We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Dragon's Dogma 2 - 1st Trailer Released

HQ-related news you should probably read.
The_Mask

Dragon's Dogma 2 - 1st Trailer Released

Post by The_Mask »

Hello everyone,

After the director of the first instalment of the now Dragon's Dogma series, Hideaki Itsuno was accused of making a good game, and when asked if he would be interested in pursuing a sequel, he said yes.

On the 16th of June, last year we, finally, got confirmation that indeed Mr. Hideaki Itsuno was back, and working on Dragon's Dogma 2.

And, finally, today we got a first trailer! Here it is!

I hope everyone enjoyed that as much as I did.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Looks like an off-brand Witcher 3
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

It's been a long decade friends, I just hope it was worth the wait. A Nigger being in the trailer is never a good sign...
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

The orginal game was pretty good as far as gameplay. Everything else suffered from blandness to the point where it was noticeable and off-putting.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

The forest with the golems and the little witch was great, on one hand. But on the other hand, it was clearly stolen, or *ahem* borrowed, from Berserk. I hope they've learned from a decade ago.
Last edited by The_Mask on May 24th, 2023, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
KnightoftheWind

Klerik wrote: May 24th, 2023, 21:52
The orginal game was pretty good as far as gameplay. Everything else suffered from blandness to the point where it was noticeable and off-putting.
The original game suffered because of the hardware it was made for, the PS3/Xbox 360. There is a lot of empty space that probably would've been filled out with more interesting stuff if it was given a bit more time in the oven, and released on the PS4/Xbox One as the baseline.

Now with the benefit of hindsight and more powerful hardware, I think this has a 'chance' at being a far superior sequel.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

It suffered due to the fact that nothing about the world actually motivated you to explore it because one:

You have a boss battle in the first 5 minutes of the fucking game.

and two

The story was duller than my frontal lobe creases after 20 years of drug abuse.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Found Dragon's Dogma to be incredibly boring & repetitive after ~10 hours. See monster, climb on monster, kill, repeat.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

The class system was dumb in the original. Why have advanced classes that I have to wait for? Especially when one of the basic classes is better than the advanced version?
KnightoftheWind

Imagine hating Dragon's Dogma yet placing games like Daggerfall on a pedestal. Some of you guys have really shit taste in games.
KnightoftheWind

I'm glad it's the same voice actor from the original, unless my ears deceive me. He absolutely made the Dragon a memorable foe.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I've managed to paste some more images from their site. 1st one is The Arisen. 2nd one are some Pawn samples.

GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I can't wait to make some sexy pawns. Hopefully there will be a class I actually like this time.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Why is it so uh- Americanized?
KnightoftheWind

Dead wrote: May 25th, 2023, 02:50
It's an unfortunate trend of recent Capcom titles using the RE Engine, because it's so photorealistic and characters are intended to have European features, it gives off a very western look. As opposed to what used to be the norm, with Japanese artists 'attempting' to depict European features via hand sculpting. Ending up with a more unique look.

This is why the race towards realism is detrimental to gaming, not only because it's very creatively limiting, but because it's uncanny.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Looks suspiciously similar to the first game, almost as if it's a remake and not a sequel. The only new additions are... cat people? And one boss from DD Online.

Itsuno probably blew his creative load on the first game, so this one is going to be the same thing, but with restored cut content and some new monsters/classes.
SDG

Post by SDG »

Because normal people who are not mentally ill perverts hate anime.

Omg these posts. Get to work on a "retarded" button @rusty_shackleford .
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Actually, one of the best things about this forum is that if you disagree with someone's opinion, you have to post it, and argue it. The absolute pits when it comes to other forums is that you can just press a button, and move on.
KnightoftheWind

SDG wrote: May 25th, 2023, 04:55

Yes only 'normal people' would have a Jewess's ugly mug as their avatar.
SDG

Post by SDG »

KnightoftheWind wrote: May 25th, 2023, 05:47

Yes only 'normal people' would have a Jewess's ugly mug as their avatar.
Indeed, normal people are attracted to other real people and not fugly ass jap cartoons. No fucking shit.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

I didn't say anything about anime.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

It seems that the story will be largely the same.

GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I hope they give warriors a double jump or something to deal with fliers.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I guess(?). I was fine with some classes having some weaknesses.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Warriors were already weak in that they only get 3 skills vs the 6 everyone else gets.
KnightoftheWind

The_Mask wrote: May 25th, 2023, 21:22
It seems that the story will be largely the same.

Good, stories never mattered in RPGs. Prove me wrong.

When people look back on their favorite RPGs, the main campaign is rarely a hallmark of their experience. It's always the sidequests, the characters, and the worldbuilding that engrossed them. When you boil down most of these games to their core, their stories are very simple. I think the success of Skyrim created some bizarre meme where RPG storylines had to be some Christopher Nolan, arthouse affair that must be deep and thought-provoking, or else they aren't "real RPGs". I guess these autists forgot they're playing as a tiny wood elf with a bow.

The story of the original Dragon's Dogma was enticing enough for me to play from start to finish, not only did I want to find out how my character's dilemma would be resolved, but it was the perfect excuse to interact with a ton of larger-than-life characters in a decently interesting world. Typical of old Capcom.