- Melee attacks AP cost with movement now present the correct AP action cost in the UI
- Fixed a case where mercs without Free Move (due to cumbersome equipment) were able to unlock doors for free using Free Move
- Fixed wrong AP calculations for melee attack related to stairs
- Fixed a number of issues with switching stances and sneaking while moving the mercs around the sector at the same time
- All mercs in a squad can be ordered to move together in real-time exploration by holding down Shift when issuing a move order (Community Suggestion)
- Mercs can now be ordered to walk instead of run while in real-time exploration by holding down Ctrl+Shift when issuing a move order (Community Suggestion)
- Exploding cars and similar objects now have a higher threshold to be set on fire (Community Suggestion)
- The “Explosive Kills” combat task now counts more types of explosions
- Fixed a problem with Refilling meds on some First Aid kits
- Decreased and limited Loyalty gains from trading diamonds
- Allowed combining of items between inventory and the loot containers/sector stash
- Changed how Overwatch interrupts work when affecting units that are leaving cover
- Revolvers now get reduced penalty when targeting body parts like handguns (Community suggestion)
- Hiring, firing, and mercs dying will now cause mercs to reevaluate their hiring conditions
- Weapon reliability effect on Condition is now applied properly when failing a modification
- Units can be interrupted while climbing stairs

UI

- Movement range is properly displayed when stance changes are involved
- Hovering over a timeline event will now show the sector it is related to (Community Suggestion)
- UI tweaks for timelines task rollovers
- Fixed an issue where the level up icons appear behind other icons when hovering over a squad in SatView
- Fixes to widescreen in the PDA
- Adjusted the volume of some UI sound effects
- Fixed squad management in tactical view displaying the wrong stat information sometimes Single valuable items no longer have the Cash stack option in inventory and only the Cash item option
- Sector arrival port selection will no longer appear for dismissed mercs
- Fixed the item combination popup showing the wrong required stat in some cases

Operations

- The Repair operations now allows adding items from all squads and the sector stash (Community Suggestion)
- Various fixes to Hospital Treatment activities
- Fixed an issue where the Treat Wounds operation icon disappears before the operation is finished
- Fixed an issue where the Repair items operation icon remains when the operation is interrupted due to lack of parts
- Fixed an issue where removing, adding, and changing Mercs performing an operation caused the operation icon to disappear from the timeline

Mercs & Perks

- Disabled retaliation perks for attacks made from stealth (Community Suggestion)
- Fixed Wolf’s talent not properly updating the duration of training activities
- the +15% crit chance in Vicky’s talent is now properly displayed in the Weapon Rollover
- The “Designer Explosives” and “Natural Healing” will add the produced items in the Sector Stash if the inventory is full. If the items are produced while traveling, the production will be postponed until arriving.
- Fixed an issue where starting combat with Fox firing two pistols sometimes ignored the “Striking Looks” talent
- Fixed an issue where using “Steroid Smash” resulted in Steroid falling through the floor or going through walls
- Fixed the “Claustrophobic” and “Zoophobic” perks where the Morale decrease persisted even after leaving the area (Community Suggestion)
- Fix for Flay's trophy acquired from killing Bonecrusher not stacking with his other trophies
Achievements
- Fixed an issue with tracking progress for the “Overwatchmen” achievement
- The “Hot Diamonds” achievement now also activates when you cash in the diamond shipment directly from the loot container
- “True Crit” achievement now unlocks as intended
- The “Martial Artiste” achievement no longer fails by throwing a knife
Quests (Spoilers)
- Fixed several sectors incorrectly remaining in conflict state
- Fixed an issue where auto-resolving would leave fake conflicts that caused some quests to not function properly
- Fixed several bugs with enemies not initiating conflicts correctly
- Fixed some issues with the ending cut scene not recognizing certain outcomes properly or playing two versions of the same event
- Fixed some cases in which the Middle of Nowhere quest could not be completed
- Fixed an issue with Faucheux escaping and then appearing again after the battle
- Fixed an issue where Heinrich's Golden Watch task can be completed without picking up the watch
- Destroyed interactables (such as the 12 chairs) will no longer show quest icons
- The Siege quest will update properly if you leave the area without talking to Biff
- Fixed some cases where the Beast did not leave the map and you could not talk to her
- Maman will say her intended dialogue lines when Mollie has been returned and when Chimurenga dies
- Fixed a bug that caused Chimurenga to get stuck if his squad is defeated with auto-resolve
- Fixed Fosse Noire mine not icon not changing when Chimurenga recaptures it
- Savegame fix for the remaining missing Chimurenga cases
- Fixed several notes in the Pierre quest line
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to talk to Pierre and free him while the guards are still present
- Fixed some quest items not dropping if their container is destroyed (12 chairs, Heinrich’s watch)
- Lalee won’t comment on Smiley if Smiley is already dead
- Various fixes to the Grimer Hamlet quest
- Fixed an issue that caused the prisoners in the The Good Place to be considered freed regardless of whether they are alive or not
- Various fixes to quest notes (Helping Ernie Village, Karen, Faith Healing, Bastien, Landsback)
- Fixed the Major's portrait missing in some banters
- Fix for an issue where Boss Blaubert was invulnerable during the fight with Smiley
- Minor changes in the Chalet De La Paix quest scripting
- Fixed an XP exploit in a conversation with Emma
- Fixed a case where Bella was considered killed when only her lovers were killed
-

General

- Tweaked the duration on screen of floating texts slightly to accommodate non-English languages
- Fixed being unable to deploy mercs when pressing the Free Aim shortcut
- Fixed losing a couple of minutes of merc contract time when renewing an expired contract
- Fixed a case where Auto-Resolve freezes the game
- Fixed cases of enemies teleporting when becoming suspicious
- Fixed an issue with not being able to issue movement orders after retreating
- Fixed an issue where multiple mercs would talk over each other when their contracts are over
- Changes to how emplacement machine gun firing cones are drawn
- Fixed unintentional camera movement after enemies reposition
- Fixed display issues when changing floors
- Fixed a black screen when skipping the Ernie Island cutscene

Co-op

- You can now ping positions on the map to your buddy by pressing Ctrl+Left mouse button (Community suggestion)
- Fixed several cases of co-op interruptions done by the other player
- Co-op Ready/Not Ready button will now change color
- Fix a case where a player is sometimes not able to open notes, browser or character screen in Sat View in co-op

Gamepad

- Significant changes to many gamepad controls
- Added an option to hide gamepad hints
- Changed the Combat log position
- It is now possible to change the stat filter in squad management with gamepad
- Fixed cases of virtual mouse cursor stuttering
- Fixed target cycling with gamepad
- D-pad can also be used when choosing an answer in conversations
- Fixed several issues with interactables being unusable with gamepad
- Fixed players being unable to choose arrival destinations of mercs with gamepad

Texts

- Updated Grunty’s bio to better reflect his perks
- Improved the message for merc salary increases
- Fixed interactions such as lockpicking/breaking a door incorrectly displaying the "Free Move" text
- Several tutorial hints now disappear properly
- Very Low mishap chance text added

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 1876890482

WOAH, this is exactly the kind of patch I was recommending you people to wait out on. A lot of mods I was using have (apparently) become obsolete now. This looks very promising.
Maggot

Post by Maggot »

Eyestabber wrote: August 8th, 2023, 22:21
Finished my playthrough after 65 hours. Wish I could post a screenshot, but my game bugged out near the end. Would still recommend the game, tho. It's very much worthy of the JA name. It becomes a bit of a slog in the very late game, which is in line with JA 2. I'm hoping there will be an expansion, I could go for some more JA3. As for a second run, I think I'll wait for patches and more mods, especially QoL ones. The game grinds you down with stuff like having to click 3 times to scrap every item and inventory management being a pain in the ass. You're also not really incentivized to try new builds when everything but sniper and nades sucks donkey balls. All issues I found (aside from the broken ending, lol) are minor and can be solved with mods. What matters is the CORE of the game is High Quality and enjoyable. All of you should try this and KAKT, both games are excellent.
I'll check this game out in the future with an open mind thanks to your glowing review.
Maggot

Post by Maggot »

Game is pretty good so far, the devs seem to have understood JA and have doubled down on the NPC and character interactions. A bit disappointed at how bland your IMP merc is so I'm rocking only AIM mercs and the combat has been very unlike nu-xcom despite the very early previews (the last time I looked at the game). Some minor complaints would be the lack of an energy system, no more AP saved from readying your weapon on subsequent shots, and no more Buzz. I do appreciate the existence of new mercs so it's not a constant retread.
Maggot

Post by Maggot »

Beat the game after 72 hours, pretty much everything @Eyestabber said lines up with how I feel, although I did find the minimi and lategame carbines to be worth taking since the minimi offers 2ap machine gun bursts and the carbines let you move and shoot 3 times to get good position. Mortars were disappointing since you can't use them with explosives in one turn which makes them useless against aggressive AI, and the game's overwatch system is inferior to JA1 and 2's style of interrupts since it rewards playing passively with overlapping overwatch cones since you can get more shots off that way than regular attacks. Stealth is also way too easy and any enemy not in a group is pretty much guaranteed to be one-hit by your designated sniper. Despite these complaints I had a lot of fun and hope they make an expansion with a new map to conquer similar to JA2: UB but less railroaded.
BENEFACTOR

Post by BENEFACTOR »

This is the best game in years. Really enjoyed it.
Last edited by BENEFACTOR on October 12th, 2023, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

BENEFACTOR wrote: October 12th, 2023, 17:54
What did you like about it?
BENEFACTOR

Post by BENEFACTOR »

Dead wrote: October 12th, 2023, 17:56
BENEFACTOR wrote: October 12th, 2023, 17:54
What did you like about it?

Maybe it was because it was simply better then I thought it would be. After playing JA flashback and back in action my expectations were as low as they could possibly be. JA3 isn't as good at JA2 but IMO the encounter and level design, the UI was ok(which was a huge issue I had with Flashback and Back in action). I did find the comedy and story to be silly at times. Again my enjoyment of the game may be relative to my extremely low expectations. Why did you dislike it?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Is performance better now than when it first released?
Maggot

Post by Maggot »

I built a new PC this year so I couldn't say, although I did notice some FPS drops in certain scenarios like the game calculating the overwatch cone on a rainy map full of enemies. Looking back at the update news I don't see any mentions of performance so no luck for toasterfags.
Rand

Post by Rand »

JA3 is okay.
It's not JA2 groundbreaking, but it's okay for what it is.
"Okay" for me means worth playing if you like that kind of game.

JA2 had tons of problems, it was just the first of it's kind to be decent.
JA3 is no worse. It's just not novel. But it can be relatively easily modded.

Can't speak to RAM because I have 32 gigs (got a steep sale on some decent but end-of-line stuff from before the (useless) RGB version dropped).
Last edited by Rand on October 13th, 2023, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I just got a new machine with 32 RAM, so now I might actually be able to play this.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Acrux wrote: October 14th, 2023, 22:37
I just got a new machine with 32 RAM, so now I might actually be able to play this.
32 whole rams?!
Try not to spend it all on one game.