We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Satanic video games

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

bunch of slavic hipsters made a literally satanic game where you play as a nun communicating with the devil.
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

D&D has demons (some of which make Pacts with people). Does that make it Satanic? No, because there IS no 'devil' in the setting unless we count Asmodeus.
However, you don't necessarily have to include them.

Forgot another one. While nobody seems to really care about it, Friday Night Funkin' (FnF) has demons in it. The Protagonist's Girlfriend is a demon, as well as her parents. There's also the character Spirit, who literally outright states he wants to posses the protagonist to escape(he's trapped in a retro video game). And well.... I don't think I need to say a single thing about Monster/Lemon Demon
He does shit like this:
But as this game can be played on Newgrounds, I think that alone speaks for itself.
Last edited by LemonDemonGirl on February 21st, 2024, 08:22, edited 3 times in total.
Ravenloft

Post by Ravenloft »

I think those new and fairly popular games Penitent and Blasphemous are... well, literally blasphemous and satanic parodies of Christianity. The sequel to Stasis (an old point and click adventure game) also seems to be infused with horrid satanism.

Not to mention just about any horror game, including RE4 remake (what was a generic satanist cult in the original became an overt parody of Roman Catholicism in the remake).
Last edited by Ravenloft on February 20th, 2024, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

The Roman Church got nips seething to this very day.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

wndrbr wrote: February 14th, 2024, 01:02

bunch of slavic hipsters made a literally satanic game where you play as a nun communicating with the devil.
Very big battle between what's gayer the blasphemy or the "story driven" part.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

I think a better argument for a game that is more leaning to satanic is one that attempts to muddy moral waters, getting the protagonist to find compassion in an evils plight or condition to which they join forces to combat another evil all the while building a connection that makes the protagonist almost view that initial evil as less or no longer evil. Those types I think are the real dangerous ones as it is a subtle means to normalize the acceptance of the evil.

I kind of see a lot of that in how media has progressed with various topics like sex over the decades, slowly pushing the limits, creating scenarios proclaimed harmless, conditioning thought for acceptance, etc...