We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

You say that, Rusty, but if you have 2 or 3 boys that want to play the game, but only 1 PC, the situation becomes very messy.

I can't even imagine a family with like 5 boys, or more.

Imagine being a market researcher for CAPCOM and *not* warning your boss of this? Hilarious.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 05:18
The line I draw is slightly before "if you die in the game it uninstalls from your computer", so I approve of only having 1 character and your choices at creation not being able to be altered.
But what if my dweeb ass little brother makes a character before I do and mom wont give me $2 to change it AND dad wont take me to gamestop to return it for a new copy?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The_Mask wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 05:24
You say that, Rusty, but if you have 2 or 3 boys that want to play the game, but only 1 PC, the situation becomes very messy.

Imagine being a market researcher for CAPCOM and *not* warning your boss of this? Hilarious.
rpgs are for men not boys
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I don't think Japanese living conditions allow for two or three children at this point. At least, not in the likes of Tokyo or any of the other major cities.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Dragon's Dogma 2 is the Boyhood of videogames. It took 12 years to make! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Peak clown world :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

Note for Dragon's Dogma 2:
The Advanced Pawn Search feature is currently experiencing some issues.
Other pawn search features, such as searching within the Rift and offline searches, are working properly.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and have a fix underway for the Advanced Search.
PayStation

Post by PayStation »

Greedy Capcom fucks are doing it again.

Monster Hunter World (2018) offers a $2.99 character edit voucher. Presumably, Capcom has data showing that a significant number of people purchase it, so they continue to do thit shit.

In Monster Hunter, they provide a one-time free edit, so you only have to pay for subsequent changes. Additionally, there have been special events offering free character edits.

They also employ a two-tiered edit system. Changing the sex of your character obviously requires a voucher, but alterations such as hairstyle, voice, and tattoos are always free.

As for Dragon's Dogma 2, I'm unsure whether it follows the same model or if it's worse.
pokafox

Post by pokafox »

Anon wrote: March 21st, 2024, 01:20
@pokafox hey mate we've been missing you, something happened? how's that pre-order going?
Got the Steelbook yesterday. Downloaded overnight. Woke up to the 35% Steam reviews. Facepalmed. Checked the old Discord real quick and it's a mix of people freaking out and people saying game is good and everything they sell can be obtained ingame.

What worries me is the performance and the Denuvo shit. My PCs are kinda dated by now. That's pretty much every new game on release nowadays though. Elden Ring ran awful on my rigs on release and it got better. BG3 still runs awful ...

Haven't played yet. Will let you know.
We been doing several Steam accounts + family sharing for years for that reason here. Steam even has built-in account switcher now.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 04:45
completely serious: microtransaction to change your character is better than it being free
If you don't edit your character throughout a single player game to reflect the passage of time via slightly longer hairstyles or to mark significant battles with scars/tattoos you are inferior to me.

Also, renting pawns is gay and I would much rather be able to customize my entire party like in Wildlands
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on March 22nd, 2024, 10:05, edited 2 times in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Apparently they've also nerfed ingame currency earnings to incentivise buying their microtranny currency.
And also, if their server goes down, you can't save your game, because of the cloud backup mentioned before.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 22nd, 2024, 11:37, edited 2 times in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

completely serious: microtransaction to change your character is better than it being free
Microtransactions in online multiplayer games is retarded already.

So defending microtransactions in a single player game would be what?
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Anon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 11:37
Microtransactions in online multiplayer games is retarded already.

So defending microtransactions in a single player game would be what?
I hope he's trolling us. :ugeek:
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

My brief review (I forgot where the review board is so I can start a thread):
It's the same as the first game, with a fresh coat of paint. It plays a little more smoothly than the first game. If you liked the first game, you will also enjoy this game.
I've never been one to care about graphics, fps, or any shit like that, so if you are big into that, you will probably be disappointed. I set everything to performance and didn't care too much about it. The game doesn't look good enough to punish my graphics card like this, so the team is not good at optimization.
I haven't seen any woke shit yet but I've only played a little bit. Most everyone has been a huwhite male or female, with females being mostly pawns.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Nooneatall wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 12:34
My brief review (I forgot where the review board is so I can start a thread):
Review Approval Area is here (subforum of General Video Games). We're looking for full-length reviews there, so if you flesh it out and format it properly, feel free to post there. Probably best if you wait until you finish the game or at least get significantly far into it, though.
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 22nd, 2024, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
jebacdrkac

Post by jebacdrkac »

are pawns still soulless down syndrome retards like in the first game?
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

jebacdrkac wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:11
are pawns still soulless down syndrome retards like in the first game?
They have a little bit more personality. I like them more than the first game. I'm sure their sayings will get old after awhile.
Mortmal

Post by Mortmal »

Boontaker wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 02:21
Who plans to post opinion within 24 hrs?
It's like that for me with Dragon's Dogma, just with a new coat of paint with the exact same previous issues, like pawn chat being ultra repetitive. I'm getting around 60fps at 4K (using a 4070s + 3600x CPU), and it's using 8 gigs of VRAM, by the way. In the overland and dungeons, the game looks gorgeous on high with ray tracing on. However, it drops to 30fps in the city. This isn't such a big deal as most of the time is spent outside. It's exactly the same gameplay as DD1 with a few innovations here and there, so far extremely easy, but exploration is good and it has exactly the DD feeling at least. Now it's mostly getting negative reviews because of the microtransactions, and that review bombing is well deserved. The choice to have only one save slot is catastrophic, as if you want to remake your pawn, you have to manually delete your save in the folder, which can cause issues online with your pawn. It also causes another huge issue for me: you simply can't launch it to let the kids play on another new game; it will just erase your save. Otherwise, I'm having fun with the game, but the performance issues will probably make it unplayable for most people.
Last edited by Mortmal on March 22nd, 2024, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

I was raising my eyebrow at this whole "only one save and you can't delete it because it's on the cloud" but then I saw that it's just tech illiterate zoomers getting filtered https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/drago ... lete-save/

Shill Hunter shilling of course. :)

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Roguey wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:29
I was raising my eyebrow at this whole "only one save and you can't delete it because it's on the cloud" but then I saw that it's just tech illiterate zoomers getting filtered https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/drago ... lete-save/

Shill Hunter shilling of course. :)

you really watching a review from someone who was put into the game?
Anon

Post by Anon »

What the fuck, it's even worse than I thought
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

"Here your 60 70 dorrar game gaijin, can I interest you in 40 dorrar micro translaction?"
"It come wiff radyboy vely bess price!"
Last edited by Vergil on March 22nd, 2024, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

I'm going to refund this game. Too much diversity and the performance in the city is awful.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Nooneatall wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 16:22
I'm going to refund this game. Too much diversity and the performance in the city is awful.
You said initially you didn't see much diversity. Where did it start to show up? How?
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Anon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 16:24
Nooneatall wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 16:22
You said initially you didn't see much diversity. Where did it start to show up? How?
As soon as you are almost at the first city, I was just a little 2 hours in.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Is this thumbnail really how this crayon shin-chan looking individual imagines himself?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Dead wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 16:26
Is this thumbnail really how this crayon shin-chan looking individual imagines himself?
It genuinely thinks it's a woman. There is no limit to it's delusions.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Dead wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 16:26
I hate that lisp soft voice troons do it makes my skin crawl and I want to throw up.