We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Chronicling the inability of gamedevs to make video games

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

J1M wrote: February 16th, 2024, 15:19
Xbox is a good name. It implies the box can do anything.

Trying to avoid using numbers was the failing.

I thought X-Box was a retarded name, but then again I thought Sega Genesis and Turbografx-16 were cool names. :ugeek:
Last edited by Irenaeus on February 16th, 2024, 22:34, edited 2 times in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Xbox is just the xmas version of skinner box.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 16th, 2024, 23:23
Iren, what kind of Brazilian are you? it's the Sega Mega Drive ffs.
I thought Sega Genesis sounded cooler than Mega Drive when I was a kid. :geek:
Reeb
Closed Account

Post by Reeb »

I've heard the issue of games being shit now (other than the political nonsense) is that the old devs that made the great games are all retiring and the new devs have a skill gap that has yet to be addressed. It makes sense when you look at the demographics. Boomers started retiring a few years ago and suddenly every job is having a hard time finding enough workers.
Last edited by Reeb on March 1st, 2024, 02:36, edited 3 times in total.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 28th, 2024, 13:45
Left is newer than right. Same company.

Looks like they tried to capitalize on the Breath of the Wild aesthetic.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Breathe wrote: February 28th, 2024, 14:54
Looks like they tried to capitalize on the Breath of the Wild aesthetic.
French Impressionism?
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

It's so bad I had to re-read which was which. That's the best exaple of this shit I have ever seen.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Reeb wrote: February 28th, 2024, 14:30
suddenly every job is having a hard time finding enough workers.
(with talent and skill, of the correct replacement sex and ethnicities)
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

Rand wrote: February 28th, 2024, 17:50
suddenly every job is having a hard time finding enough workers.
(with talent and skill, of the correct replacement sex and ethnicities)
Also, when companies like Microsoft and IBM admitting they pay whites less than their DEI replacements.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

I've heard the issue of games being shit now (other than the political nonsense) is that the old devs that made the great games are all retiring and the new devs have a skill gap that has yet to be addressed. It makes sense when you look at the demographics. Boomers started retiring a few years ago and suddenly every job is having a hard time finding enough workers.
It's partly the boomers retiring, but that is just lifting making the problem obvious. When the greatest generation retired, no one fucking noticed because the boomers weren't incompetent. Part of the issue is the modern HR retards advising against training because "what if they leave for another company." A much bigger issue is that newer generations just are not motivated to advance their skillsets. An even bigger issue is that even if you *do* advance your skillset, the retard diversity hires whose "work" you have to fix will still make more money than you do. Worst of all, even employees who are net negative liabilities to your workplace will continue to pull larger paychecks than you despite getting nothing done.

I have worked with diversity hires who literally cannot read an excel spreadsheet. (As in, they don't understand the concept of items from column 1 and column 2 not being interchangeable.) It isn't even that there aren't some "diverse" employees who do real work; but every time someone on my team has been a liability that the management "can't do anything about", it has been a "diverse" individual. The reality is that the DEI departments would rather hire Jamal the retard than find the next Thomas Sowell or Clarence Thomas. They probably consider the latter two oreos.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Niggers and foids instinctually rely on the White Man to lead, protect, and do the work, because they live on our planet. With the White Man gone, they get angsty and cry. They will never learn.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

maidenhaver wrote: February 29th, 2024, 09:41
Niggers and foids instinctually rely on the White Man to lead, protect, and do the work, because they live on our planet. With the White Man gone, they get angsty and cry. They will never learn.
It's not just race, or new arrivals from Ghana wouldn't earn 5x what half-white (or more) niggers from the cities do. "gibsmedat" destroys cultures, and that's been spreading to white as well. That's why the Thomas Sowells of the world are mostly old fucks who grew up before MLK. Just compare the writings of Clarence Thomas to Ketanji whatever-the-fuck. In a few more generations, whatever whites remain will behave exactly like the inner-city niggers do today. Surely the niggers will find new lows, but that won't help your grandchildren. This is why they keep trying to ban homeschooling, private schools, and private charity.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

That seems more like a style choice than anything. If you zoom in on the right side you can see that the antialiasing is pretty bad (especially on the plants) while the left is much smoother.

From the aesthetics I think they're trying to imitate the pseudo cell-shade look Zelda sports on occasion.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Add this game to the list. Announced two years ago and there's still no sign of it ever releasing, despite it being a retro tactical RPG comprised of 2D sprites.

PayStation

Post by PayStation »

I take a quick look at thier Steam page
Greetings soldiers,

One year ago, we told you that we were working on Metal Slug Tactics. Today, a year later, our teams at Leikir Studio and Dotemu have made the difficult decision to postpone the game to 2023.
:groan:
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

God of War Ragnarok's UI took 44 years to make (11 devs, 4 years).

Note: the God of War reboot had a functional UI that was built in a 6 month scramble that could have been updated instead.

Source: one of the 11 devs
Last edited by J1M on March 11th, 2024, 17:26, edited 2 times in total.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

J1M wrote: March 11th, 2024, 17:24
God of War Ragnarok's UI took 44 years to make (11 devs, 4 years).

Note: the God of War reboot had a functional UI that was built in a 6 month scramble that could have been updated instead.

Source: one of the 11 devs
How can a UI take 4 years? Jesus. Reminds me of that video where a head dev is complaining because he asked an employee for a timeline to do a task and is told like 2 weeks. Head dev gets annoyed and does it in 45mins.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

And the UI still looks like an overdesigned and bloated mess.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

They launched this with 3 servers, allowing a total of 192 players to play the game online at once.

Launching today, March 14, the $34.99 Classic Collection — which includes the original two Star Wars: Battlefront games — currently has a "mostly negative" rating on Steam with just 21% of reviews being positive. Headlining most complaints are connectivity issues, with myriad Steam and social media users claiming just three 64-player servers were available at launch for the 9,232 players who logged in on Steam alone.

Aspyr seemingly added more servers within a few hours of launch but problems were rampant. "Was only able to join one Heroes versus Villains match and the Heroes' side was completely broken," said Kamaji on Steam. "No one could join the Heroes team which resulted in no one to fight against. I figured this may have been just a Battlefront 2 issue so I hopped on over to play Battlefront 1 multiplayer. There's zero servers up for Battlefield 1. Wow."
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on March 15th, 2024, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

This is the very first screenshot 343 wants you to see when you open the Halo Infinite page on Steam.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

wndrbr wrote: March 12th, 2024, 01:01
And the UI still looks like an overdesigned and bloated mess.
Every AAA game has the exact same minimalist RPG lite mobile UI.

Who would win: ToEE's UI being made in a week probably by some unpaid intern, or an entire army of libtards trying to make the most over-engineered monstrosity possible?
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 17th, 2024, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 15th, 2024, 23:29
They launched this with 3 servers, allowing a total of 192 players to play the game online at once.
And not just that - the total package comes out to 70+ gigs, somehow, yet despite the huge file size many cutscenes look worse than a YouTube video from a decade ago, and the games themselves are completely riddled with bugs.

I think this release should be the poster child of the competency crisis in gaming.

I'm morbidly curious to see just how many Pajeets are credited to have worked on these remasters.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Hackers in Apex Legends are now injecting cheats into other players' computers during tournaments

WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 18th, 2024, 19:18
Hackers in Apex Legends are now injecting cheats into other players' computers during tournaments
You left out the best part: they're doing it through a vulnerability in the anticheat software.