We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
BobT

Post by BobT »

NEG wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 04:18
I played it for nearly 2 hours and refunded due to gay microtransactions.

No, I'm not interested in paying to edit my character's appearance. No, I don't want to pay to fast travel or recruit higher-level pawns that some other player took the time to make anyway.

And no, I don't care that you can waste time in the game to "earn" the smaller amounts of the in-game currencies just to use features that should be standard anyway. Nor do I care that the first game had the same sort of greedy crap before it fell into the discount bin.
Behead all those who turn these single player games into live service bullshit experiences full of microtrannysactions and crap restrictions that should not be there.
Also I remember when "DLC" used to be full-on expansions, not a boatload of extra tat just designed to increase the total game price.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I wonder if the performance will be better after the inevitable patching and pirates removing denuvo from it. :Inspector:
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

https://steamcommunity.com/id/zarjul/re ... d/2054970/
Hey Capcom,

You can purchase a "good review DLC" for $1.99.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 2433556918
To Dragon's Dogma 2 players on Steam
To all Dragon's Dogma 2 players

We would like to update you on the status of the following items, about which we have received numerous comments from the community. To all those looking forward to this game, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Crashes and bug fixes
We are investigating/fixing critical problems such as crashes and freezing.
We will be addressing crashes and bug fixes starting from those with the highest priority in patches in the near future.

■The option of starting a new game
We are looking at adding a feature to the Steam version of the game that will allow players that are already playing to restart the game. We will announce more details as soon as we can.

Paid DLC
All the items listed below can be obtained in-game or as paid DLC items.
Art of Metamorphosis - Character Editor
Ambivalent Rift Incense - Change Pawn Inclinations
Portcrystal - Warp Location Marker
Wakestone - Restore the dead to life!
500 Rift Crystals / 1500 Rift Crystals / 2500 Rift Crystals - Points to Spend Beyond the Rift
Makeshift Gaol Key - Escape from gaol!
Harpysnare Smoke Beacons - Harpy Lure Item

Regarding Frame Rate
A large amount of CPU usage is allocated to each character and calculating the impact of their physical presence in various areas. In certain situations where numerous characters appear simultaneously, the CPU usage can be very high and may affect the frame rate. We are aware that in such situations, settings that reduce GPU load may currently have a limited effect; however, we are looking into ways to improve performance in the future.

The Dragon's Dogma 2 Team
UnfairTradeCoffee

Post by UnfairTradeCoffee »

Nooneatall wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 16:22
I'm going to refund this game. Too much diversity and the performance in the city is awful.
How bad was the diversity?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 17:54
I wonder if the performance will be better after the inevitable patching and pirates removing denuvo from it. :Inspector:
Nobody is cracking Denuvo except the FIFA autist and I don't think modern Denuvo cracking removes the process anyway
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

BobT wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 17:53
NEG wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 04:18
I played it for nearly 2 hours and refunded due to gay microtransactions.

No, I'm not interested in paying to edit my character's appearance. No, I don't want to pay to fast travel or recruit higher-level pawns that some other player took the time to make anyway.

And no, I don't care that you can waste time in the game to "earn" the smaller amounts of the in-game currencies just to use features that should be standard anyway. Nor do I care that the first game had the same sort of greedy crap before it fell into the discount bin.
Behead all those who turn these single player games into live service bullshit experiences full of microtrannysactions and crap restrictions that should not be there.
Also I remember when "DLC" used to be full-on expansions, not a boatload of extra tat just designed to increase the total game price.
DD Secondaries revealing themselves.

The DLC was like this in the first game https://dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki/Li ... le_Content

It's just that it was already bundled in the PC port.
Rand

Post by Rand »

All the "microtransactions" are whale bait for lazy rich morons.
Everything can be gotten in game. Most of them pretty easily.
Non-issue.

The real problems with this game are:
the online component getting in the way of local saves,
a single local save slot,
and nonexistent performance optimization on PC (but it's not running that much better on a console, TBH).
Rand

Post by Rand »

UnfairTradeCoffee wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 18:03
I'm going to refund this game. Too much diversity and the performance in the city is awful.
At least part of the main quest chain has you taking direction from one of the few black guys.
They stand out because they look out of place normally, and here's this dude as some important NPC for some probably stupid reason.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

game 12 years in the making:
woke shit up the wazoo,
microtransactions,
shit performance,
only 1 save slot(bruh),
added furfags to the game for no fuckin reason,
probs buggy as fuck as well,
all with a nice $108AUD price tag to tie it all together

glad i wasnt exactly holding my breath for it since i havent finished the first one yet

why can't games be good anymore
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 18:08
Vergil wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 17:54
Nobody is cracking Denuvo except the FIFA autist and I don't think modern Denuvo cracking removes the process anyway
You mean MKDEV? He's out from the scene as well, nobody is cracking denuvo nowadays.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Manny V wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 00:57
game 12 years in the making:
woke shit up the wazoo,
microtransactions,
shit performance,
only 1 save slot(bruh),
added furfags to the game for no fuckin reason,
probs buggy as fuck as well,
all with a nice $108AUD price tag to tie it all together

glad i wasnt exactly holding my breath for it since i havent finished the first one yet

why can't games be good anymore
I turned on dd:da and just played that instead
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Anon wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 01:01
You mean MKDEV? He's out from the scene as well, nobody is cracking denuvo nowadays.
It be over laddies... the west indies have fallen into davy jones locker...
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 10:03
Also, renting pawns is gay and I would much rather be able to customize my entire party like in Wildlands
You were able to make a full custom party in Dragon's Dogma Online (1 Arisen, 3 pawns), as well as have multiple games*. It was one of the many amazing things about that game I'll forever miss. If Capcom hadn't been too stubborn to localize it to the West, they never would have had to stop supporting it. The West would've eaten it up.

Edit: By games, I mean avatars.
Last edited by Envergence on March 23rd, 2024, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Vergil wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 01:08
Anon wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 01:01
It be over laddies... the west indies have fallen into davy jones locker...
The only plus side in this all is that denuvo is absurdly expensive so companies eventually drop it.

But yeah cracking scene is very shit now, and I can't blame them, cracking seems like an extremely ungrateful job. You crack shit and people don't donate and still demand for more.
Last edited by Anon on March 23rd, 2024, 01:13, edited 2 times in total.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

On the plus side they limited the minimum character height so pedophile weebs are malding
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Manny V wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 01:35
On the plus side they limited the minimum character height so pedophile weebs are malding
They can always go back to DD1 to romance the "14"-year-olds. :yuck:
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Rand wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:29
Non-issue.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Tiny characters could go into gobbo holes and were easier to throw around. It was a good feature.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 02:12
Tiny characters could go into gobbo holes and were easier to throw around. It was a good feature.
I mean to be fair, i would've made a chad dwarf character or pawn...

IF THE GAME WOULD LET ME MAKE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 02:11
Rand wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:29
Non-issue.
Ah yes you bought the game full price twice and are praising it's performance on two systems you are definitely putting a lot of hours into the game on both. What a completely normal non paid influencer thing to say. :Inspector:
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 15th, 2024, 21:44
The_Mask wrote: March 14th, 2024, 23:01
Ian McShane presenting Dragon's Dogma:

Not sure why but this game gives me a gut feeling that something with it is amiss
looks like my gut was correct sadly
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

It doesn't really matter by the time I get done fucking with the character creator and making a character I'm happy with the game will have been out for a couple of years with patches and denuvo removed. :goldfish:
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Stealing our jokes from steam reviews now are we?

-Humbaba
Anon

Post by Anon »

You are supposed to consoom, not ask questions
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

aweigh wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 01:16
MACK did *not* like it

Major developers are sticking with design philosophies that exist to make creating games easier but make worse worlds. e.g., when he complains about the rote placement of lifeless enemies that exist just to be killed rather than enemies that wander around in the world, perhaps doing various tasks according to their behaviors.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Wow wasn't expecting the middling response. Lots of performance issues. I've got a 3080ti but I'll just wait until denuvo is removed or a good repack hits. I like playing these types of games in ultrawide.
Mortmal

Post by Mortmal »

Rand wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:31
UnfairTradeCoffee wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 18:03
At least part of the main quest chain has you taking direction from one of the few black guys.
They stand out because they look out of place normally, and here's this dude as some important NPC for some probably stupid reason.
Stupid reason? No, it's the usual modern trope. The good guys are black: the quest-giver, a loyal and dignified knight; the magistrate you free later is an erudite and non-corrupt good man, also black. And the evil guys? Guess what? Guess? A middle-aged white man and a white woman. It's a Netflix-like trope, as usual.