We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Lutheran thread (also protestantlols)

Surely this will be a civilized forum
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:09
maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:07
@MadPreacher you're 53?
waaaaah you misaged me! I've been oppressed!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Roanoke colony was the first English colony in the americas, and its governor's body lays in a catholic cemetery.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:16
MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:09
maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:07
@MadPreacher you're 53?
You're what exactly? The byproduct of a botched abortion and missing 90% of your brain?

I mock you because I can and you have shown not one once of respect towards me. You get what you give you cumstain on your whore mother's mattress.
I suck daddy's and mommy's cock then slurp their cum like its no tomorrow.
You really have to stop confessing like that.
rusty_shackleford wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:17
Roanoke colony was the first English colony in the americas, and its governor's body lays in a catholic cemetery.
We don't count failed colonies, but if you insist Roanoke was in Virginia. Thus, Virginia is still the first colony.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:10
Klerik wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:01
maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 07:51
[ like klerik is supposed to be the cool kid who posts vids with <10k views.

I am very uncool brah. Modern culture is just so shitty my nu-metal mindset is still better.

Also, when I read your posts my mind automatically pictures someone talking while stuffing their mouth with a ham-sandwhich.
No, you're too ironic to not be trying.
Well im not a hippie but im not a preppy either. I'm a pretty liberal conservative guy. It's all interesting and im curious.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:24
We don't count failed colonies,
Because it's inconvenient?
"Failed" colonies provide the basis for successful ones. If they never sent back supplies in 1586 introducing snuff, corn, and potatoes to England for the first time the Virginia company may have been delayed or never happened at all due to lack of interest.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:29
"Failed" colonies provide the basis for successful ones. If they never sent back supplies in 1586 introducing snuff, corn, and potatoes to England for the first time the Virginia company may have been delayed or never happened at all due to lack of interest.
No, because it failed. The colony ceased to exist due to the poor location chosen on top of the other reasons.

Virginia Colony that was established in 1609 was built from the mistakes learned from Roanoke. Roanoke failed partially because the crown prohibited resupply due to their war with Spain. That is why King James II put in clauses into the charter that the colony was on their own for all resupply, defense, etc.. unlike what was arranged for with Roanoke.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:34
rusty_shackleford wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:29
No, because it failed. The colony ceased to exist due to the poor location chosen on top of the other reasons.

Virginia Colony that was established in 1609 was built from the mistakes learned from Roanoke. Roanoke failed partially because the crown prohibited resupply due to their war with Spain. That is why King James II put in clauses into the charter that the colony was on their own for all resupply, defense, etc.. unlike what was arranged for with Roanoke.
But it was an English colony.
And, the governor at least, was Catholic.

Therefore, Virginia is rightful Catholic territory.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:36

Nope, it's Virginia's territory and under the Constitution there is no state church. Thus, the Whore of Babylon lacks any claim to the land since it wasn't part of the expedition.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:47

Nope, it's Virginia's territory and under the Constitution there is no state church. Thus, the Whore of Babylon lacks any claim to the land since it wasn't part of the expedition.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

The Catholics purged the Templars, the true followers of the teachings from Christos brought from the Aryan east and they have been moving around battling the Roman Empire since.

The rest of you are just victim of the oldest psyop in the world.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:49
MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:47

Yes, you are coping with the fact that the Whore of Babylon has no power in the United States and Roanoke was never a Catholic colony. It's a dead one and you can't handle the fact that it took protestants to make Virginia succeed. Why did the Catholic whores fail with their colony? Because they're a bunch of pedophiles that have their heads up their asses.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 08:54
has no power in the United States
Strange, seems to me like there are a bunch of catholics on the SCOTUS defending the constitution from kikes and protestants.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

guys, guys, we should all take pictures of our action figures before we bang them together
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Here's a question, which of you had to actually choose their faith on their own instead of mimic it from your genepool?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

*protestants have majority of the court since forever*
*make abortion legal*
*make gay marriage legal*
*ban guns*

*catholics get the court for 5 minutes*
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Klerik wrote: May 21st, 2023, 09:11
Here's a question, which of you had to actually choose their faith on their own instead of mimic it from your genepool?
I think that nearly everyone in the West is "finding myself" these days instead of just practicing the perfectly suitable religion we were given. Since they're all bullshit, any one of them will work, we just have to pick one that works in our time and place. What's important for religion isn't belief, but participating in the rituals everyone else is doing, so we don't grow up thinking we're not like all the other girls.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 21st, 2023, 09:02
Strange, seems to me like there are a bunch of catholics on the SCOTUS defending the constitution from kikes and protestants.
It's interesting that you have to cut my statement out of context then argue against it. As such your statement is disregarded. Try again sunshine.
maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:06
What's important for religion isn't belief, but participating in the rituals everyone else is doing
Hmm Jesus says your wrong.

Matthew 23:1-12

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Opppss there goes that entire ritual thing.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:12
rusty_shackleford wrote: May 21st, 2023, 09:02
It's interesting that you have to cut my statement out of context then argue against it. As such your statement is disregarded. Try again sunshine.
maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:06
What's important for religion isn't belief, but participating in the rituals everyone else is doing
Hmm Jesus says your wrong.

Matthew 23:1-12

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Opppss there goes that entire ritual thing.
To add context, rituals are useful and important, however they do not warrant blind divine authority. They only warrant earned authority. Respect for elders is earned authority, due to life experience even if that experience is wrongheaded. Respect for veterans, workers, scholars and the like is also earned authority, even if they are misaligned. Assumed Divine authority through rank, status, birthright, class...is false, for the only thing that can annoint divinity is the presence of God through earned authority or divine intervention "IE" the status of gnostic sight after teaching and experience, the revelation of being through circumstance "historical perspectives like Joan of Arc, Jesus, Buddah, ect.".
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Klerik wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:22
To add context, rituals are useful and important, however they do not warrant blind divine authority. They only warrant earned authority. Respect for elders is earned authority, due to life experience even if that experience is wrongheaded. Respect for veterans, workers, scholars and the like is also earned authority, even if they are misaligned. Assumed Divine authority through rank, status, birthright, class...is false, for the only thing that can annoint divinity is the presence of God through earned authority or divine intervention "IE" the status of gnostic sight after teaching and experience, the revelation of being through circumstance "historical perspectives like Joan of Arc, Jesus, Buddah, ect.".
To add even further context.

1 Timothy 6:11-16

11But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

There is only one king and that's Jesus. Everyone else is an imposter and the adversary of God.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

That is all true but there are multiple anointed ones, the specific titles of Christos, which Jesus was appointed through his actions.

The presence of god is embodied in the Annointed one, and the Annointed has the ability to portray the heavenly father through his actions and good deeds.

To give an example of what this means, we can go east and look at the Buddhist perspective.

There is an argument on why "zen" does not teach ethics. Many newcomers to these aryan teachings expect some sort of ritualized dogma to follow and to compare and contrast themselves against other faiths.

However, you cannot know ethics without being enlightened IE annointed as Christos. Enlightenment channels the presence of God into the material world. This brings about the ability to see one's self in other beings and through knowledge "gnosis" with the presence of God in all things to act in accordance naturally the laws and teachings of Jesus.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Do the thing where you post a video.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 20th, 2023, 19:16
same guy who posted the thread was later harassed by his own church after posting this + antifa snitching on him btw. His entire church, top to bottom(I don't merely mean his local pastor), came out against him and harassed him + his family.
no, I'm not joking. If you got a few minutes, just scroll through this thread. He recorded the audio + took logs of everything.
I read the whole thing, both threads. I shouldn't be surprised at the rate of spiritual decay in the year 2023 but this is ridiculous. For the record, LCMS is supposed to be the "conservative" branch of Lutheranism; comparatively they still are, as their counterpart(s?) already ordain women. This is the organization for which my dad is currently attending seminary. I'm debating whether it would be profitable to show him this. It would certainly make a nice comeback to his sending me an article about some out-of-context quote from Patriarch Kirill.

I really appreciate all of Ryan's critique of the catechism but particularly the bits where it says, "X is bad, but so is Y," with an implicit or explicit, "...so let's not think too hard about X." I've always hated that. Where does that 'but' come from? It should be, "X is bad," fullstop. It's obvious that they're tip-toeing around what has become culturally acceptable.

What will never cease to amaze me is the the subverter's capacity for infiltration. A rational human when considering an organization espousing tenets with which he disagrees will either decline joining or openly fight against it, but not so with the subverter. The subverter, be he jew or mere leftist, will join anyway and spend year upon year behind a false front that he may someday ruin the organization from within, bit by bit, undetected, a parasite not so by nature but by the will and thus not excused by accident of birth and species. This is a mindset which I cannot fathom.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 04:45
I'm an agnostic ultramontanist. Religion is good, ritually speaking, but I don't like any of the options. I was born christian, believed for a long time, and simply lost interest. Tried other religions, but the only one that makes sense is ancestor worship and the Vestal hearth fire, which is dead.
I sincerely hope you're joking. "Umm ya like I kinda don't really like being Christian um it's like not all that fun so like I tried all these like different things, and ya I kinda like lost interest"

There are some people I've come across that treat faith as some diet fad, or talk about it just because it’s “based,”. You do not “choose” a religion as if it were an issue of personal taste. If I liked pop music and people rolling on the ground, perhaps I would be just as justified converting to some Pentecostal sect. This is silly.

The greatest deception is that religion is this separate category about “feelings” or “preference” and not truth. Atheist and spiritual R*dditor Stephen Jay Gould put this in words in the modern era, calling science and religion “non-overlapping magesteria,” declaring in a laughable attempt at big-brained centrism that nothing in material reality is relevant to religion and nothing in religion is relevant to material reality. This is strange because people can research many different philosophies, such as Platonism, Gnosticism, Stoicism, Hermeticism and can analyse and critique them and look at them as models of reality perfectly comparable to modern philosophical assumptions and approaches. But we have been taught to view Christianity as this separate category, that can’t possibly be a model of reality, but is a something merely “moral” or “personal” or “spiritual” which are all terms that have been debased to mean nothing at all.

A Christian believes that Jesus’s resurrection was a true historical event, and a prelude of a general resurrection to come and that he established a Church and sacraments which are his vehicles for having man recover from sin within this life to prepare for his roles in the next. The Orthodox Christian Church is an unbroken chain since that period, and oft built on yet older philosophical and liturgical practices.

If you find this alien, or God unbelievable, you can do yourself the favour of prayer and visit a priest and see what happens.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

KnightoftheWind wrote: May 21st, 2023, 15:14
The Orthodox Christian Church is an unbroken chain since that period
Incorrect, Ignatius the heretic bishop of Antioch broke that chain when the Apostle John was alive and John recorded it in Revelation. The Orthodox Church has just as much original doctrine as the Catholics which is none. You don't adhere to the Torah and you substituted all of God's holy days for your own that are pagan. This is what happens you let heretics into the church.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

So anyway, I think God made beer possible for a reason. All I want is to sit down with God, and have a beer. And maybe talk about women. And laugh together while we say jokes. I bet God has some killer jokes about snakes.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

KnightoftheWind wrote: May 21st, 2023, 15:14
maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 04:45
I'm an agnostic ultramontanist. Religion is good, ritually speaking, but I don't like any of the options. I was born christian, believed for a long time, and simply lost interest. Tried other religions, but the only one that makes sense is ancestor worship and the Vestal hearth fire, which is dead.
I sincerely hope you're joking. "Umm ya like I kinda don't really like being Christian um it's like not all that fun so like I tried all these like different things, and ya I kinda like lost interest"

There are some people I've come across that treat faith as some diet fad, or talk about it just because it’s “based,”. You do not “choose” a religion as if it were an issue of personal taste. If I liked pop music and people rolling on the ground, perhaps I would be just as justified converting to some Pentecostal sect. This is silly.

The greatest deception is that religion is this separate category about “feelings” or “preference” and not truth. Atheist and spiritual R*dditor Stephen Jay Gould put this in words in the modern era, calling science and religion “non-overlapping magesteria,” declaring in a laughable attempt at big-brained centrism that nothing in material reality is relevant to religion and nothing in religion is relevant to material reality. This is strange because people can research many different philosophies, such as Platonism, Gnosticism, Stoicism, Hermeticism and can analyse and critique them and look at them as models of reality perfectly comparable to modern philosophical assumptions and approaches. But we have been taught to view Christianity as this separate category, that can’t possibly be a model of reality, but is a something merely “moral” or “personal” or “spiritual” which are all terms that have been debased to mean nothing at all.

A Christian believes that Jesus’s resurrection was a true historical event, and a prelude of a general resurrection to come and that he established a Church and sacraments which are his vehicles for having man recover from sin within this life to prepare for his roles in the next. The Orthodox Christian Church is an unbroken chain since that period, and oft built on yet older philosophical and liturgical practices.

If you find this alien, or God unbelievable, you can do yourself the favour of prayer and visit a priest and see what happens.
No, I'm not joking. I told my church about twelve years ago, that I don't believe in resurrection, that I'm not a jew, so I don't need their god, and that I'm agnostic about god anyway. I don't believe there's any knowing if god is one or many, or even good or evil, or if he's real or not. After I left, I realized I didn't need to tell them any of that, because everyone just chooses to believe in what they want to believe. I should have kept going, but I'm too autistic to lie, so I couldn't repeat the creed, the hymns, or pray. I don't like any of the other options.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 15:23
Incorrect, Ignatius the heretic bishop of Antioch broke that chain when the Apostle John was alive and John recorded it in Revelation.
Don't leave us hanging. How did St. Ignatius break the chain of apostolic succession?
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Nah, everyone is doing ok regardless of all their disabilities.
maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 12:31
Do the thing where you post a video.