We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The FUCKING metal thread

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

So far I have yet to see any metal fucking. I was hoping for gold on silver action.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Looks like you guys like to listen just 3edgy5u gay faggot "Lookitme, me so edgy!" cookie monster crap, what's next, Marilyn Manson prancing around?
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Shame that Brocas Helm album is so horribly produced and mixed, it would be great album otherwise. Cirith Ungol is great band too.
Mr.Wonderful

Post by Mr.Wonderful »

How silently and under the radar this album went. Blindly listened to it and it's definitely this unremarkable bands best album since 1997. Last song was just cherry on top - guest Schmier and the song has the aura like it's taken straight from The Antichrist. Kick ass stuff from start to finish
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Sounds good. The release timing may have affected the attention it got.

Mr.Wonderful

Post by Mr.Wonderful »

Ordered lots of beer and went through my childhoods band Gorgoroth all full lengths and three DVDs. This month must be 20 years since I heard it for the first time. What's interesting is that my opinion haven't changed at all.

Pentagram (1994) - Short and sweet, total basic black metal yet unique till this day. Always leaves me wanting more.

Antichrist (1996) - shortest bands record - it's under 25min. Same atmosphere but this time more fleshed out and melodic. Recently been listening to those two albums in one go.

Under the Sign of Hell (1997) - Different sound, new vocals, more thrashy and this time they were trying to punish the listener, especially on drums.

Destroyer, or About How to Philosophize with the Hammer (1998) - recorded in half a year since last album, first song uses drum machine. Yeah, had to spit an album for Nuclear Blast. Totally unremarkable.
Incipit Satan (2000) - Still my favorite bands phase. Sound once again is different, this time uses industrial/experimental stuff so the whole album feels more surreal.

Twilight of the Idols - In Conspiracy with Satan (2003) - Heard it in full when it was brand new, still somewhat special. It's definitely heaviest Gorgoroth has ever been.

Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam (2006) - signs of slowing down are already there, but it's still good. That's where my favorite phase ends and things start to become ugly.

Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt (2009) - I listened to this album when it came out once and never wanted to return. Same now. Despite it's regular Gorgoroth album length - +30min, no idea how many times I checked when it will end. One thing when you don't like something, but I really take offense when album bores you to death. I would rather hear a drum machine than this boring and dull drumming.
Instinctus Bestialis (2015) - Can't remember a single song, no wonder they've been dry for 8 years now. Looking at the new vocalist makes me nauseated - some hipster with hair on one side, probably uses gel.

Remember in 2005 when band had Myspace and band members had their emails written, Infernus was in the middle of rape charges thing and I wrote him "wow you raped a woman, that's cool". He wrote me back something like "slut deserved it".

Great memories.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Their first three albums are great. Måneskyggens slave is an amazing song. None of the albums after the third are remarkable. I hoped after the 2009 album, they would return to their old style; instead they released an awful re-recording, and a new album which sounds like a Keep of Kalessin knockoff with a metalcore vocalist.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Hopefully he becomes un-retarded and makes music like this again.