We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Do you want HQ to have a social media and/or Steam presence?

HQ-related news you should probably read.

Do you want HQ to have a social media and/or Steam presence?

Poll ended at April 18th, 2023, 00:14

Make a HQ twitter account
16%
Make a HQ Steam group/curator
41%
No
43%

Total votes: 37

Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

BlueMemphis wrote: April 19th, 2023, 17:44
Steam groups and such are fine I guess but advertising on twitter is time consuming busywork and what sort of audience do you expect to pull from there anyways making generic toothless twits that won't be reflective of the forum itself? Hell if we have to go the advertisment route, some place like 4chan seems more appropriate as whilst you will get an influx of trolls and people wanting to push boundaries when it comes to the current relaxed ruleset (we will get at least one dude flooding us with CP that's for sure) it will also draw people who likely fit in better.
4chan /v/ is completely composed of retards. The same shitty autismo threads are reposted every day as ten years ago (arguments about dragons vs wyverns, for over ten years!)
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

For the people who wanted a Steam group, you guys could just make it on your own anyway if you just want to have another point of contact/play games with fellow HQPs. It's not like you need Rusty's permission to do that.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Emphyrio wrote: April 20th, 2023, 16:11
4chan /v/ is completely composed of retards. The same shitty autismo threads are reposted every day as ten years ago (arguments about dragons vs wyverns, for over ten years!)
Hey now, it's only 98% retards. Sometimes I lose my mind and have a look despite myself and there's occasionally a good post buried in the trash.
BlueMemphis
Turtle
Turtle

Post by BlueMemphis »

Then I update my opinion to: no advertisements on social media whether it be twitter, 4chan or *shivers with disgust* reddit.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

Uh.... I came here from /v/.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Sweeper wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 18:40
Uh.... I came here from /v/.
WhiteShark wrote: April 20th, 2023, 16:50
Hey now, it's only 98% retards. Sometimes I lose my mind and have a look despite myself and there's occasionally a good post buried in the trash.
See! See!
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

Well, it was /vrpg/ to be more accurate. Some mofos from the 'dex (or here) post there as well.