We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Hogwarts Legacy — That RPG that's really upsetting people who liked Harry Potter

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Hogwarts Legacy — That RPG that's really upsetting people who liked Harry Potter

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Launch trailer:

The diversity rainbow in a 19th century British school is incredibly stupid.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

Yeah, libruls are gonna lose their minds both in and over this. They're all going to buy it. Especially the redditards who swear they burned their Harry Potty books over Fräu Rowling's biggoted statements that trannies aren't women.

Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

I never knew a picture of an older woman could turn me on so much...
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

I forgot how lame Harry Potter was. Unless 90% of the game is outside of the school, I won't be bothering with this one.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

GhostCow wrote: February 4th, 2023, 15:31
Didn't even have to click the video to see a nigger *sigh*
Good news, it has canon tranners too https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/934 ... irona-ryan

Edit: :lol: The voice
Cedric

Post by Cedric »

Oh my God, and it's just so squarely in the middle it's impossible to tell if it's diversity or taking the piss. Well-played. Every side can tell themselves it's the other explanation.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Dat... could actually, properly and truly be 4d chess mindgaming psyop! I sternly refuse to believe someone took the responsability to authorize that in good faith. Suits may be stupid but the still need enough brainpower to breath and push a pen at the same time.
viata

Post by viata »

Roguey wrote: February 6th, 2023, 13:40
Good news, it has canon tranners too https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/934 ... irona-ryan

There is not even a background sound in that cut-scene, they just made it as fast as possible just to say they have trannies in the game.
I wonder if they have any explanation for the lack of female voice there. I'd assume the guy would do everything to feel like a real women, including drinking potions or taking any magic that solves his problem.
But alas, I'm expecting too much from modern devs. I don't even understand why they are trying to please trannies if that kind want this game to fail.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

The comments on this video are just absolute gold.
Hallowed be the hater, for he is funny.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I think one of the more interesting things about this title, at the moment, is that it is getting accolades from mainstream critics. I haven't preordered, as I usually tend not to, but this has definitely raised an eyebrow.

Does anyone here plan to purchase it on day 1? I do not, but I am curious of first impressions.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I can't imagine anyone here being a Harry Potter fan or expecting a game in the franchise to be good
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

GhostCow wrote: February 6th, 2023, 23:00
I can't imagine anyone here being a Harry Potter fan or expecting a game in the franchise to be good
I'm not expecting it to be good either. I am, however, interested to see if it's at least mediocre. I haven't touched anything from Avalanche Software since Mortal Kombat 3, but MK 3 was good, so... *shrug*... let see!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Empress has said he plans on cracking it ASAP, fyi. So you might not want to day 1 purchase it.

Spend that money on devs who deserve it or save it.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Sounds like I might play it after all, but only if no one here has said it's shit. I still need to finish Fire Emblem Engage and Neptunia Sisters vs Sisters first.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

GhostCow wrote: February 6th, 2023, 23:23
Sounds like I might play it after all, but only if no one here has said it's shit. I still need to finish Fire Emblem Engage and Neptunia Sisters vs Sisters.
Put up screenies of how things are going for you in what you play!
I, for one, am always curious how characters and such look for other people. And if your main character is fully customizable (sorry, I haven't played the games you're mentioning, so I don't know), make sure to elaborate on their backstory.
viata

Post by viata »

GhostCow wrote: February 6th, 2023, 23:00
I liked the old games for PS1. But never had any interest in the series, it was just some fun games.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

Hmm. Not sure if it's worth it to make a tranny-remover mod or not now that we have decent AI voice synthesis.

Personally, I think I would rather play Witcher 3 again than waste my money on some kids game. Other than the flying around on a broom bits, I don't really see anything fun enough to be worth $60.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

The_Mask wrote: February 6th, 2023, 22:50
I think one of the more interesting things about this title, at the moment, is that it is getting accolades from mainstream critics. I haven't preordered, as I usually tend not to, but this has definitely raised an eyebrow.

Does anyone here plan to purchase it on day 1? I do not, but I am curious of first impressions.
Far as I know, it seems WB carefully picked the reviewers that got a copy, if they so much as hinted at being politically against it, they didnt get it. Everyone else pretty much did, even small channels.

Apparently the game is actually good, or at least not bad enough for them to care about trannies seething.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Can we cast spells on other students?
As long as I can float assholes I don't like outside the nearest window - I'll be happy.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

I refuse to play this. Ofc I'm leaving rando messages around the intranetz to trigger tr00ns, writing I'll buy 2 copies or half a dozen or one to each of my steam fren.

If someone plays this for real tho, I request a centralized repository for in-game image I can repost for added effect. It could be this same thread.

tl:dr if for some reason you're playing this shit, plz post pics for the greater good.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Most HP fans who claim to be outraged will still probaby buy this at some point. It wouldn't be surprising if the twitter outrage was generated to promote the game. I haven't seen anything interesting about the game itself. It seems as trite as possible.
viata

Post by viata »

This games seems so generic.
It's supposed to take place in 1890s, yet if it was said it takes place in current year, nothing would change.
The battles are just the boring "roll, roll, magic spell, repeat". Who the hell thought playing a wizard game like this was fun?
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

viata wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:02
It's supposed to take place in 1890s, yet if it was said it takes place in current year, nothing would change.
this. Wouldn't it be fun if we were able to see a stricter, hardcore Hogwarts? Just like how strict and tyranical boarding schools were in the past.

Imagine this, but with magic.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Dead wrote: February 7th, 2023, 09:30
It wouldn't be surprising if the twitter outrage was generated to promote the game.
Non-HP fans will certainly buy the game -- and not even play it -- just to show solidarity with Rowling.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

viata wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:02
The battles are just the boring "roll, roll, magic spell, repeat". Who the hell thought playing a wizard game like this was fun?
Also the world seems fairly lifeless. A lot of the areas you explore are just for Ubisoft-esque collectables it looks like.
Either it's a slaughter fest of features on the cutting-room floor.. or they never intended to do any of that originally..

The amount of missed opportunities sounds legendary. As one poster said, this could of been a Bully-esque game where you have Quidditch and House points and attend classes etc... no super plot about corrupted animals or whatever bullshit. Just lemme be a student and immersed in the world.

That would of been infinitely more enjoyable for HP fans who are looking for escapism vs like.. MUH GRAND PLOT UNFOLDING!! where you spend 10 minutes in Hogwarts before you're flying around an empty world on your Twitch-DLC-Preorded-Dementor-With-Gimp-Leash.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Good example of how RPGs have lost touch with their adventure gaming side, this would have been a great time to showcase adventure elements.