We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Various video game stuff not deserving its own thread

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Valve, an American company, shouldn't get the complete pass they do for discriminating against American customers. Charging people significantly less just because of where they live is discrimination, simple as. If Valve was a brick & mortar store they'd have been sued by now for it.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 5th, 2024, 04:00
Valve, an American company, shouldn't get the complete pass they do for discriminating against American customers. Charging people significantly less just because of where they live is discrimination, simple as. If Valve was a brick & mortar store they'd have been sued by now for it.
Start suing your local shop for charging you 4 times than a European pays for a can of monster energy ultra white
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: April 5th, 2024, 10:42
Start suing your local shop for charging you 4 times than a European pays for a can of monster energy ultra white
I don't have the money to sue, but I can yell at the pajeets that run my corner stores about it for free. :toot:
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: April 5th, 2024, 10:42
im pretty sure europeans pay for everything 4x what muricans especially now that euro kuk zone decided to punish itself by getting murican gas and oil over russian one.

europe; half the wages 4x the prices.
Last edited by Red7 on April 5th, 2024, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Envergence wrote: April 1st, 2024, 05:06
Dagoth Ur Narrator for Baldur's Gate 3, boys.
It's not Dagoth Ur unless he's being offhandedly racist against farm tools.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Red7 wrote: April 5th, 2024, 14:31
im pretty sure europeans pay for everything 4x what muricans especially now that euro kuk zone decided to punish itself by getting murican gas and oil over russian one.
You can easily google that and check it's not true but whatever.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: April 5th, 2024, 17:12
Red7 wrote: April 5th, 2024, 14:31
You can easily google that and check it's not true but whatever.
i recall when muricans were paying 400 usd for 1070 i would have to pay almost 900 usd
the waggie wage was like 400 usd monthly back then

so i guess prices are like 2x higher and wages are like 4x lower; the same result tho

as for gas its obviously true and part of jew plan to implode eurokukzone
Last edited by Red7 on April 5th, 2024, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Last edited by aweigh on April 8th, 2024, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Games that spawn ammo/health kits more frequently when the player is low are fake video games
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

wndrbr wrote: February 5th, 2024, 13:24
New Silent Hill lore just dropped.

gerey wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 21:15
It took 4 Western developers to shit out this digital tragey.
Bad Robot Games is a video game studio founded by (((J.J. Abrams))), serving as a division of Bad Robot Productions.[1] They created the art direction, monster design, and sound design for the interactive streaming series Silent Hill: Ascension.
Behaviour Interactive is a Canandian game developer based in Montréal, known for creating Dead by Daylight and Deathgarden. They were the studio behind Dead by Daylight: Chapter XVI - Silent Hill, a crossover with Dead by Daylight in which Heather Mason (following the events of Silent Hill 3) is summoned to an alternate realm and confronts her survivor's guilt through Pyramid Head.
DJ2 Entertainment is a film and television company specializing in the production of video game adaptations.[1] Their filmography includes Sonic the Hedgehog and upcoming media based on Little Nightmares, Tomb Raider. and It Takes Two.[2] They were attached to Silent Hill: Ascension, until creative lead Stephan Bugaj began working for Genvid Technologies on the project directly.
Genvid Technologies is a media company specializing in massively interactive live events (MILEs), seeking to amalgamate the experience of broadcast television with the interactivity of video games.[1] In 2022, they developed The Walking Dead: Last Mile, a part game/part television series in which players interacted with the characters in a real time world through mini-games that built up "influence points" as currency to impact the course of the story.
► Sometimes not knowing the new lore is better... (NSFW)
Last edited by SpellSword on April 9th, 2024, 09:18, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

It's amazing that this is where people choose to draw the line.
"nooo not the heckin artist-arinos!!!!"

So, not going to play any roguelikes because they substitute a level designer with algorithms?
Going to continue reviewing games that mass outsource labor to cheap asian countries and have by far put more artists out of work than AI has?
:trash:
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 9th, 2024, 09:45

So, not going to play any roguelikes because they substitute a level designer with algorithms?
Going to continue reviewing games that mass outsource labor to cheap asian countries and have by far put more artists out of work than AI has?
I like that he says it's ok to have a little bit of AI art in the game. Sounds like a bit of preemptive face saving in case he accidentally features a game with AI art, because his type is supposed to automatically identify it by the lack of soul in the brick texture or whatever.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 9th, 2024, 09:50
I like that he says it's ok to have a little bit of AI art in the game. Sounds like a bit of preemptive face saving in case he accidentally features a game with AI art, because his type is supposed to automatically identify it by the lack of soul in the brick texture or whatever.
Sorta like the people who complain about CGI when they only notice bad CGI, because 80% of every movie is just CGI now but they can't tell.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Why does everything always have to grow? There can be a nice equilibrium instead, but that's never enough for these fucks.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 9th, 2024, 21:24
only achievement I ever remember earning/cared enough to screenshot
What did you do?
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 9th, 2024, 09:45

Splattercat is a homo
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 9th, 2024, 21:35
What did you do?
Nothing.
Last edited by WhiteShark on April 10th, 2024, 05:18, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

They actually changed the name of it a couple years back so that's an extra rare do-not-steal NFT edition of the achievement.
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 10th, 2024, 04:57
They actually changed the name of it a couple years back so that's an extra rare do-not-steal NFT edition of the achievement.
Which game was it from?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

SpellSword wrote: April 10th, 2024, 07:28
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 10th, 2024, 04:57
Which game was it from?
SWTOR
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Kill Watto with a gas grenade, a force choke, or a pyrokinesis?
Element

Post by Element »

SpellSword wrote: April 9th, 2024, 08:50
wndrbr wrote: February 5th, 2024, 13:24
New Silent Hill lore just dropped.
► Sometimes not knowing the new lore is better... (NSFW)
I hated Kojimbob taking over the series with PT, since I never found his narcissism palatable. But this is so much worse.
Last edited by Element on April 10th, 2024, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

What did SWTOR mean by this?
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

I know they will do something to ruin it for me (like the Manor Lords devs did) but for now I am experiencing something akin to happiness.

Last edited by gerey on April 11th, 2024, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

gerey wrote: April 11th, 2024, 19:08
(like the Manor Lords did)
Uh oh - what did Manor Lords do?
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Acrux wrote: April 11th, 2024, 19:10
Uh oh - what did Manor Lords do?
Rusty posted it in another thread, but they cucked out and removed the churches. You can't build them in the game.