We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Want to write a review? Start here.

HQ's curated game reviews.
Submission Guidelines & Review Process.

Moderator: Game Review Reviewer

WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Want to write a review? Start here.

Post by WhiteShark »

RPGHQ Game Review Guidelines
  1. Reviews should be written in complete sentences and in paragraph structure. A review of only bullet points will not be accepted.
  2. RPGHQ reviews are not impressions. A write-up based on a brief experience with the game is fine for posts elsewhere, but not for reviews in this section.
  3. Reviews should be of the full game. That is, the reviewer should have completed the game at least once—or have strong reasons for why he did not complete the game and mention those in the review.
  4. Reviews should cover all major aspects of the game, both aesthetic and mechanical. Gameplay and rules are important to mention, but noteworthy aspects of the art, sound, and music should be included, too.
  5. Screenshots are required. Not only do they give readers context, they are also useful for breaking up sections of the review.
  6. Reviews should be written by a human, not AI. Using AI for editing is fine.
  7. Reviews should contain a short blurb near the end stating whether the title is recommended or not.
New reviews go in the Review Approval Area. You will receive feedback from the @Game Review Reviewers who will move your review to the review forum after reviewing your review.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 27th, 2024, 09:57, edited 5 times in total.
Fuze

Post by Fuze »

Yeah, I've got a few review in mind, but my English grammatical skills are absolutely atrocious, so I'm probably going to need for someone to thoroughly proofread my unhinged rant, unless you're aiming for the Italian wine aunt public.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Fuze wrote: May 4th, 2023, 10:23
Yeah, I've got a few review in mind, but my English grammatical skills are absolutely atrocious, so I'm probably going to need for someone to thoroughly proofread my unhinged rant, unless you're aiming for the Italian wine aunt public.
@Kalarion said he'd be willing to help, if that falls through I'll help out.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I'm down to proofread as well. Are we handling that through PMs or with a hidden forum or what?
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

I've written exactly one game review in my thirty+ years on this planet. Is it okay to copypaste?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

madbringer wrote: May 6th, 2023, 05:07
I've written exactly one game review in my thirty+ years on this planet. Is it okay to copypaste?
If you think it's high enough quality, go ahead.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 6th, 2023, 05:11
madbringer wrote: May 6th, 2023, 05:07
If you think it's high enough quality, go ahead.
There she goes. I tried to edit it down but it was meant initially as more of a tour guide than a review. Hopefully it works either way.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Fuze wrote: May 4th, 2023, 10:23
Fuck are you talking about, your English is better than most bongs and burgers.
Bertram_Tung

Post by Bertram_Tung »

one of these days i'm gonna write a review
you'll see
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I'll never review anything for this place due to endless abuse and mistreatment.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

@Game Review Reviewers, I've reworked how reviews are done. There is now a staging area where you may give feedback on a review, and once you believe it is 'finished' you may move the review to the game review forum. Don't move the entire topic, you'll want to use the 'Split Topic' moderator feature to cherrypick only the review post.
The only threads users will be able to see in the review area are their own threads. You guys should be able to see all threads.
Let me know if there are any issues with this as it's a complex system of permissions and something may not be setup correctly.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 27th, 2024, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

@Game Review Reviewer added this:
Reviews should contain a short blurb near the end stating whether the title is recommended or not.
Feel free to edit it as you see fit as long as there's some sort of summary where the author either recommends the title or not. This is mostly just to fit within the Steam review system.