We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

RPGCodex has gone insane

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Fedora Master wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 17:51
I'm kinda sorry for being absent from here and posting on the Dex. It really is getting out of hand over there.
"I'm ready to settle down now, honey!" :tip hat:
Fedora Master
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Fedora Master »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 17:56
I'm kinda sorry for being absent from here and posting on the Dex. It really is getting out of hand over there.
"I'm ready to settle down now, honey!" :tip hat:
"I'm sure they'll calm down over there soon!"
Konjad

Post by Konjad »

Atlantico wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 17:55
Codex admins could have just prevented users from deleting posts without doing 2FA

For instance.
Allowing deletion or edits of old posts is a policy that bit the dex in the ass in the past, and it was a matter of time to repeat. Only this time it was worse, because instead of random JCD's gibberish there are broken threads and loss of information.

Although it's my fault for having the same password on multiple sites and one that wasn't long. I have no excuse for myself.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 16:38
if you lose your account here because you are retarded and reuse passwords
How the fuck else am I supposed to remember this shit?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Sweeper wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 18:37
https://keepassxc.org
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Konjad wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 18:34
Atlantico wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 17:55
Codex admins could have just prevented users from deleting posts without doing 2FA

For instance.
Allowing deletion or edits of old posts is a policy that bit the dex in the ass in the past, and it was a matter of time to repeat. Only this time it was worse, because instead of random JCD's gibberish there are broken threads and loss of information.

Although it's my fault for having the same password on multiple sites and one that wasn't long. I have no excuse for myself.
It's the fault of all these goddam websites that insist you create an account with them in the first place.
Priest

Post by Priest »

Get it tattooed on your brows. For all the cavemen who can't figure out technology they can just look up and at their protruding neanderthal foreheads.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 18:39
https://keepassxc.org
Nah, that shit sound gay af fam tbhq with you.
On a semi-related note to the thread topic, I want it to be publicly known that I was banned... twice, from the Codex before HQ was ever a thing.
I think I deserve some street cred for that, unlike all the refugees.
Priest wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 18:42
Get it tattooed on your brows. For all the cavemen who can't figure out technology they can just look up and at their protruding neanderthal foreheads.
I mean, that could work, however tattoos are extremely degenerate :mad:
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

I know this whole hacking story is a bit heinous but let's be honest, it would've been hilarious if Crispy or PedoMarine got hacked instead. I mean let's not kid ourselves here.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

if it wasnt for everything else i would just go along with it but with everything else i cant be bothered to do this additional minimum effort task. that it happened because of the most retarded, shit-filled thread on the site is the cherry on top. done posting on dex now.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

"Heh, I will redirect people to rpghq as an ironic punishment. I am a devious trickster figure :smug:"

"Hey wait a minute where is everyone going?"

-Dark "Idiot" Underlord, 2023.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Humbaba wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 18:57
"Heh, I will redirect people to rpghq as an ironic punishment. I am a devious trickster figure :smug:"

Dork Underpants is about as devious as a mad bull and as funny as a digital rectal exam.

I try avoid eye contact
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Humbaba wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 18:57

It's time to celebrate.

Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

I'm not going to do this for the reason that I'm being told I have to. Codex is obeying their orders and masking up like a bunch of cucks, when they should be saying no and forcing them to reverse this retarded decision. Codex is now self-selecting for bitches and cucks.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

Gunnar wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 21:45
I'm not going to do this for the reason that I'm being told I have to. Codex is obeying their orders and masking up like a bunch of cucks, when they should be saying no and forcing them to reverse this retarded decision. Codex is now self-selecting for bitches and cucks.
Codex is now self-selecting for bitches and cucks.
now
Wew lad.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

Anywho, we're up to 190 members.
EXPONENTIAL GROWTH
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

DarkUntermensch wants a forum safe for trannies in bibyeeo gayms to groom 12 year olds.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

2FA da fuck is this shit.

I was curious so I clicked around on my codex account. I didn't even see a spot to set up 2FA.

Nevermind. I found it, but no email comes through. *shrugs*

It's suppose to send an email to you with a code.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Ranselknulf wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 01:02
2FA da fuck is this shit.

I was curious so I clicked around on my codex account. I didn't even see a spot to set up 2FA.

Nevermind. I found it, but no email comes through. *shrugs*

It's suppose to send an email to you with a code.
Check your spam folder.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I can't log on Codex now so I won't.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

I only ever used 2sv, sms verification and 64 character passwords for important shit, like stuff connected to my bank account. If someone bothers to brute force my pass on some random website and wants to shitpost or w/e, have fun, I say.

Maybe it's more for the benefit of staff who have access to the codebase? Does codex store sensitive donator data or smt?
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

madbringer wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 02:20
I only ever used 2sv, sms verification and 64 character passwords for important shit, like stuff connected to my bank account. If someone bothers to brute force my pass on some random website and wants to shitpost or w/e, have fun, I say.

Maybe it's more for the benefit of staff who have access to the codebase? Does codex store sensitive donator data or smt?
They've been running the place for over 20 years and they're tired. Having to clean up after a hack is tiring, so they're going for an extreme option that will make that less likely to happen.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

There's this invention called "a pencil". Check this out, you kind of hold this thing in a hand, like a knife, and you press your hand firmly to a sheet of paper, and you make these ritualistic motions, which create symbols. It's sorcery but it works.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Roguey wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 02:25
and they're tired
To be fair, not everyone is capable of being awake days at a time like I am.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

The_Mask wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 17:14
rusty_shackleford wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 17:11
I want to make it clear that I fully encourage shilling of the HQ wherever possible
I tried to bring people like Delterius and Abu Antar here, or Deuce Traveller. I can't force them to do anything. But what I *can* do, is make this place more appealing.

Which I am. If it wasn't obvious.
You're doing a yeoman's work, God bless you.

Delterius would spend a couple weeks arguing and getting pissed because he's an elitist progressive and believes whole-heartedly in horseshoe theory. Having to deal with our userbase in game threads would drive him insane. He'd be gone within a month, this place just isn't for him.

Deuce Traveller would probably be a similar casualty, although in his case I think he genuinely just wants to completely ignore politics when talking about games.

Abu Antar might be able to hang though. It sure would be nice if he was posting here.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Use a password manager
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

They've been running the place for over 20 years and they're tired. Having to clean up after a hack is tiring, so they're going for an extreme option that will make that less likely to happen.
Taluntain is a moron and he's running more than one forum, the 2FA is his idea
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Atlantico wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 14:25

They pushed the one competent person out, Saint Proverbious. And replaced him with a fucking tranny.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

madbringer wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 14:29
Atlantico wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 14:25

They pushed the one competent person out, Saint Proverbious. And replaced him with a fucking tranny.
Many such cases