We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Russian Kingdom Come Deliverance - Смута

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Pascaleato_c wrote: November 9th, 2023, 10:10
wndrbr wrote: November 9th, 2023, 01:11
A couple of weeks ago they announced a release day - February 26th, 2024.

There's also a new trailer. Looks shitty.
i like the trailer, maybe i will get the game when it comes out
Trailers hype shitty games.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

idk... still looks like an asset flip.

Wretch

Post by Wretch »

wndrbr wrote: January 26th, 2024, 14:09

Russian games (made for Russia not garbage like pozzfinder) always have soul. Worst case scenario is you get something like pathologic that has a ton of heart and is interesting but clunky and unrefined.

The game being pulpy and fantasy book inspired is actually a huge boon because “historical” does not transfer over to video games. Video games are inherently pulpy as a medium.

This looks like a Russian take on a narrative focused choice heavy RPG. Considering that westerners can no longer tell enjoyable narratives due to the zog influence and japs tell the same second hand embarrassment inducing gnostic story about killing God across every jrpg it will be interesting to see the Russian take on this formula. I think regardless of how the game turns out it will be enjoyable for RPG fans just to see what they end up doing and if it succeeds or explodes comically.

Russians all being raised on morrowind and the star wars prequels has made it so the media they create is always bizarre, soulful, and over the top. I love it.
Last edited by Wretch on January 26th, 2024, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

russia has always had a very poor gamedev scene for whatever reason
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I have a hunch it's due to the rampant piracy in the region, so making games specifically for Russians would lead to low sales as a result. And if they wanted to publish it elsewhere, they would need to localize it and that isn't especially doable in recent times.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

"Trailers" that are just a character walking slowly through an environment in unreal 5 = this "game" barely exists.
Wretch wrote: January 26th, 2024, 14:27
Russian games (made for Russia not garbage like pozzfinder) always have soul. Worst case scenario is you get something like pathologic that has a ton of heart and is interesting but clunky and unrefined.
I wish the greeks weren't so pozzed so that every right wing Orthdoox nigga weren't insane russophiles.
Come on bro this is quite literally
Shitty asset flip with nothing but red flags: :mad:
Shitty asset flip with nothing but red flags (russia): :salute:
Last edited by Vergil on January 26th, 2024, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I can't tell this "asset flip" from an "original" AAA release, so if it is one it's on the right track. I doubt any normie could tell the difference either.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Vergil wrote: January 26th, 2024, 22:29

"Trailers" that are just a character walking slowly through an environment in unreal 5 = this "game" barely exists.
I wish the greeks weren't so pozzed so that every right wing Orthdoox nigga weren't insane russophiles.
I don’t like much of Russian culture so you’re pretty off the mark on this one. If you haven’t played pathologic 2 I recommend you do so, it’s a very interesting game.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Wretch wrote: January 26th, 2024, 22:51

I don’t like much of Russian culture so you’re pretty off the mark on this one.
Between this and that goofy awful looking schizo film you're making it a hard conclusion not to come to.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Vergil wrote: January 26th, 2024, 23:03

I don’t like much of Russian culture so you’re pretty off the mark on this one.
Between this and that goofy awful looking schizo film you're making it a hard conclusion not to come to.
If you’re sperging out about Children Versus Wizards idk what to tell you. Anybody who can’t appreciate a Christian charity group and a couple of Russian Orthodox Priests facetiously clowning on the western antichrist system is pretty jaded and demoralized.

I know a lot of Russians in person and they share gems like these with me. My views on their culture and media are seen through the lens of actually interacting with and experiencing them, which is to say reality. Obviously my views will differ from people who have some warped internet idea of their culture and just see it through the lens whatever internet memes and political propaganda they come across.
Last edited by Wretch on January 26th, 2024, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

I knew Suka or Smut or whatever it's called would be Eurojank garbage at best and total scam vaporware at worst.

That trailer with all the Bloom looks like a Skyrim mod.
herkzter

Post by herkzter »

i'd rather play mount and blade: with fire and sword or some warband total conversion instead of this. it doesn't look very engaging, with what the cutscenes to pad everything out
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I don’t like much of Russian culture so you’re pretty off the mark on this one. If you haven’t played pathologic 2 I recommend you do so, it’s a very interesting game.
pathologic 2 is like half of the entirety of rusian games worth playing
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on January 27th, 2024, 00:50, edited 3 times in total.
ManjuShri
Turtle
Turtle

Post by ManjuShri »

Lizards Mus Die just had a recent co-op update.

Have a good day, Slavic brothers!

Today, finally, according to your requests, we are releasing a major addition for the Lizards must die game. Call your bros and friends, now the treacherous lizards can be scattered together! Drink strong kvass or Baikal water, and go into battle!

What awaits you, Russian brothers:
1) Cooperative game mode. Hit the become a voivode button and invite your friends to join your adventures!
2) The opportunity to play with 4 or even 5, if you really want, heroes!
3) New adventures of Rus - map of AFRICA! Help the black-Russian brothers to clear the pyramids of foot-and-mouth disease
4) New types of snake lizards in Africa, a new enemy and a new miniboss
5) A new character is Mstislav Dubolyub, a master of a two-handed club, slow but POWERFUL
6) WE FIXED A LOT OF BUGS, lizards now don't kick your ass at any point in the game, and alien herods don't trample the player 24/7
7) Two new achievements
8) Another new character is VICTOR, the master of the spear and shield, an original skin and a new appearance, all proceeds will go to the development of a NEW GAME
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

ManjuShri wrote: January 27th, 2024, 01:20

Today, finally, according to your requests, we are releasing a major addition for the Lizards must die game. Call your bros and friends, now the treacherous lizards can be scattered together! Drink strong kvass or Baikal water, and go into battle!

1) Cooperative game mode. Hit the become a voivode button and invite your friends to join your adventures!
3) New adventures of Rus - map of AFRICA! Help the black-Russian brothers to clear the pyramids of foot-and-mouth disease
5) A new character is Mstislav Dubolyub, a master of a two-handed club, slow but POWERFUL
6) WE FIXED A LOT OF BUGS, lizards now don't kick your ass at any point in the game, and alien herods don't trample the player 24/7
7) Two new achievements
8) Another new character is VICTOR, the master of the spear and shield, an original skin and a new appearance, all proceeds will go to the development of a NEW GAME
@Tweed @Vergil
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: January 27th, 2024, 01:52

7) Two new achievements
@Tweed @Vergil
Wow. That is DISGUSTING. Racist, Homophobic, Fascist, Ignorant crap. It makes me sick. Inhuman. VILE! NO!
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Vergil wrote: January 27th, 2024, 02:08

7) Two new achievements
@Tweed @Vergil
Wow. That is DISGUSTING. Racist, Homophobic, Fascist, Ignorant crap. It makes me sick. Inhuman. VILE! NO!
You had your chance to live an honest life in chains toiling away in the kwama mines but it’s too late now. Now the black-Russian brothers of africa have come to cleanse you unholy creatures.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

7) Two new achievements
@Tweed @Vergil
DELETE THIS!
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

maidenhaver wrote: January 27th, 2024, 03:40
Lizards are disgusting.
The cold blood stare: when a hairless pigskin ape says something so hot headed you gotta hit em with the cold blood stare
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I built your cage for my amusement, because the lizards brain is a box of amusement.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 27th, 2024, 00:39
pathologic 2 is like half of the entirety of rusian games worth playing
Pathologic 2 is like half of the games released in the last decade worth playing.
Galdred
Developer

Post by Galdred »

gerey wrote: November 9th, 2023, 10:49
- at this moment the game is considered to be a VK Play exclusive, i.e. likely won't appear on Steam.
Fucking NATO kikes.
They could just open a branch in Malta, like everyone else does these days, so it must be some variation of VK exclusive indeed.
Element

Post by Element »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 26th, 2024, 20:57
russia has always had a very poor gamedev scene for whatever reason
More 'big' companies to nab programmers eg. yandex and vk, whilst the artists would prefer to work on commission for western companies. Ukraine didn't have the former, so more people chanced making games instead.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

a whopping hour of pure gameplay. The downside is that you're gonna have to endure some thot's face in the left side of the screen.

Looks like a real game, albeit a bad one.
Last edited by wndrbr on February 17th, 2024, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

japs tell the same second hand embarrassment inducing gnostic story about killing God across every jrpg
I forget which one (possibly Dragon Quest VII), but I remember playing a JRPG where you can meet and recruit "God" to your town.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Its bad enough they let a woman speak, but I can't watch a woman play as a man. Its troon behavior.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

looks more like assassins creed vahalla, with enemy healthbars, the ui and human enemies which are hp sponges if they arent even wearing plate armor.
Last edited by Vaako on February 17th, 2024, 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

You've got me fucked up if you think I'm watching a slavnigger let alone a female one play some janky scam game for an hour.