LotR: Gollum. Entire game leaked on YouTube.

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

LotR: Gollum. Entire game leaked on YouTube.

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The entirety of the upcoming Gollum game was posted to YouTube, taken down already. Looks really bad.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

My brain just froze in shock, and all I can do is laugh at this. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

It's sad because The Lord of the Rings deserves a proper video game adaptation. Imagine a trilogy of action-adventure games that cover all three books, with a stylized aesthetic and a unique interpretation of Middle Earth.

I know everybody thinks of Peter Jackson's version, and rightfully so because the movies are incredible, but there is so much more that can be done if it were in the hands of a talented team of white men. Instead we get games like this. One that nobody ever asked for, and rushed to market without a care in the world. When I think of a "Gollum" game, I imagine something dark and tragic, with a focus on stealth gameplay as you journey from place to place. That's what I imagined when this game was announced, and it didn't even come close.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

rusty_cucklefart was right, LotR: The Third Age rpg for the ps2 was good. Its a jrpg spanning the trilogy. Even the LotR movie games were good, I know somebody else played the shit out of that Diablo LotR game on GBA.
Fedora Master
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Fedora Master »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 03:55
It's sad because The Lord of the Rings deserves a proper video game adaptation.
But not with Gollum. He's not a character you can make the focus of a game. It's simply not gonna work and that fact should have been obvious to everyone involved. Besides, the devs clearly wanted to tell a story around Gollum, not about him.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Yeah, they cuck Gollum in the story. He meets girl Gollum in jail, rescues her, and then she marries the elf king of the woods.