We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The WWIII Thread - Russia takes on the West

Do you have a dumb political opinion? Do you want other people to know about your dumb political opinion? Look no further!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Anon wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:18
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:13
Anon wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:09
Obviously I'm talking about the territory they've already taken.
The total amount of territory controlled by Russia has only shrunk since mid-2022. They've lost the territory they gained in Kharkiv and Kherson, and have made minimal gains elsewhere.
Yes and now it makes sense why Russia didn't go full expansionism but rather opted to consolidate their already conquered positions. There's no point in taking huge chunks of land when the war is apparently far from over. It might appease the youtubers and war enthusiasts but it isn't good strategic thinking.
The side that's being restrained is Ukraine, not Russia. Are you too young to remember the actions of the Chechens during the Chechen wars?
For all the talk of western powers controlling Ukraine ­— They're right. If Ukraine was in control, they'd be blowing up apartment buildings in Moscow just like the Chechens did. Russian citizens would be too terrified to even leave their house.

Waging a modern war on a country you border is idiotic.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Emphyrio wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:22
@Anon Rusty does not argue in good faith on this topic, never has.
What's "good faith" to you? Does "good faith" involve lying about reality and pretending Russia hasn't been humiliated everywhere except in online pro-russian circlejerks?
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:30
Anon wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:18
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:13

The total amount of territory controlled by Russia has only shrunk since mid-2022. They've lost the territory they gained in Kharkiv and Kherson, and have made minimal gains elsewhere.
Yes and now it makes sense why Russia didn't go full expansionism but rather opted to consolidate their already conquered positions. There's no point in taking huge chunks of land when the war is apparently far from over. It might appease the youtubers and war enthusiasts but it isn't good strategic thinking.
The side that's being restrained is Ukraine, not Russia. Are you too young to remember the actions of the Chechens during the Chechen wars?
For all the talk of western powers controlling Ukraine ­— They're right. If Ukraine was in control, they'd be blowing up apartment buildings in Moscow just like the Chechens did. Russian citizens would be too terrified to even leave their house.

Waging a modern war on a country you border is idiotic.
Now you're admitting you're consuming NATO/ukrainian propaganda. Ukraine has repeatedly blown up civilian districts in donbass and Belgorod - there's a reason why donbass population wants russian control so badly.

Ukrainians aren't doing more simply because they can't. Russian has too much intelligence info and air defence to make it possible. Plus to be fair they aren't Israel - if they violated human rights too much, it'd undermine their media appeal in the west and it'd bring them huge problems.

When chechens rebelled, Russia was way more disorganized. Plus they were russian citizens inside russian territory, so obviously controlling it was much harder. That's why they could do so much more.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

What's "good faith" to you?
if you were arguing in good faith, you wouldn't be constantly throwing out non-sequiturs and failed mind reads like this one: "Does "good faith" involve lying about reality and pretending Russia hasn't been humiliated everywhere except in online pro-russian circlejerks?" Your whole act is saying something moronic and then shouting "cope cope cope". I'm being charitable and assuming that you don't actually believe most of what you say here.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:36
Now you're admitting you're consuming NATO/ukrainian propaganda. Ukraine has repeatedly blown up civilian districts in donbass and Belgorod - there's a reason why donbass population wants russian control so badly.
"hmm I am mad at the invaders… I will go blow up the land they invaded"
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Emphyrio wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:37
What's "good faith" to you?
if you were arguing in good faith, you wouldn't be constantly throwing out non-sequiturs and failed mind reads like this one: "Does "good faith" involve lying about reality and pretending Russia hasn't been humiliated everywhere except in online pro-russian circlejerks?" Your whole act is saying something moronic and then shouting "cope cope cope". I'm being charitable and assuming that you don't actually believe most of what you say here.
Your whole act is just dismissing anyone who doesn't share the same wordlview with you, very SJW.
Guess it's to be expected by supporters of the antifascist who are in Ukraine to kill nazis afterall. :scratch:
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 15th, 2024, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:38

Your whole act is just dismissing anyone who doesn't share the same wordlview with you, very SJW.
Guess it's to be expected by supporters of the antifascist who are in Ukraine to kill nazis afterall. :scratch:
What worldview is that? Let's see how good those mindreading powers are
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:37
Yes they definitely do it because they are

1- Dominated by hatred towards russians, and donbass population is ethnically russian

2- That can also be seen as retribution against their former citizens for accepting invader control so easily.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:39

1- Dominated by hatred towards russians, and donbass population is ethnically russian

2- That can also be seen as retribution against their former citizens for accepting invader control so easily.
So would you consider Russia shelling apartment buildings to be terrorism, or is that just a part of war?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

also, @WhiteShark's whole act is LARPing as an orthobro and his online circle therefore demands he supports the !!!BASED!!! islamic caliphate of al russya who are totally defending the orthodox faith.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:40
Anon wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:39

So would you consider Russia shelling apartment buildings to be terrorism, or is that just a part of war?
I never said that's exactly terrorism from ukrainians. I'd say from both parts that's part of war and both sides are maintaining acceptable civilian casualties as far as I can see (around 5% of total deaths, while in Gaza civilian casualties are easily more than 90%, 70% of these children and women, and human rights groups don't seem too bothered).
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:42
also, @WhiteShark's whole act is LARPing as an orthobro and his online circle therefore demands he supports the !!!BASED!!! islamic caliphate of al russya who are totally defending the orthodox faith.
Why do you do this? Did it make you mad that I agreed with @Emphyrio?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:44
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:42
Why do you do this? Did it make you mad that I agreed with @Emphyrio?
*murders tens of thousands of orthodox in the name of al russya expansionism*
based russia…
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

For the record, since you bring it up, the Ukrainian government is, in fact, suppressing the canonical Church in Ukraine, so I have no qualms about preferring a Russian victory.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Emphyrio wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:46
huh, is rusty actually irl mad right now? :scratch:
no, just bored. I have a meeting in… 11 minutes.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I must say a supposed pro-christian anti-jew anti-democrat rooting so hard for ukrainian victory is kinda funny, to say the least.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:49
I must say a supposed pro-christian anti-jew anti-democrat rooting so hard for ukrainian victory is kinda funny, to say the least.
TSD(total slav death)
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

Could someone fill me in about whether the ruskies reactivated the brain scorcher as they withdrew from the northern parts?
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

rusty doesn't support Ukrainian victory, he just think he's being very funny by low-effort, unfunny "trolling" of both sides
Anon

Post by Anon »

Emphyrio wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:52
rusty doesn't support Ukrainian victory, he just think he's being very funny by low-effort, unfunny "trolling" of both sides
Tryhard arguing then larping as a troll when called out enough, pretty common event.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Emphyrio wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:52
How is pointing out that slavs are just killing each other with nothing else happening 'trolling'?
Again with the SJWisms
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Anon wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:55
Tryhard arguing then larping as a troll when called out enough, pretty common event.
He rarely breaks character, so honestly it's hard to tell sometimes, but knowing there is a character helps me retain my sanity in these sorts of interactions.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Anon wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:25
I still like arguing because then when the war ends he and other NATO cronies will revisit this topic and think "yeah I was a real dumbfuck for not realizing this"
You must be new.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 15th, 2024, 22:56
How is pointing out that slavs are just killing each other with nothing else happening 'trolling'?
Again with the SJWisms
if you were arguing in good faith, you'd be able to remember from post to post whether you support tsd or not.
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

The war isn't about territory. Its a proxy conflict between the two axes, one being the "Western World" and the other being Russia-Iran-China-and-friends -- or Team Anal and Team Not-Anal, if you will.

Saying that Russia isn't "winning" because they're not taking territory fast enough really shows a lack of understanding of the nature of the conflict.

Edit: Yeah, I'm just going with he's trolling.
Last edited by OnTilt on March 16th, 2024, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Decline

Post by Decline »

For all the talk of western powers controlling Ukraine ­— They're right. If Ukraine was in control,
the war would've been over in April 2022.
Decline

Post by Decline »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 16th, 2024, 01:37
antifassies about to SLAYYY those ukrainian nazis, kween
Incredibly based post, I look forward to public hangings of libtards on the red square.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Decline wrote: March 16th, 2024, 01:48
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 16th, 2024, 01:37
antifassies about to SLAYYY those ukrainian nazis, kween
Incredibly based post, I look forward to public hangings of libtards on the red square.
You shouldn't wish suicide upon your fellow antifassies.