We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Lutheran thread (also protestantlols)

Surely this will be a civilized forum
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 16:49
KnightoftheWind wrote: May 21st, 2023, 15:14
maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 04:45
I'm an agnostic ultramontanist. Religion is good, ritually speaking, but I don't like any of the options. I was born christian, believed for a long time, and simply lost interest. Tried other religions, but the only one that makes sense is ancestor worship and the Vestal hearth fire, which is dead.
I sincerely hope you're joking. "Umm ya like I kinda don't really like being Christian um it's like not all that fun so like I tried all these like different things, and ya I kinda like lost interest"

There are some people I've come across that treat faith as some diet fad, or talk about it just because it’s “based,”. You do not “choose” a religion as if it were an issue of personal taste. If I liked pop music and people rolling on the ground, perhaps I would be just as justified converting to some Pentecostal sect. This is silly.

The greatest deception is that religion is this separate category about “feelings” or “preference” and not truth. Atheist and spiritual R*dditor Stephen Jay Gould put this in words in the modern era, calling science and religion “non-overlapping magesteria,” declaring in a laughable attempt at big-brained centrism that nothing in material reality is relevant to religion and nothing in religion is relevant to material reality. This is strange because people can research many different philosophies, such as Platonism, Gnosticism, Stoicism, Hermeticism and can analyse and critique them and look at them as models of reality perfectly comparable to modern philosophical assumptions and approaches. But we have been taught to view Christianity as this separate category, that can’t possibly be a model of reality, but is a something merely “moral” or “personal” or “spiritual” which are all terms that have been debased to mean nothing at all.

A Christian believes that Jesus’s resurrection was a true historical event, and a prelude of a general resurrection to come and that he established a Church and sacraments which are his vehicles for having man recover from sin within this life to prepare for his roles in the next. The Orthodox Christian Church is an unbroken chain since that period, and oft built on yet older philosophical and liturgical practices.

If you find this alien, or God unbelievable, you can do yourself the favour of prayer and visit a priest and see what happens.
No, I'm not joking. I told my church about twelve years ago, that I don't believe in resurrection, that I'm not a jew, so I don't need their god, and that I'm agnostic about god anyway. I don't believe there's any knowing if god is one or many, or even good or evil, or if he's real or not. After I left, I realized I didn't need to tell them any of that, because everyone just chooses to believe in what they want to believe. I should have kept going, but I'm too autistic to lie, so I couldn't repeat the creed, the hymns, or pray. I don't like any of the other options.
So basically you've given up on the idea of salvation because it's "too boring" for you. There's a word for that, I think it's "Redditor".

But one thing I’ve tried to emphasise in some places is the general wrongness of the idea of the cultural “quantum leap” or “discontinuity” between Prechristian and Christian Europe. This is an important issue for some, because they view the “change” of Europe over to Christianity as perhaps the start of the now constant and perpetual leftist cultural revolution. This is the idea that the Christianization of Europe was a radical break from history and tradition.

This is true only on the Christian metric: obviously the salvation of Europe is a quantum leap. However, melodramatic types will lament that this is when Europe have up its “European” soul and adopted a “Jewish” or “desert” religion which put the continent on a totally different and out-of-touch cultural direction. Christian theology, including Trinitarian theology has direct and undeniable analogues and imitators: Neoplatonism expresses a kind of theological trinity as well (the One, the Intellect and the Soul), albeit one more similar to Origen’s trinity where a hierarchy of the three persons exist.

In the cosmogony of the Poemandres, a Hermetic work, shows a pagan creation myth wherein God creates the world via his Logos, as in the first chapter of St. John’s gospel, which also has a trinitarian and monotheistic unity with God (differing from Christianity in its panentheism). Stoic philosophy is a component needed to understand the opening of the gospel of John and is part of the philosophical backdrop of early Christian theology.

Medieval esoteric doctrines and alchemy viewed all of nature as trinitarian, possessing body, mind, and spirit (salt, sulfur and mercury), which was related directly to the Triune nature of God. Even specific mystical sects like Mithraism or the many forms of Gnosticism are tied closely to the development of Christianity. All of these intellectual strands were intertwined with Christianity since the beginning of the written expression of Christian theology.

You now have to ask yourself: if Hermeticism or Mithraism had taken over as a universal religion of Europe, would they loathe it like they loathe Christianity and view it as a radical departure from “le old ways"?. Note that Hermeticism had an alleged Egyptian origin, and Mithraism had a orientalist/Iranic origin. Note that none of my point here is specifically that Christianity influenced or created these other philosophies or that they influenced (providentially) Christianity. What is important is that looking at it dispassionately, we cannot deem Christianity as some cultural departure from “real” European culture without also throwing out this entire philosophical tradition as a whole. Medieval Christians would often look at Greek Philosophy as another covenant of God established to prepare mankind intellectually for the revelation of the Trinity. (Note also that Dante and others represent Christians who viewed the Roman Empire also as part of a divine plan.)

Ultimately, the Christian religion is non-cultural and thus universal/catholic. There are cultural aspects associated with it, but there’s a difference between essence and accidents. Of those cultural aspects, they are nearly all European, not, as some allege, Hebrew or Jewish. Most of the New Testament is quite literally an explication of why this religion which accepts the Hebrew Scriptures is markedly non-Jewish and why Jewish practices like circumcision and sacrifice are sacrilegious.

So the view we should get from this is that Christianization was no cultural leap into an alien worldview, but something whose intellectual side happened slowly over centuries and would only be viewed as spiritual, not culturally distinct from its environment.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Atlantico wrote: May 21st, 2023, 17:37
MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 15:23
Incorrect, Ignatius the heretic bishop of Antioch broke that chain when the Apostle John was alive and John recorded it in Revelation.
Don't leave us hanging. How did St. Ignatius break the chain of apostolic succession?
By removing his and the other gentile Asia Minor churches from the see of Jerusalem in about 100 AD. They sided with Rome only to be executed by the emperor for treason. Revelation 2 and 3 discusses this with the letters to the 7 churches of Asia Minor.

Also see Ignatius the heretic bishop of Antioch's letters. He clearly states that he removed his church and said that God forsook his chosen people to make the gentile Christians the new chosen people in violation of Paul's teaching in Romans 11.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Of course its reddit, everything you don't like is reddit or the jews. The world came into existance when you found /pol. Then you'll tell me the one true religion is perfectly preserved in based trad orthodoxy. Not only that, but your schizo take on orthodoxy, that maybe 1% of orthodox overlap with, is the optimal, retvrn to tradition christianity. If I don't convert I go to hell, so that way God gives you something to watch in heaven.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 22:10
Atlantico wrote: May 21st, 2023, 17:37
MadPreacher wrote: May 21st, 2023, 15:23
Incorrect, Ignatius the heretic bishop of Antioch broke that chain when the Apostle John was alive and John recorded it in Revelation.
Don't leave us hanging. How did St. Ignatius break the chain of apostolic succession?
By removing his and the other gentile Asia Minor churches from the see of Jerusalem in about 100 AD. They sided with Rome only to be executed by the emperor for treason. Revelation 2 and 3 discusses this with the letters to the 7 churches of Asia Minor.

Also see Ignatius the heretic bishop of Antioch's letters. He clearly states that he removed his church and said that God forsook his chosen people to make the gentile Christians the new chosen people in violation of Paul's teaching in Romans 11.
Interesting. I have to read his letters then.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

maidenhaver wrote: May 21st, 2023, 22:27
Of course its reddit, everything you don't like is reddit or the jews.
I mean, every disgusting social and cultural trend can be traced back to jews. I don't like beating that drum over and over but it's objective reality. Gislaine Maxwell was an admin on reddit, was she not? The kike bitch that trafficked kids to Epsteins rape island?
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

madbringer wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 03:31
I mean, every disgusting social and cultural trend can be traced back to jews.
Yes like salvation for ungrateful racist gentiles that God will send to hell for breaking his laws.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

MadPreacher wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 03:46
Yes like salvation for ungrateful racist gentiles that God will send to hell for breaking his laws.
I think you misspelled jews failing to follow the word of God and rejecting Jesus somewhere in there.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

If Martin Luther's ideology would get him sent to hell, doesn't that inherently condemn the entirety of Protestantism?
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 03:49
If Martin Luther's ideology would get him sent to hell, doesn't that inherently condemn the entirety of Protestantism?
You have to wonder why, exactly, the Catholics felt the need to burn Jan Hus at the stake and declare Luther as an apostate. I have a pretty good idea, because like every other vulnerable power structure that settles into a comfy miasma of corruption and nepotism, they could not let a challenge go unanswered.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

madbringer wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 03:48
MadPreacher wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 03:46
I fail to follow the word of God and rejecting Jesus and Jews somewhere in there.
You don't say.
KnightoftheWind

madbringer wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 03:58
You have to wonder why, exactly, the Catholics felt the need to burn Jan Hus at the stake and declare Luther as an apostate. I have a pretty good idea, because like every other vulnerable power structure that settles into a comfy miasma of corruption and nepotism, they could not let a challenge go unanswered.
Gee I wonder if trannies feel the same way about normal folk. "Ugh, this power structure is VULNERABLE and they're just holding us back!. Damn cis-gendered CHUDS!".

Do not confuse corruption for ensuring the well-being of society. And with hindsight being 20/20, we know what the ramblings of Martin Luther ultimately became. It irreparably damaged the Faith in the West and is perhaps the sole reason for it's decline and mockery by subsequent generations. You can only get away with diluting the Truth into Fast Food McSermons for so long.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

It applies to mainly the Whore of Babylon and the Orthodox. Do you adhere to the Torah? What about observing the holy days that Yahweh mandated? No? Then you're breaking the Word of God. I don't judge people on where they go. I only point out that it may be where they head.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

MadPreacher wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 04:04
It applies to mainly the Whore of Babylon and the Orthodox. Do you adhere to the Torah? What about observing the holy days that Yahweh mandated? No? Then you're breaking the Word of God. I don't judge people on where they go. I only point out that it may be where they head.
The word of Moloch.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

KnightoftheWind wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 04:02
madbringer wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 03:58
Gee I wonder if trannies feel the same way about normal folk. "Ugh, this power structure is VULNERABLE and they're just holding us back!. Damn cis-gendered CHUDS!".

Do not confuse corruption for ensuring the well-being of society. And with hindsight being 20/20, we know what the ramblings of Martin Luther ultimately became. It irreparably damaged the Faith in the West and is perhaps the sole reason for it's decline and mockery by subsequent generations. You can only get away with diluting the Truth into Fast Food McSermons for so long.
That's a fair point, and protestantism has became extremely faggy recently, no denying that. But I have zero faith in the Vatican, and honestly, watching what happens in churches across America, I don't know why would I. Ordaining female priests should have been the first clue of the encroaching corruption.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Do you adhere to the Torah? What about observing the holy days that Yahweh mandated? No? Then you're breaking the Word of God.
but now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and destitute elemental powers? Do you want to be slaves to them all over again? You are observing days, months, seasons, and years. I am afraid on your account that perhaps I have labored for you in vain.
Kinda convinced you're actually jewish now tbh
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 04:26
Do you adhere to the Torah? What about observing the holy days that Yahweh mandated? No? Then you're breaking the Word of God.
but now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and destitute elemental powers? Do you want to be slaves to them all over again? You are observing days, months, seasons, and years. I am afraid on your account that perhaps I have labored for you in vain.
What clued you in, the fact that he's quoting scripture in the most dishonest way possible or that he actively tries to provoke dumb flame wars over nothing?
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

He's doing it for free so I suspect he's an alright guy.

Or he's up to something. We might have to search his underwear.
KnightoftheWind

Pr*testants are known for misquoting and misusing scripture to suit whatever narrative they want. That's why there are thousands of heretical, pr*testant cults across the West. The jews love good shabbos goys like MadPreacher.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

The bible is the worst thing to happen to Christianity.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

These days, whatever cut of Christianity you are, it seems to me you have to make your own home the house of God and forsake the corrupt institutions.
KnightoftheWind

madbringer wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 04:49
These days, whatever cut of Christianity you are, it seems to me you have to make your own home the house of God and forsake the corrupt institutions.
Being "non-denominational" is just another protestant lie. One cannot rely on scripture alone, you must also learn from the church fathers' whose teachings date back to the time of Christ.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Life is short

Small pox is fast

In for the Kill

Out on the take

everyone wants a piece of the cake
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

KnightoftheWind wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 04:54
madbringer wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 04:49
Being "non-denominational" is just another protestant lie. One cannot rely on scripture alone, you must also learn from the church fathers' whose teachings date back to the time of Christ.
This argument has been done to death. There is nothing in the Bible that requires one to bow before Vatican. Personally, I don't care one way or the other, as long as I'm dealing with an honest Christian man and not some subversive goblin.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Klerik wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 04:47
The bible is the worst thing to happen to Christianity.
And the Brogias were the best thing.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

madbringer wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 04:04
The word of Moloch.
I'm so glad that you're convinced that the words of Jesus are actually the words of Satan.

Matthew 5:17-18

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Law in Hebrew and Aramaic is Torah. Prophets is Ketuvim. Both are very real sections of the Old Testament. At the time of Jesus's ministry, he taught from the Torah and the Ketuvim. The Writings (Nevi'im) form the Tanakh. Do you know what the difference is between the Tanakh and the Old Testament? Nothing, except the retarded gentiles split Kings, Chronicles, and Samuel into 2 books. The Whore of Babylon and the Orthodox added a ton of books that aren't canonical to spread their heresies.

Matthew 7:21-22

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Evildoers is a mistranslation in the NIV. The correct translation is Torahlessness. That's readily apparent when you read the linked passage to Psalms 6:9 (8).

Get away from me, all you workers of evil!

If you fail to adhere to God's law you are an evildoer. Also, if you don't adhere to the Torah then you aren't recognized by Jesus. These are his words.
I'm kind of convinced that you're a retarded Satanist that has no concept of what the Bible actually says. I am citing scripture like in my reply to Satan's Cum Dumpster.

What do you have? If you can contradict the Word of God and prove it wrong then do so.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

MadPreacher wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 05:44
madbringer wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 04:04
The word of Moloch.
I'm so glad that you're convinced that the words of Jesus are actually the words of Satan.

Matthew 5:17-18

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Law in Hebrew and Aramaic is Torah. Prophets is Ketuvim. Both are very real sections of the Old Testament. At the time of Jesus's ministry, he taught from the Torah and the Ketuvim. The Writings (Nevi'im) form the Tanakh. Do you know what the difference is between the Tanakh and the Old Testament? Nothing, except the retarded gentiles split Kings, Chronicles, and Samuel into 2 books. The Whore of Babylon and the Orthodox added a ton of books that aren't canonical to spread their heresies.

Matthew 7:21-22

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Evildoers is a mistranslation in the NIV. The correct translation is Torahlessness. That's readily apparent when you read the linked passage to Psalms 6:9 (8).

Get away from me, all you workers of evil!

If you fail to adhere to God's law you are an evildoer. Also, if you don't adhere to the Torah then you aren't recognized by Jesus. These are his words.
I'm kind of convinced that you're a retarded Satanist that has no concept of what the Bible actually says. I am citing scripture like in my reply to Satan's Cum Dumpster.

What do you have? If you can contradict the Word of God and prove it wrong then do so.
I'm doubly glad you expose yourself as a kike over and over again. What do you hope to gain from these schixo posts? Everyone here hates you.