FFX/X-2

And related anime RPGs go here.
UwU
maidenhaver

FFX/X-2

Post by maidenhaver »

Made my way back to these games with the HD remaster. Still my favorite sports game. Does the remaster change anything major? I didn't remember Rikku's chapter, from my last playthrough 20 years ago, just getting washed up on the beach, after the Sin attack. Was that chapter original?
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

The only thing that has been changed is the graphics. Also I guess you have the option to choose between both versions of the sphere grid. The international version is different and gives you more freedom.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

The music was also rearanged. I think it also asked me if I wanted to play blitzball with X-2s rules. I don't remember the difference. I just remember I thought X-2 was my favorite FF. I'll find out.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

X-2 would have been awesome if it had been turn based. I really liked the dress sphere system. I never got very far though because the combat is shit and Payne is not easy on the eyes.
BlueMemphis
Turtle
Turtle

Post by BlueMemphis »

I ain't played FFX/X-2 in more then a decade but I'm 90% sure there was no rikku chapter prior to Tidus getting washed up, that definitely sounds new.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Same but I didn't care about Rikku as a character.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I didn't think so. It was a real quick undersea level in old Zanarkand. Then Tidus get attacked by Sin again after Rikku tells him Zanarkand was sunk 1000 years ago. Tidus didn't find out he had time traveled until later on, now the remaster tells you in the first 10 minutes.
Segata Sanshiro
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Dead wrote: April 19th, 2023, 22:37
Same but I didn't care about Rikku as a character.
She has an interesting backstory

BlueMemphis
Turtle
Turtle

Post by BlueMemphis »

maidenhaver wrote: April 19th, 2023, 22:39
I didn't think so. It was a real quick undersea level in old Zanarkand. Then Tidus get attacked by Sin again after Rikku tells him Zanarkand was sunk 1000 years ago. Tidus didn't find out he had time traveled until later on, now the remaster tells you in the first 10 minutes.
Wtf is this pointless change? Actually no it's worst then pointless because it damages the narrative.
It completely eliminates the payoff to Tidus being temporally displaced, in the original Tidus genuinely believes he can get back to his zanarkand for a good portion of the initial story. Kinda silly now if he still acts that way when he sees its corpse that early in the game.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

BlueMemphis wrote: April 20th, 2023, 01:35
maidenhaver wrote: April 19th, 2023, 22:39
Wtf is this pointless change? Actually no it's worst then pointless because it damages the narrative.
It completely eliminates the payoff to Tidus being temporally displaced, in the original Tidus genuinely believes he can get back to his zanarkand for a good portion of the initial story. Kinda silly now if he still acts that way when he sees its corpse that early in the game.
They were worried new players might get confused
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Half the fun was watching Tidus cry when people laughed at him for saying he's from Zanarkand. Then he tells the priests, they censor him from the blitzball tournament, and that's supposed to be when he learns he isn't on another continent, but stranded in the future. Or so I remember. All that's stolen from new players.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Apparently Final Fantasy XVI includes a sodomite character with an explicit sodomite scene included (sex scene?), and it has seemingly been banned in Saudi Arabia as a result. In case there was any doubt Square Enix was pozzed, there is our confirmation.

Hope this faggot company gets the Bud Light treatment.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

KnightoftheWind wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 04:50
Apparently Final Fantasy XVI includes a sodomite character with an explicit sodomite scene included (sex scene?), and it has seemingly been banned in Saudi Arabia as a result. In case there was any doubt Square Enix was pozzed, there is our confirmation.

Hope this faggot company gets the Bud Light treatment.
Everyone is a sodomite these days. If you have oral sex with a woman that's sodomy. If you fuck a woman in the ass that's sodomy. I'm sure you had a point in your extremely retarded brain, but your retardation got in the way.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

FF has always been pretty gay
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Saudis don't play RPGs, they play only soccer games.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Dead wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 09:07
FF has always been pretty gay
This is how the gays win. They add sodomy to a game and people who never cared about the game say "hmm yeah, [game] was always gay." Fuck you, gamers. :groan:
Dead wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 09:53
Saudis don't play RPGs, they play only soccer games.
FFX is an underwater soccer RPG.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

maidenhaver wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 10:15
This is how the gays win. They add sodomy to a game and people who never cared about the game say "hmm yeah, [game] was always gay." Fuck you, gamers. :groan:
The way to make gays lose is to stop making gay games, rather than claim how games that have always been gay actually aren't gay.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

You don't even play games.