We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

RPG release/entered early access thread. Also upcoming.

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 4th, 2023, 23:40
Archmage Rises releases into early access in less than two weeks.

Game known for extensive feature creep, will be interesting to see how this goes.
I tried this one during the last Steam event a couple of months ago with all the demos. Kinda shitty TBQH. It reminded me of early 2000s Flash games.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 4th, 2023, 23:43
Zoria: Age of Shattering releases into early access later this month. Looking decidedly less like a Divinity Original Sin clone than when it was first previewed.
This has been delayed by the developer, apologies for advertising it.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Unless I'm missing some platform exclusive on epic store, there doesn't seem to be many RPGs slated to be released for months worth discussing. From indie to AAA, just nothing. Only game I found that looks playable is this:

Sad times.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I'm generally not a weeb, but there have been several good Japanese releases lately. I used to play the translated SNES ROM of this all the time.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Visually looks like your typical indie turd but the game seems interesting.

Also

suposedly coming in 2023

coming someday

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Acrux wrote: April 28th, 2023, 17:05

I'm generally not a weeb, but there have been several good Japanese releases lately. I used to play the translated SNES ROM of this all the time.
Warning: This title uses 3rd-party DRM (Denuvo Anti-Tamper).
-
Owners
Denuvo saves another game from being destroyed by piracy!
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 30th, 2023, 20:46
Seems a bit interesting
Its a cellphone release, its actually decently fun there. I wouldnt advice playing it on PC. But for a mobile you could do a lot worse.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

Every single game in this thread is shit, or will be shit.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Looks like a mobile game. And the cockroach enemies are too cartoonish.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

I watched the developer playing this game for a bit and I guess it reminds me somewhat of ELEX

Releases tomorrow into early access.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I've been following this one for several years. It had a huge rework about 2 years ago which improved a lot of the systems. Similar to Battle Brothers, which I don't care for TBQH, but I think the character system and light base management work pretty well.

Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Sweeper wrote: May 1st, 2023, 10:48
Every single game in this thread is shit, or will be shit.
I dont care if it is or not. It's all furry troon ghetto pixle art shit that I will never play.

There's too many videogames. There are still things from the fucking 90s I have to get through. There's fucking Underail. There's fucking Fallout 2 mods. Can we stop making videogames for 10 seconds?

No go ahead, it's a racket. Keep buying the shit.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Acrux wrote: May 19th, 2023, 20:56
I've been following this one for several years. It had a huge rework about 2 years ago which improved a lot of the systems. Similar to Battle Brothers, which I don't care for TBQH, but I think the character system and light base management work pretty well.

Alright, purchased, will be trying it out.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I haven't played release version yet, but I have from a few releases back.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 20th, 2023, 20:36
Anyone play Dead Monarchy yet?
I have, for a couple hours. Basically jank battle brothers, no events to speak of so far, so its mostly just fighting dudes and leveling up your dudes to fight stronger dudes so you can face the strongest dude.

Overworld has a few treasures and a few bandit spots and there are several regions you can explore. You can ingratiate yourself with towns by doing quests, so the quests you do for them reward you more as a reward for having done quests for them.

Every character has a weapon style that cannot be altered and there seems to be some depth to character building. That is it.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

They've been messaging it for a couple of months. They say this is the final DLC and there's supposed to be an "ultimate" edition bundle released as well for those that don't own the base game yet.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Demo in June. Supposed to release in August.

Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Initially Islands of the Caliph looked interesting but the weapons I've seen so far are extremely bland. I haven't seen anything other than a dagger and a club in the past few months.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Dead wrote: May 25th, 2023, 16:45
Initially Islands of the Caliph looked interesting but the weapons I've seen so far are extremely bland. I haven't seen anything other than a dagger and a club in the past few months.
In a news post today, it looks like new weapons are being added for the beta testers to try. I'm curious about the combat in general. I tend to like real-time DRPGs less than turn-based. This one doesn't look like it requires the "dance" but I haven't seen anything about what controls combat outcomes. Is it skill based (player and/or character)? Is there anything to do other than mash the attack button? Anyway, I'm keeping my eye on this.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Demo is now available.

Okay, tried it and it kind of sucks.
Last edited by Acrux on June 8th, 2023, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Steam NextFest is coming up soon and demo season is upon us.

Broken Roads demo is available early (TTN: 1 second)

Cyber Knights Flashpoint (Treese Brothers new game) demo available late net week