We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
The_Mask

The Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread

Post by The_Mask »

Posting some of the promotional stuff here, in case we decide to move on with the news:

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

The RPG elements seem to be remaining as they were in the previous game:

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

What we got today at the CAPCOM show was pretty underwhelming, but the Dragon's Dogma 2 website has been updated with some new screenshots.
(personally I'm not sure if this is just a spinning tires doing nothing approach, or they're just being humble. If they're being humble, then that's something I haven't seen in a long time)

KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Yeah they pretty much showed nothing new with regards to this game, it feels like Itsuno's portion should've just been a part of the PlayStation Showcase a while back. No clue why they bothered.

The best announcement from this was the Ace Attorney 4-6 Collection. I was wondering when they'd finally get around to releasing something like that.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Yeah, I think the sentiment is universal on that one.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I wonder if it's just merely a one-iff scripted sequence, or something you can do systematically.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Well... they are claiming that the world will be much larger. It's hard to gauge.

The way the screenshot is pitched it does look like a 1-time scripted event. On the other hand, if they have any ambition, they might make it into a feature. And I say that because in these trailers and screenshots, I seem to recall one instance where a caster creates a bridge out of magic.

Hard to say.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I think the gays stole all the color, like the plot for The Blob the wii game, because everything is still so washed out. After 20 years, now?
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

So apparently they're saying pawns will have even better A.I.

KnightoftheWind

That should be a given. Pawns were the biggest problem in the original, especially when they wouldn't shut up.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

They should still keep the slow inclination shift, just for the lulz. You have this cool battlemage pawn, but after a while he starts acting like an idiot, runs around the place and tries to heal you.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

It seems that they're hinting that there will be more reactivity with the environment.

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Posting this one mostly for the picture.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is now available on @NVIDIAGFN! Set forth on your adventures using the power of the cloud, across nearly any device without having to worry about storage space or download times.

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

If any other game would do shit like this, I'd roll my eyes, but when it comes to Dragon's Dogma, I can't help to think it's endearing. And that's despite the fact that they missed an opportunity to show a griffin.

Different monsters inhabit the world of Dragon's Dogma 2. Be it Goblins or Griffins, always be ready for a fight!
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Now I need to play the first one.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

General Reign wrote: August 1st, 2023, 23:09
It's a very simple game. And right now, when everyone is trying to push an agenda, its simplicity might actually be its main selling point. Whatever you do, go in without expectations, and don't spoil yourself. The game does offer some fun unexpected stuff. Mostly mechanical.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

The_Mask wrote: August 1st, 2023, 23:19
It's a very simple game. And right now, when everyone is trying to push an agenda, its simplicity might actually be its main selling point.
In before they add trannies, drag queens, and sex with bears. You know it's going to happen. You can already look at Street Fighter 6 to see how Crapcom feels about putting woke shit in their games.
KnightoftheWind

Still no release date for this, which sucks. Probably going to be mid-late 2024 at the earliest, and that's without further delays.
ERYFKRAD

Post by ERYFKRAD »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 1st, 2023, 23:10
General Reign wrote: August 1st, 2023, 23:09
One of the most boring games I've ever played.
I'd thank you to give the expansion area a try and let me know if that changes your opinion.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

This is currently my most anticipated title in decades. This alone raises the chances of it being shit by 237%

I'm terribly sorry gentlemen, that's how it works.
ERYFKRAD

Post by ERYFKRAD »

Ratcatcher wrote: August 5th, 2023, 12:50
This is currently my most anticipated title in decades. This alone raises the chances of it being shit by 237%

I'm terribly sorry gentlemen, that's how it works.
Hang in there we'll make it
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Built with the RE Engine, Dragon's Dogma 2 presents a densely packed fantasy world that's roughly four times the size of the first game. Expect plenty to see and do in your adventures!

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Dragon's Dogma 2 joins the Capcom lineup at #TGS2023! Tune in to the TGS 2023 Capcom Online Program on 9/21, 7am PT as Director Hideaki Itsuno shares new gameplay and info.

KnightoftheWind

Exoprimal came and went like a wet fart and they're still promoting it?. Guess you have to save face for the poor suckers that already spent money on it.
It's why multiplayer-focused titles are a terrible investment all around. If the playerbase isn't there, your game dies.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

What was the last fun mp game? Vanilla TF2? Left4Dead? I haven't given a shit about mp in so long. I'd almost say I hate the entire concept now outside of MMOs
H-H-Holmes

Post by H-H-Holmes »

GhostCow wrote: August 31st, 2023, 21:49
What was the last fun mp game? Vanilla TF2? Left4Dead? I haven't given a shit about mp in so long. I'd almost say I hate the entire concept now outside of MMOs
MP games are another victim of console/casual gamers IMO. Also, what MMO are you playing? Are there actually any decent current ones?
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

H-H-Holmes wrote: August 31st, 2023, 22:11
GhostCow wrote: August 31st, 2023, 21:49
MP games are another victim of console/casual gamers IMO. Also, what MMO are you playing? Are there actually any decent current ones?
There are no good ones right now and the only one I have hope for is Monsters & Memories. I keep hearing the best currently running one is Guild Wars 2, but it's not the kind of MMO that I'm looking for and I have no desire to play a 12 year old MMO. If I'm going to play something old I'd rather play Project 1999, which I guess is technically the only good MMO that you can still log into.