What games should I record?

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

What games should I record?

Post by Tweed »

@rusty_shackleford said I should make a thread asking for suggestions for junk to record for a new channel. The YooToob experts say it's a good idea to open a new channel with five videos, all somewhat different in content so people have junk to sift through. I got two video ideas already and I need three more. They should really be the kind of crap that actually gets views and not some weird niche that only five people on the internet care about because I need to rope people in first before I start showing them crap like Fate: Gates of Dawn and Gayblade.

And I'm not playing Fallout, I don't feel like playing anymore Fallout right now.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

You can't go wrong with a classic like Ultima 1.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Play a good game.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

What games are you interested in playing? We can help narrow from a list.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I would watch some videos on the Ultima Games since I was probably too young for them being born in 84. I can't think of any other reason I never played them. I'd also watch a video on Castle of the Winds since that's one of my earliest gaming memories and I had no idea what I was doing with the game as a primary school kid.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Games that aren't too popular or too niche(except for the first title)
  • Swords of Xeen, the unofficial Worlds of Xeen-like game that came packaged with it.
  • Divinity 2. Great game, one of the few RPGs with humor that's funny. Incredibly underrated. Unsure if you'd get a bonus or negative exposure due to the similarity of its title to DOS2. Expansion is even better.
  • Drakensang: The River of Time. Decent NWN clone using DSA rules. Sorta continues the story of the first game, but the first game is incredibly boring. You'll probably want to use cheat engine for speedhack.
  • Anachronox. Largely forgotten now, western JRPG heavily inspired by FF7.
  • Technomancer. Went under most people's radar, it's a Bioware-style RPG set on Mars. If you can stomach the backtracking it's great. Will never get a sequel despite ending on a cliffhanger due to licensing issues. Actually a prequel and sequel to Mars: War Logs which is mega-jank and very short, probably worth including that too if you review this due to just how short it is and the fact it takes place during the middle of this game, which isn't common.
  • Outcast. This game has two versions, 1.1 and Second Contact. I've been told Second Contact is an incredibly faithful remake, but haven't played it. 1.1 is the original game(it actually runs in the background) with a new renderer plopped on top. This is getting a sequel in the not too far future, so maybe release the video prior to that releasing.
  • Divine Divinity. Again, old Larian games are probably a goldmine due to them blowing up in popularity after being unknown for years. It's basically Diablo if Diablo was an RPG.
  • Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. I suspect very few played this and is probably a decent pick for video potential.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 21st, 2023, 14:01
Games that aren't too popular or too niche(except for the first title)
  • Swords of Xeen, the unofficial Worlds of Xeen-like game that came packaged with it.
  • Divinity 2. Great game, one of the few RPGs with humor that's funny. Incredibly underrated. Unsure if you'd get a bonus or negative exposure due to the similarity of its title to DOS2. Expansion is even better.
  • Drakensang: The River of Time. Decent NWN clone using DSA rules. Sorta continues the story of the first game, but the first game is incredibly boring. You'll probably want to use cheat engine for speedhack.
  • Anachronox. Largely forgotten now, western JRPG heavily inspired by FF7.
  • Technomancer. Went under most people's radar, it's a Bioware-style RPG set on Mars. If you can stomach the backtracking it's great. Will never get a sequel despite ending on a cliffhanger due to licensing issues. Actually a prequel and sequel to Mars: War Logs which is mega-jank and very short, probably worth including that too if you review this due to just how short it is and the fact it takes place during the middle of this game, which isn't common.
  • Outcast. This game has two versions, 1.1 and Second Contact. I've been told Second Contact is an incredibly faithful remake, but haven't played it. 1.1 is the original game(it actually runs in the background) with a new renderer plopped on top. This is getting a sequel in the not too far future, so maybe release the video prior to that releasing.
  • Divine Divinity. Again, old Larian games are probably a goldmine due to them blowing up in popularity after being unknown for years. It's basically Diablo if Diablo was an RPG.
  • Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. I suspect very few played this and is probably a decent pick for video potential.
This list needs Troubleshooter on it. Everyone should always shill Troubleshooter at every opportunity.
Last edited by GhostCow on May 21st, 2023, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

GhostCow wrote: May 21st, 2023, 14:11
This list needs Troubleshooter on it
I tried it but it was too silly for me and therefore can't recommend anyone be tortured with watching a video on it. Sorry, I can't into animango.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

It's KOREAN you chud, stop erasing gooks!!!
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

You should record text-based RPGs. It's time to put an end to the TYRANNY of graphics!. Ultima, Fallout, Baldur's Gate?. Bush league tripe.
J1M

Post by J1M »

I couldn't play Nier Automata. Gameplay felt too shallow. But I appreciated what they did by watching a YouTube video about it. Perhaps that "why it matters" model is one you could follow.

Alternatively, playing through a game with self-imposed restrictions to highlight the game systems. I enjoyed a Deus Ex playthrough where the person avoided using anything that went into the inventory.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Nemesis wrote: May 21st, 2023, 13:16
What games are you interested in playing? We can help narrow from a list.
Mostly rpgs with a bent for obscurity, but right now it needs to be at least something marketable in some way. Need dem views. Not that I'm against covering other things.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Whatever you do, upload on Rumble, and every alternative platform. And when you have enough viewers to make $10/mo, upload on Twitter as well. Don't rely on YT. That's my advice.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Explore some lesser known slavjank rpgs and tactic games. Stuff like Paradise Cracked, Power of Law, 7.62, Brigade E5, Silent Storm, etc.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

The_Mask wrote: May 21st, 2023, 16:05
Whatever you do, upload on Rumble, and every alternative platform. And when you have enough viewers to make $10/mo, upload on Twitter as well. Don't rely on YT. That's my advice.
How will I know when I have enough to make 10 a month?
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

When it's only one person streaming games it's usually boring to watch. With two, it becomes a podcast with games in the background, which is more entertaining.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Gastrick wrote: May 21st, 2023, 17:22
When it's only one person streaming games it's usually boring to watch. With two, it becomes a podcast with games in the background, which is more entertaining.
I believe OP is doing long-form commentary style videos, however he did not specify in his post.
@Tweed
SDG

Post by SDG »

Tweed wrote: May 21st, 2023, 15:52

Mostly rpgs with a bent for obscurity, but right now it needs to be at least something marketable in some way. Need dem views. Not that I'm against covering other things.
Getting views is easy. I made a video of me plunging my toilet that got over a hundred. Don't think too hard.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Become a VTuber and stream Genshin Impact. And do a "face reveal" thumbnail with soyface for good measure.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

SDG wrote: May 21st, 2023, 23:59

Getting views is easy. I made a video of me plunging my toilet that got over a hundred. Don't think too hard.
That's not a lot of views. I need big time numbers, I need to blow up.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Tweed wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 02:32
SDG wrote: May 21st, 2023, 23:59

That's not a lot of views. I need big time numbers, I need to blow up.
I hate to say it, but if you want to rope in normies, and not dedicated but niche nerds, you'll probably have to do a vid about Undertale, or some other bizarre cultural phenonenon that for whatever reason, captured a wide audience. Undertale is just an example, not sure what the next big thing is as far as degenerates and weirdos that post drawings of anthromorphic goats on deviantart and tumblr is.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

A long time ago in a channel far away I had footage of when I played Undertale (was a gift, shutup), but every time I started trying to work on it I felt cringe as fuck. Then the external drive I had all the footage on lost its header and took that and my PoE footage with it. Perhaps it was an omen.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Fair enough, but if you want views, you have to harness the cringe. Become cringe.