We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I'm pretty sure DD2 is also running on the RE engine too which has had a really good track record when it comes to performance I thought. RE2 and DMCV ran good for me and I never heard any issues about RE7, 8 or the 4 remake.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Capcom survey if you want to tell them they suck: https://www.enqform.capcom.com/form/pub/form1/dd2_en2

There's a character limit on the 'Other' box for reasons you didn't buy the game, so it's difficult to list everything. I should have saved mine but I'll try to recreate it from memory:

"Body types" instead of sexes; forced diversity; poor performance; anti-consumer DRM; only one save allowed; no character editing; microtransactions; streamer pawns; slider locks on height and breast size.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

WhiteShark wrote: March 29th, 2024, 00:19
Capcom survey if you want to tell them they suck: https://www.enqform.capcom.com/form/pub/form1/dd2_en2

There's a character limit on the 'Other' box for reasons you didn't buy the game, so it's difficult to list everything. I should have saved mine but I'll try to recreate it from memory:

"Body types" instead of sexes; forced diversity; poor performance; anti-consumer DRM; only one save allowed; no character editing; microtransactions; streamer pawns; slider locks on height and breast size.
Filled it out, just copied your text into the field.
Here's the wallpaper they give for filling it out
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 29th, 2024, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 00:23

Filled it out, just copied your text into the field.
Here's the wallpaper they give for filling it out
>no White man in sight
grim
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

The cat people are pretty ugly, not sure why they bothered designing them when they clearly aren't trying to use sex appeal in their marketing
UnfairTradeCoffee

Post by UnfairTradeCoffee »

It's probably run by the very same people who pushed dragqueens and any dissatisfaction about ESG policies will be discarded and never be seen by Japanese higher ups.
Anon

Post by Anon »

UnfairTradeCoffee wrote: March 29th, 2024, 01:42

It's probably run by the very same people who pushed dragqueens and any dissatisfaction about ESG policies will be discarded and never be seen by Japanese higher ups.
Answering the survey doesn't even take a minute, so still worth the try I suppose.
Acrux wrote: March 29th, 2024, 01:05
Vergil wrote: March 29th, 2024, 00:26

>no White man in sight
grim
Welcome to the future
It's only the present. The future is unknown and up to us to change it (copium)
Last edited by Anon on March 29th, 2024, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

The worst case scenario is it causes some troon to have a mental episode
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 29th, 2024, 01:46

Answering the survey doesn't even take a minute, so still worth the try I suppose.
Vergil wrote: March 29th, 2024, 00:26

>no White man in sight
grim
Welcome to the future
People underestimate how far complaining can get you. So few people submit complaints or provide feedback that you end up individually having a lot of power, and as a group can make significant changes.
I've long believed one of the reason jews get so much done(among other reasons) is they're natural complainers.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 29th, 2024, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 02:31

Welcome to the future
People underestimate how far complaining can get you. So few people submit complaints or provide feedback that you end up individually having a lot of power, and as a group can make significant changes.
I've long believed one of the reason jews get so much done(among other reasons) is they're natural complainers.
The are SHAMELESS complainers. There is nothing natural about the jew
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

It's time to out-jew the jews and COMPLAIN about Dragon's Slopma 2 while we have the chance. Let's make it loud and clear to the Capcom japs and the Capcom U.S.A trannies that they aren't entitled to our money, and will eventually go bankrupt, as they were rumored to be back in 2013.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 02:31

Welcome to the future
Same for wokies btw.

And yeah I agree with you. Often companies do these extremely poor decisions due to limited and biased feedback. Normal people complaining might give the sane heads in there some room to push back against insanity and improve.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 29th, 2024, 01:52
The best case scenario is it causes some troon to 41%
fixed
Rand

Post by Rand »

Done. Complained about denuvo, single save for single profile, unoptimized, forced diversity, body type instead of male/female

krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 28th, 2024, 16:30
It's strange because Devil May Cry 5 seems to run extremely well, even on something like an RX 580, a mid-range GPU from 7 years ago. How it got to this extent is a mystery for the ages.
Vergil wrote: March 28th, 2024, 16:50
I'm pretty sure DD2 is also running on the RE engine too which has had a really good track record when it comes to performance I thought. RE2 and DMCV ran good for me and I never heard any issues about RE7, 8 or the 4 remake.

DMC5 and the RE games are linear hallways. RE engine wasn't made for open world which is what DD2 is doing
Last edited by krokodil on March 29th, 2024, 05:32, edited 1 time in total.
KnightoftheWind

krokodil wrote: March 29th, 2024, 05:31
KnightoftheWind wrote: March 28th, 2024, 16:30
It's strange because Devil May Cry 5 seems to run extremely well, even on something like an RX 580, a mid-range GPU from 7 years ago. How it got to this extent is a mystery for the ages.
Vergil wrote: March 28th, 2024, 16:50

DMC5 and the RE games are linear hallways. RE engine wasn't made for open world which is what DD2 is doing
Then Capcom needed to understand the engine's limitations, and overhaul the game design of Dragon's Dogma 2. They needed to play Gothic 2 and take influence from that game's open world. Make it smaller, but more dense, and include loading screens if need be so the engine isn't stressed to it's breaking point. It would've been far better received than what we're seeing now. At this rate most gamers would have to wait another generation or two of new GPUs before they can comfortably play this game at 1440p max settings. And by then it'd probably be 4 years later and the hype train would be LONG gone.

The most crucial timeframe for a AAA release is the first 2-4 weeks after launch. If a game falls flat during that timeframe, the game is considered a dud and those involved get reprimanded. I wouldn't be surprised if Itsuno ends up "soft-demoted" to a comfortable, yet ineffective position at Capcom. Which is what japs do to their senior staff, once they've outgrown their usefulness to the company. They rarely get fired, just get told to sit in a corner and stay quiet.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

An update for Dragon's Dogma 2 is out now on PS5 and Steam, with Xbox Series X|S to follow in the next few days. This update adds a new game option when existing save data exists, bug fixes, and more.
https://dragonsdogma.com/2/en-us/topics/update/
[PlayStation®5 / Steam]

Adding the option to start a new game when save data already exists.
Changing the number of "Art of Metamorphosis" items available at Pawn Guilds in the game to 99.
Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game.
Miscellaneous text display issues.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.
[PlayStation®5]

Adding the option* to switch Motion Blur on/off in Options.
Adding the option* to switch Ray Tracing on/off in Options.
Adding the option to set Frame Rate at Max 30fps in Options.
[Steam]

Improving quality when DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION is enabled.
Fixing an issue related to the display of models under some specific settings.
*These options won't affect frame rate significantly. Improvements to frame rate are planned for future updates.
Updates to Xbox Series X|S are planned in the next few days.
Rand

Post by Rand »

The_Mask wrote: March 29th, 2024, 05:44
Adding the option to set Frame Rate at Max 30fps in Options.
Fuck off and fix the shitty engine problem.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 29th, 2024, 05:38
Then Capcom needed to understand the engine's limitations, and overhaul the game design of Dragon's Dogma 2.
they did overhaul the engine. There are rumours going that the next mainline RE game will be open-world, because now RE engine can handle large open locations.
KnightoftheWind

wndrbr wrote: March 29th, 2024, 05:54
Then Capcom needed to understand the engine's limitations, and overhaul the game design of Dragon's Dogma 2.
they did overhaul the engine. There are rumours going that the next mainline RE game will be open-world, because now RE engine can handle large open locations.
I hope that rumor isn't true, because tthat sounds awful. Granted, RE has been dead to me since 7 and I haven't played a new release since the demake of RE3, but making it an open world series would bury it once and for all. But if this is how the RE Engine handles open locations, I have a feeling many others would agree.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

can't wait to see how many tranny blacks they can squeeze into their next game
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 29th, 2024, 05:58
wndrbr wrote: March 29th, 2024, 05:54

I hope that rumor isn't true, because tthat sounds awful. Granted, RE has been dead to me since 7 and I haven't played a new release since the demake of RE3, but making it an open world series would bury it once and for all. But if this is how the RE Engine handles open locations, I have a feeling many others would agree.
well RE is no longer a purely survival horror franchise, they have all sorts of spinoffs and stuffies. I can see an open-world RE game where you play as some BSAA soldier trying to survive and save people during the ongoing terrorist attack in an open city, or a STALKER-like game where you explore an area cordoned off by the military after the outbreak.
pokafox

Post by pokafox »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 23:26
btw, See: Helldivers 2. Probably the only game (fully released) worth mentioning so far this year.
It's a fun game, doesn't antagonize its potential customers, and without many technical issues.
Helldivers 2 has the exact same microtransaction system as DD2. And a battlepass.
Anon

Post by Anon »

pokafox wrote: March 29th, 2024, 10:22
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 24th, 2024, 23:26
btw, See: Helldivers 2. Probably the only game (fully released) worth mentioning so far this year.
It's a fun game, doesn't antagonize its potential customers, and without many technical issues.
Helldivers 2 has the exact same microtransaction system as DD2. And a battlepass.
Obnoxious monetization is a problem but not nearly as bad as DEI. And I say that as somebody who deeply hates microtransactions.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

nobody actually cares about monetization prior to lootboxes/gacha shit, that's where westerners drew the line
asians lap that shit up tho
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 29th, 2024, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

I'm not bothered about Helldivers MTs.
1: it's explicitly a live service game.
2: the devs are actively working on it and the funds drive development and server costs.
3: the MTs are mostly timesavers to open new battlepasses. But you can't buy the battlepass items: you have to play the game to get medals to get the items.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 29th, 2024, 15:01
nobody actually cares about monetization prior to lootboxes/gacha shit, that's where westerners drew the line
asians lap that shit up tho
This is not entirely true. Yeah the majority of westerners loathe that but the 10% that don't make it up for the other 90% so this shit is profitable even among western audience.

Among asians yeah this is unquestionable. Asians widely the idea of people being "wealthier and more successful" in real life and also flexing that position in games. They actually loathe having no microtransactions at all because for them inequality is something totally natural and acceptable and they don't like the idea of poorer people competing with them and playing "for free". Even the poorfags have this mindset, they prefer heavily grinding the game like a nolifer to dream of competing against a whale instead of defending a more equal monetization.

That's also why asian developers seem so much draconian against piracy and emulators even if it seems retarded and non-profitable.
Last edited by Anon on March 29th, 2024, 15:11, edited 3 times in total.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Take our Dragon's Dogma 2 survey and receive a digital wallpaper as a gift! We also plan to hold another survey in June related to game specific feedback, so stay tuned.

📝 http://bit.ly/DD2Survey1
I bet nobody really gives a shit to actually answer the survey, although you probably should because the questions are about the game and not about the marketing. But anyway, here are the wallpapers:

https://www.capcom-games.com/common/sur ... 0_1080.jpg
https://www.capcom-games.com/common/sur ... 0_1440.jpg
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The_Mask wrote: March 29th, 2024, 17:21

Take our Dragon's Dogma 2 survey and receive a digital wallpaper as a gift! We also plan to hold another survey in June related to game specific feedback, so stay tuned.

📝 http://bit.ly/DD2Survey1
I bet nobody really gives a shit to actually answer the survey, although you probably should because the questions are about the game and not about the marketing. But anyway, here are the wallpapers:

WhiteShark already provided the link to this and what to put in the 'Other' section for why you didn't buy it.