We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Hogwarts Legacy — That RPG that's really upsetting people who liked Harry Potter

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

I'd give this a try if it had mmo servers.

Harry Potter is best enjoyed in a massively multiplayer setting.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Empress is likely one of those tranners who doesn't consider herself trans because she "100% has the same brain as a cis woman."
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Roguey wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 12:26
"100% has the same brain as a cis woman."
They're going to use a similarly insane line of argument for giving machines with AI "human rights" or their analog.
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

wndrbr wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 02:34
Stavrophore wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 18:56
Barring all this drama, is this game a good game on its own, if you are not harry potter fan and has basically no knowledge of the lore?
seems like a competently made, but barebones ubisoft-like collectathon game. Mainstream likes it because it's peppered with tons of fanservice.
The thread title doesn't make sense then, if the fans like it for the call-backs fanservice.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/hogwarts ... forgivable
The Real-World Cost of Hogwarts Legacy Is Unforgivable
Hogwarts Legacy aims to fulfill an incalculable number of fans' greatest wish: to live within the world of Harry Potter in a way that has never been possible before. That power fantasy comes with no consequences, going against the Potterverse’s accepted lore. If you want to be evil and embrace the Unforgivable Curses, there are no repercussions. This willingness to let the player be judge, jury, and executioner feels apt for a game that has become inextricably linked to creator J.K. Rowling’s continued insistence that her incendiary rhetoric against the transgender community ought to be similarly free of consequence.
This is Hogwarts Legacy’s most lasting and dangerous effect on the world. With real deaths in the transgender community being underplayed and ignored, all as a consequence of a continual normalization of trans hate stoked by people like Rowling, Hogwarts Legacy fits alongside a massive wave of anti-trans legislation and hate across the United States and United Kingdom.
cpmartins

Post by cpmartins »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 21:55
Hogwarts Legacy aims to fulfill an incalculable number of fans' greatest wish: to live within the world of Harry Potter in a way that has never been possible before. That power fantasy comes with no consequences, going against the Potterverse’s accepted lore. If you want to be evil and embrace the Unforgivable Curses, there are no repercussions. This willingness to let the player be judge, jury, and executioner feels apt for a game that has become inextricably linked to creator J.K. Rowling’s continued insistence that her incendiary rhetoric against the transgender community ought to be similarly free of consequence.
This is Hogwarts Legacy’s most lasting and dangerous effect on the world. With real deaths in the transgender community being underplayed and ignored, all as a consequence of a continual normalization of trans hate stoked by people like Rowling, Hogwarts Legacy fits alongside a massive wave of anti-trans legislation and hate across the United States and United Kingdom.
Absolutely stunning and brave gaming journalism. I, for one, clapped furiously at the last part.

Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 21:55
These guys need to get a real job
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

WhiteShark wrote: February 24th, 2023, 12:33
Atlantico wrote: February 24th, 2023, 12:27
JK Rowling allowed a trannie passing for a woman in her game?
No, he doesn't pass.
Not with that voice. But in game he is allowed to pass. Disgusting.
Phos

Post by Phos »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 5th, 2023, 15:40
I never knew a picture of an older woman could turn me on so much...
It's not her that's turning you on, but the uniform. :cool:
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

It's ok, xhe uses the men's bathroom
SharkClub

Post by SharkClub »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 07:46
lmao I ain't touching that shit with a ten foot pole
maybe if it was a good game
Nooooo! You have to open your wallet to support le good side of the culture war, support the opposite of the current thing or you're a tranny NPC!
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

She loves transpeople. The thing she said that made troons mad:
If sex isn’t real, there’s no same-sex attraction. If sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. It isn’t hate to speak the truth.

The idea that women like me, who’ve been empathetic to trans people for decades, feeling kinship because they’re vulnerable in the same way as women - ie, to male violence - ‘hate’ trans people because they think sex is real and has lived consequences - is a nonsense.

I respect every trans person’s right to live any way that feels authentic and comfortable to them. I’d march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans. At the same time, my life has been shaped by being female. I do not believe it’s hateful to say so.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Roguey wrote: February 24th, 2023, 19:36
She loves transpeople. The thing she said that made troons mad:
If sex isn’t real, there’s no same-sex attraction. If sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. It isn’t hate to speak the truth.

The idea that women like me, who’ve been empathetic to trans people for decades, feeling kinship because they’re vulnerable in the same way as women - ie, to male violence - ‘hate’ trans people because they think sex is real and has lived consequences - is a nonsense.

I respect every trans person’s right to live any way that feels authentic and comfortable to them. I’d march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans. At the same time, my life has been shaped by being female. I do not believe it’s hateful to say so.
I see, thanks for that Rougey — poor woman is stuck in the time where things had to make sense. In [current year] things are the way we feel they are.

She is a genuine SJW and a friend of all the alphabet people, but she's trying to inject logic into the batshit rhetoric being pushed these days and there is no winning there. Either you howl at the moon like they do or you denounce them as the bizarre creatures they are.

This is the woman who post-hoc decided Dumbledore was totally gay and Hermione was in fact black.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Shillitron wrote: February 15th, 2023, 14:51

I wonder if a new modding site will erupt from all this. All the current ones have been completely co-opted.
Nexus, ModDB, LL are all guilty.

Want to change a Trans NPC's voice? Banned & Removed.
Want less Trans flags plastered all across New York in your spider game? Banned & Removed.
Discuss these topics? Thread closed, banned.

(The game is highly moddable, Denuvo only cares about binary hooks AFAIK - but most of the game is stored in pak files. Not sure how heavily they leveraged Blueprint vs hardcoded - that will determine what can easily be changed vs what needs an injected dll for API exposure I think)

All of this is moot though I guess since modding this will be like sprinkling flowers over a turd.
Hopefully this new modding site would be fully dedicated to free speech and also include mods like this one:
https://himmlershardware.com/unleash-yo ... pider-man/

Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

"himmler's hardware"

Come on... The modding site needs to appeal a bit wider than that
Now is the perfect time to achieve some market penetration.. Nexus has burned a ton of modders with "you can't delete anything ever".
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Shillitron wrote: February 26th, 2023, 06:18
Nexus has burned a ton of modders with "you can't delete anything ever".
This was one of the few good decisions they made. Being able to "take back" something you willingly shared is disastrous for a community founded upon sharing.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 26th, 2023, 06:22
Nexus has burned a ton of modders with "you can't delete anything ever".
This was one of the few good decisions they made. Being able to "take back" something you willingly shared is disastrous for a community founded upon sharing.
I agree - but it still opens up the way for a new modding website to gain traction.. unless your modding website is "lol hitler mods" and only appeals to 2 or 3 modders.
Consul

Post by Consul »

"himmler's hardware"

Come on... The modding site needs to appeal a bit wider than that
Now is the perfect time to achieve some market penetration.. Nexus has burned a ton of modders with "you can't delete anything ever".
Himmler's Hardware (formerly known as shekelhertz iirc) is not a modding website, its focus is on covering video game news in a humorous and edgy fashion, it's basically the Daily Stormer of video game news. Only sporadically can mods like the above be found there.

I agree that this new modding site should be based on free speech and apart from that be apolitical. It shouldn't take any political sides, but allow all mods that comply with the US law to be available for download.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Better to take a side rather than attempt to be "apolitical", because nothing ever is. People think everything before 2014 was "apolitical", when it was precisely the opposite. Everything was liberal, everything was demoralizing, we were boiled long and slow just like a frog and before we knew it- it was too late.

Give me a based, traditionalist modding website with quality content and ban anything that does not fit the proper criteria. But on the topic of Hogwarts Legacy, it's a new game in 2023. That's all that needs to be said.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

KnightoftheWind wrote: February 28th, 2023, 04:18
People think everything before 2014 was "apolitical", when it was precisely the opposite.
No, I don't view it that way. I know it was liberal. It just wasn't hostile to the point of them wishing you were dead.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

MadPreacher wrote: February 28th, 2023, 04:20
KnightoftheWind wrote: February 28th, 2023, 04:18
People think everything before 2014 was "apolitical", when it was precisely the opposite.
No, I don't view it that way. I know it was liberal. It just wasn't hostile to the point of them wishing you were dead.
If you questioned sodomites, you'd be met with angry stares. Question black crime and behavior, same angry stares. It was always difficult to be on the right in years past, the only difference is you could zone out and find a niche that suited you. Gaming used to be one of them, back when quality content was coming out year-after-year. But then the liberalism got to that too. Social media opened the floodgates to a mass change in societal consciousness, but the murmurings were always there. Like a festering wound.