We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Diablo 4

For RPGs that require a persistently online connection.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

On top of what was already said, I'm pretty sure most of the money for this game came from Diablo: Immortal, which is one of the worst gacha game ever made.

With the money they made from exploiting people's addictions, you would *expect* that this game would not just be of better quality, but also feature less "colourful characters". But... no.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

There's no reason to expect anything good from Blizzard.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Blizzard has never made a single good game. Not one.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

GhostCow wrote: June 27th, 2023, 00:06
Isn't it funny that out of all the property Blizzard has ever been involved with Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain arguably remains the best?

It probably has something to do with them not making it. :p
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I like Warcraft III, and Overwatch had all the ingredients necessary to be good.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 27th, 2023, 01:05
I like Warcraft III, and Overwatch had all the ingredients necessary to be good.
I would have given Overwatch a shot if they hadn't been so quick to make it gay that I hadn't had a chance to buy it yet.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

From the mid '90s to mid '00s Blizzard was one of the finest studios on the planet. Now they are dogshit.
KnightoftheWind

I think the success of World of Warcraft is what ultimately killed them. As the bigger a company gets, the more of it's creative soul is lost to bureaucracy and meddling.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I don't think any video game dev has survived being successful. The moment you're successful, you attract all the coattail riders. You'd have to completely stop recruiting to not be destroyed by success.
SDG

Post by SDG »

So many drama queens. This is easily the best game they've made since Warcraft 3.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

SDG wrote: June 27th, 2023, 11:37
So many drama queens. This is easily the best game they've made since Warcraft 3.
Could be the best game ever made and I'd still refuse to give blizzard my money, glad to hear you're enjoying it though.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

SDG wrote: June 27th, 2023, 11:37
The hurdle they need to clear is whether or not it is more fun than Diablo 2.
revenant

Post by revenant »

Aside from obvious flaws like monetization, shit artstyle, area design and being woke the biggest turnoff is the adaptive difficulty level. Why bother grinding gear when it's not tied to your skill or character build but on artificial constraints put there by the developer in order for you to keep playing as long as possible.
SDG

Post by SDG »

revenant wrote: June 28th, 2023, 16:32
Aside from obvious flaws like monetization, shit artstyle, area design and being woke the biggest turnoff is the adaptive difficulty level. Why bother grinding gear when it's not tied to your skill or character build but on artificial constraints put there by the developer in order for you to keep playing as long as possible.
This is fake news. Game got easier for me in wt3. I struggled more in wt2
KnightoftheWind

Diablo IV is engineered to be as addictive as possible, to get you to spend money on DLC and battle passes. So saying Diablo IV is a great game is like saying a Big Mac is a great meal. Sure it may taste good, but its just a collection of GMOs and chemicals that play with your mind. Nothing is genuine about it, and Diablo IV is the same thing.

It's made to be just "good enough" to get you to spend more money on it.
2factorauth

Post by 2factorauth »

I propose to ban popamole shit on this prestigious magazine!
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

2factorauth wrote: June 30th, 2023, 16:23
I propose to ban popamole shit on this prestigious magazine!
We don't talk like that here.

:disgust:
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

I played the actual game, not the demo for a bit. I got an account on loan. There's 2 level 70s characters on this account, a Rogue and a Druid. I definitely prefer the rogue, it's squishy but moves and clears faster and is a lot faster just navigating the maps. Stuff that would delete the rogue, the HP bar on the druid doesn't even budge one pixel. So, SDG if you want to get hammered and play some D4, I'd highly recommend druid bear form if you just want to fuck some shit up and not ever rip.

The mob density is a bit better in nightmare dungeons vs what it was in normal dungeons in the demo. There's some situations where you run into packs with 6 elites + adds in nightmare dungeons, and that's a pretty decent sized pack, but I still feel like there's too many rooms in dungeons with literally no enemies.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

somerandomdude wrote: July 1st, 2023, 00:45
I played the actual game, not the demo for a bit. I got an account on loan. There's 2 level 70s characters on this account, a Rogue and a Druid. I definitely prefer the rogue, it's squishy but moves and clears faster and is a lot faster just navigating the maps. Stuff that would delete the rogue, the HP bar on the druid doesn't even budge one pixel. So, SDG if you want to get hammered and play some D4, I'd highly recommend druid bear form if you just want to fuck some shit up and not ever rip.

The mob density is a bit better in nightmare dungeons vs what it was in normal dungeons in the demo. There's some situations where you run into packs with 6 elites + adds in nightmare dungeons, and that's a pretty decent sized pack, but I still feel like there's too many rooms in dungeons with literally no enemies.
It's so nice to see that you love SJW trannie shit.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 02:32
I never said it was a good game. There's better similar games out there such as D2, Grim Dawn, Last Epoch and Path of Exile.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

somerandomdude wrote: July 1st, 2023, 03:37
MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 02:32
I never said it was a good game. There's better similar games out there such as D2, Grim Dawn, Last Epoch and Path of Exile.
I'm not the one that bought SJW trannie shit, but you did. Nobody made the claim that you thought it was a good game. That is just you deflecting away from the fact that you support SJW trannies that want to fuck your kids.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 04:27
I'm not the one that bought SJW trannie shit, but you did. Nobody made the claim that you thought it was a good game. That is just you deflecting away from the fact that you support SJW trannies that want to fuck your kids.
Quote where I said I bought the game? I specifically stated that I borrowed an account. It's not a particularly difficult concept, I've done it before on other titles I wanted to test out without paying, and I've loaned (even given) some of my accounts out to people I know IRL.

Even if I were look at D4 excluding all the bullshit surrounding Blizzard and simply judge it for the game itself, it's not that good.
Last edited by somerandomdude on July 1st, 2023, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

somerandomdude wrote: July 1st, 2023, 04:32
MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 04:27
Quote where I said I bought the game? I specifically stated that I borrowed an account. It's not a particularly difficult concept, I've done it before on other titles I wanted to test out without paying, and I've loaned (even given) some of my accounts out to people I know IRL.
So your friend bought the game and supports pedophile trannies. You created a character and played on said account. That makes you equally guilty in your support of child grooming and SJW Marxism. Are you sure you want to keep going down this route and being friends with a pedophile lover?
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 04:33
So your friend bought the game and supports pedophile trannies. You created a character and played on said account. That makes you equally guilty in your support of child grooming and SJW Marxism. Are you sure you want to keep going down this route and being friends with a pedophile lover?
If he's guilty of anything it's being a typical dude who buys and consumes whatever shit gets hyped up, which is no different than 90%+ of Americans.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

somerandomdude wrote: July 1st, 2023, 04:38
MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 04:33
If he's guilty of anything it's being a typical dude who buys and consumes whatever shit gets hyped up, which is no different than 90%+ of Americans.
No, he financially supports child grooming pedophiles and you support him. Why are you defending pedophiles?
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 04:44
No, he financially supports child grooming pedophiles and you support him. Why are you defending pedophiles?
There's a difference between being a witless consumer and knowingly supporting pedophilia. While it's true that witless consumers helped get us to where we are today with regards to pretty much everything that's wrong with this country, holding such a huge grudge that you'd disown a relative for being a witless consumer isn't gonna solve the problem. Solving the problem requires revolutionary measures. Queers, pedophiles and kikes run everything from the media to the education, government, corporations, courts, etc. How do you know that you haven't financially supported the rise of the pedophile agenda at some point, unknowingly? I can tell you for a fact that if you've ever spent a single dollar on anything, you have too.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

somerandomdude wrote: July 1st, 2023, 05:02
MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 04:44
There's a difference between being a witless consumer and knowingly supporting pedophilia. While it's true that witless consumers helped get us to where we are today with regards to pretty much everything that's wrong with this country, holding such a huge grudge that you'd disown a relative for being a witless consumer isn't gonna solve the problem. Solving the problem requires revolutionary measures. Queers, pedophiles and kikes run everything from the media to the education, government, corporations, courts, etc. How do you know that you haven't financially supported the rise of the pedophile agenda at some point, unknowingly?
Nope ignorance is no excuse. You just love your pedos dontcha?

How do I know? Easy I research. That and being poor helps. If you don't have money you don't buy stuff.

Do you have any more excuses on why you support pedophiles and consoom their products?
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 05:05

How do I know? Easy I research. That and being poor helps. If you don't have money you don't buy stuff.

Do you have any more excuses on why you support pedophiles and consoom their products?
Very well, then I will hold you to the same standard. Even if you're poor, you've spent $1 at some point, and if you have then you're a pedophile lover/supporter/enabler.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

somerandomdude wrote: July 1st, 2023, 05:07
MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 05:05

Very well, then I will hold you to the same standard. Even if you're poor, you've spent $1 at some point, and if you have then you're a pedophile lover/supporter/enabler.
And you would be an idiot. Do you have anything intelligent to add to the fact that you support pedophiles and SJW trannies? So far your defense has been lackluster. We get it that you're a fucking disgusting retard that must consoooom product from people who hate you. Next thing you'll be telling me you drink Butt Lite and wear dresses to tell stories to children.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

MadPreacher wrote: July 1st, 2023, 05:12
And you would be an idiot. Do you have anything intelligent to add to the fact that you support pedophiles and SJW trannies? So far your defense has been lackluster. We get it that you're a fucking disgusting retard that must consoooom product from people who hate you. Next thing you'll be telling me you drink Butt Lite and wear dresses to tell stories to children.
You really enjoy deflecting from your own burning anal desire for little boys, don't you?