We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Christianity, Islam, & Buddhism: Which God Will Win?

Surely this will be a civilized forum
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

What gods they worship:
Christianity: The one true God
Buddhism: Doesn't have a god
Islam: Satan
We already know who will win.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

>Buddhism
>God
lol

As a wise user said elsewhere this topic is retarded. There is no contest because there is no god aside from the Christian God.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Buddhism has supernatural beings which can be understood as God's.

Which "supernatural being" will win?

There can be only one!
Cedric

Post by Cedric »

When I was little I was a little LS-style perennialist. I always explained as religions and Gods to uninterested middle schoolers as being a bunch of Gods all fighting for the remote control.

This is a bit silly these days as I got older. I think these days I would try to tell people that religions are views on the diamond named Truth. And like a diamond, depending on what perspective you might look at this diamond from, it might look a little different. It's still the same diamond. Now of course Christian religions are hostile to such perennialist heresies, and would instead say: other religions may include parts of truth, but only approximations. The only safe path is by going straight to the Truth.
Thor Kaufman
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Ranselknulf wrote: February 4th, 2023, 04:17
Buddhism has supernatural beings which can be understood as God's.

Which "supernatural being" will win?

There can be only one!
Sure, but who is the most based God of them all. There must be a God that stands above them all (can't give you the apologetics for that rn but it should sound logical enough, anyway). There is a hierarchy. You said it yourself. Or as Jas put it, most religions have kernels of truth, of Logos, but there is only one God, one religion that has it all, Christianity, the christian God.
Last edited by Thor Kaufman on February 7th, 2023, 01:38, edited 1 time in total.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

Evangelical Christians in America are perhaps the largest group of cum sucking cuckolds on the planet. They constantly hang the balls of their enemies off their chin, and turn the other cheek. That's a losing strategy. Jews hate their guts, yet they practically worship them. For every jew in Israel, there's at least 3 American cuckolds who'd gladly die shielding them.

Where and when did this "turn the other cheek" nonsense originate? It predates my existence for sure, because it was told to me when I was a young kid. It's supposed to be eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

You forgot about Havafun
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 9th, 2023, 14:08
You forgot about Havafun
Bad spelling. Hafavun. Heresy. Both start with H. Coincidence?! I think not!
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Kalarion wrote: February 11th, 2023, 00:53
Bad spelling. Hafavun. Heresy. Both start with H. Coincidence?! I think not!
For the longest time I thought it was a religion about having fun, from there the name.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

somerandomdude wrote: February 8th, 2023, 20:58
Where and when did this "turn the other cheek" nonsense originate? It predates my existence for sure, because it was told to me when I was a young kid. It's supposed to be eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
It's the direct command of Jesus. I think part of the problem is that the commands have been completely disconnected from the explicit promises Jesus made to His followers. There is this expectation that if the magical formula of ungodly christianity is followed, good things will automatically happen to us, even if we reject the "formula's" originator. It's a vicious and pernicious lie, all the more so because it is based in a true command.

Christianity's tenets on their face are completely insane. Behaving as a Christian, with no expectation that the Lord does in fact rule His universe, is an invitation to abuse at best, and horrific life and death at worst. In fact these things often result even from the actions of devout Christians, and Christ told us very starkly what the rewards here on Earth would be for following Him.

It seems to me that "turn the other cheek", "forgive 77 times 77 times", etc. were never meant as magical formulas to get everyone to behave nicely. Instead I think they were meant to open a door through which God would work in our lives, in such a way that only His hand could possibly take credit for the results of following His commands. In other words, we follow these commands primarily for His sake, His glory, rather than our comfort or well-being.

In that light, obeying them becomes much less burdensome and mystifying to the devout Christian. The sure and certain knowledge that God's hand is still at the wheel of the universe, and He will bring all things to His ends, for our good, allows us to obey what to the rest of the world seems foolishness at best, and at worst simple insanity.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

It's a teaching removed from the original social meaning. Under Roman law, a citizen could hit somebody of a lower class on the cheeks once. Since Jews were lower class than Roman citizens by Jesus commanding his followers to turn the other cheek meant that the Roman citizen had to hit them on a second cheek. If the Jewish person still refused to back down the Roman citizen was forced to hit the Jewish person on the mouth. Being hit in the mouth was reserved for people of equal social class. Thus, the followers of Jesus turning both cheeks to be hit and if they refused to acknowledge their inferior status the only option the Roman citizen had was to hit them in the mouth. By performing such an act, the Roman citizen is forced to acknowledge that this particular Jew is equal to a Roman citizen under Roman law.

Yeah... let that sink in. Jesus taught his followers to open themselves up to abuse in order to be acknowledged under Roman law as equal to a Roman citizen. You want to know why the Romans were so ready to kill Jesus? There ya go.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

After 20 years of Western occupation of Afghanistan, and the liberal values afforded to women and gays during that time, the Taliban have systematically undone all the gay and feminist bullshit. Pedophile Pashtuns were butt fucking little boys in Afghanistan before the Taliban took over, and they've abruptly put a stop to that as well. They send kwan's army packing out of there with their tails between their legs after 20 years and then take care of business at home to undo all the bullshit in one year or less? I can't help but root for them. A political system by itself couldn't do that, only a religion could. And I have to give them credit where credit is due.
Nanafuse

Post by Nanafuse »

Pfft. Everyone knows the true winner was always Ookamisama and his army of kemonshoters.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Nanafuse wrote: March 7th, 2023, 12:23
Pfft. Everyone knows the true winner was always Ookamisama and his army of kemonshoters.
Japan lost.
Nanafuse

Post by Nanafuse »

Dead wrote: March 7th, 2023, 14:25
Nanafuse wrote: March 7th, 2023, 12:23
Japan lost.
Japan? I was talking about having fun in the land of all-creatures.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

“Let both Jews and Hellenes know that Christians are the guardians, protectors, rulers and teachers of the city; and let the reprobates and libertines learn the same thing, that they should be afraid of God's servants, and that if they want to say anything blasphemous or mocking, they look around and fear even the shadows, fearing that a Christian might overhear."

— St. John Chrysostom
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

LEST ALL KNOWN THY EXREMENT, IS THOU HOLIEST COMMUNION, STRAIGHT INTO THE MOUTH OF THY CHILD.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

That's a shitty Jesus player. All that game was missing were fatalities and friendships.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

MadPreacher wrote: February 17th, 2023, 04:39
It's a teaching removed from the original social meaning. Under Roman law, a citizen could hit somebody of a lower class on the cheeks once. Since Jews were lower class than Roman citizens by Jesus commanding his followers to turn the other cheek meant that the Roman citizen had to hit them on a second cheek. If the Jewish person still refused to back down the Roman citizen was forced to hit the Jewish person on the mouth. Being hit in the mouth was reserved for people of equal social class. Thus, the followers of Jesus turning both cheeks to be hit and if they refused to acknowledge their inferior status the only option the Roman citizen had was to hit them in the mouth. By performing such an act, the Roman citizen is forced to acknowledge that this particular Jew is equal to a Roman citizen under Roman law.

Yeah... let that sink in. Jesus taught his followers to open themselves up to abuse in order to be acknowledged under Roman law as equal to a Roman citizen. You want to know why the Romans were so ready to kill Jesus? There ya go.
That's a deep asshole you've got to be hiding so much fan fiction. Nobody's ever understood turn the other cheek that way, and until it became cool to be a christian contrarian, nobody ever mistook the message of turn the other cheek... in fact that's why centuries of theologians and believers, including Jesus own followers, had to grapple with conforming his life-denying religion with reality. The Beatitudes were always understood "renounce this life, for rewards in the next." The mystery is how you'll ever make it to heaven without indulgences, because you're so fucking deluded and weak you haven't got the guts to leave your beliefs. Instead you twist them to fit your own sins, and you blaspheme your own religion.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

maidenhaver wrote: June 5th, 2023, 08:29
I'm a retard that can't actually use facts to defeat what was posted.
You don't say. There is the matter of Jesus instructing his disciples to sell their cloaks in order to buy swords for protection against Romans.
What Is the Historical Background of Matthew 5?
The “slap” in Matthew 5:39 could be regarded as contempt for a variety of personal rights, not simply the physical slap. It included insults and offenses against a person’s personal dignity. In Jesus’ day, Israel was Roman occupied territory. If the Jews, as subjects of Rome, did not comply with a Roman soldier’s requests for anything from a drink of water to handing over personal property, a swift backhand to the right cheek was common. But why would Jesus instruct His followers to offer the left cheek as well?

Paul T. Penley explains in “Turning the Other Cheek’: Jesus’ Peaceful Plan to Challenge Injustice,” “Roman soldiers tended to be right-handed. When they struck an equal with a fist, it came from the right and made contact with the left side of the face. When they struck an inferior person, they swung with the back of their right hand making contact with the right cheek. In a Mediterranean culture that made clear distinctions between classes, Roman soldiers backhanded their subjects to make a point. Jews were second-class.” The Roman slap was an insult to the Jews’ personal dignity.

In “On Turning the Other Cheek (and How It Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Means),” Corey Far explained that a slap on the right cheek meant the soldier backhanded the Jews, which was a far more demeaning slap. “It was degrading,” he said. “It was what you gave to an inferior or a slave.” To not break down emotionally and simply turn the other cheek meant that the soldier couldn’t slap you again on the right cheek, and, Farr said, “he can’t slap you with his left hand, because that is unclean for both of you.” The soldier’s only option was to slap with the palm of his hand, and “this was not the way to slap a slave. This was reserved for equals.” Thus, in giving the other cheek, the degraded person asserted his humanity in a brave countermove — a humble response, yet also an act of courage against an oppressive system.
Link

A far more nuanced version of what I said.

Reminder that you're now going to be judged just as harshly as you judged me.

Matthew 7:1-5

1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Have a good day.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Corey Far and Paul T Pliny, they solved it bros! They pulled some historical facts out of their asses, and now they solved the great dilema of resisting evil vs giving room for the Lord's wrath. All those martyrs were fucking retards! If only they had the true revelation.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

maidenhaver wrote: June 5th, 2023, 17:49
I'm a dumb ass retard and I don't know how to use the internet.
You don't say.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

You've made up your own religion, just admit it.