We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

RPG release/entered early access thread. Also upcoming.

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

With over a decade of oldschool wargame fantasy adventure under its belt, the AGE OF FEAR series is standing the test of time... and there's much more on the way! Our fans know it well: series-wide updates of content & features are what we do. By supporting AOF Total, you're showing us in a big way that you want more, and we're excited to deliver.

YOU ASKED AND WE LISTENED! By popular demand, we've prepared Age of Fear: Total, a comprehensive series-spanning stand-alone bundle. This package includes not only all games in the series, but it will also be updated with any and all future releases and DLCs. This means a purchase today entitles you to everything coming down the Age of Fear pipeline once it arrives! (please note that the Day of The Rat campaign is being actively developed and not all content is available yet.)

Been meaning to check these games out for a while, mite pick it up.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I've played some of these. The gameplay is alright; the interface is terrible. The dev is infamous for revoking keys of people who criticize him in the Steam forums.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Acrux wrote: June 25th, 2023, 13:30
The dev is infamous for revoking keys of people who criticize him in the Steam forums.
Source?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 25th, 2023, 18:06
The dev is infamous for revoking keys of people who criticize him in the Steam forums.
Source?
I was aware of it happening a few years ago and there were threads about it in whatever game was recent at the time. I'm not interested in spending too much time looking for them, TBQH, but the highest rated review in the new game touches on some of the things the dev has done.
Overall the game has its charm, freedom, content and is old hardware friendly, addictive indeed until I run into something unexpected what is way too easy or way too difficult.

I think the game is in need of an urgent overhaul and needs a marketing department that respects paying customers.

This might be the strangest review of a game you ever read, that’s ok for me, since it’s my full right as a paying customer to raise my voice about the dark side of the developer and part of the fanbase.

The comments that will follow by the developer in reply to my review will proof my point.

-edit-

One of the more important parts I forgot to mention, because I never really pay attention to it in other games, are the sound effects. The voices of soft bleeps on 'to hit' in fights are really nice and addictive, even as the dramatic demise of certain units. Well done!

Enjoy!
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 25th, 2023, 18:06
Source?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/431520/r ... _5_100010_

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false

Dev tells customer that buying a key from Kinguin and Eneba is illegal and bans him from the forum plus revokes his keys. This dev can go fuck himself with a razorwire dildo.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

MadPreacher wrote: June 26th, 2023, 09:29

Dev tells customer that buying a key from Kinguin and Eneba is illegal and bans him from the forum plus revokes his keys.
based
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Emphyrio wrote: June 26th, 2023, 19:42

Dev tells customer that buying a key from Kinguin and Eneba is illegal and bans him from the forum plus revokes his keys.
based
So buying used items is now illegal huh?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Mystery at Morgoth is the upcoming sequel to the little known but well-regarded 1e/2e OGL game Curse of Feldar Vale. It now has a release date of August 17th.

Hi Folks.

You're not going to believe this but.....

....we have a release date for Mystery at Morgoth!

Thursday August 17 2023 8am PDT

It's been a hard slog but we are almost there. Apologies for the many delays and thank you all for your support and patience.

The following is an abbreviated list of the new rules/improvements from The Curse of Feldar Vale:

New rule: Chance of Critical Hit - do extra damage by striking a vital area of the enemy.

New rule: Chance of Critical Miss - no matter how easy the target.

New rule: Combat Accuracy - sometimes fighting units are just going to miss!

New rule: Static Encounters - improved AI gang-rushes if turned off.

New rule: Death Blow - characters have a chance to become Unconscious and/or Bleed Out instead of being killed outright.

New movement: Jump Move - the party can immediately move to any point on the map it has previously visited.

New movement: Swap Positions - characters can change position (marching order) when in confined spaces.

High definition maps throughout.

Improved Character Generation (change all stats) for new characters.

Variable starting stats for new characters.

Items with Abilities (Sword of Healing, Antivenom Necklace, etc.)

Improved AI spell casting (with updated Trained and Veteran AI personalities).

Improved AI combat (with updated Trained and Veteran AI personalities). For example, AI units may follow when the party attempts to hide or run away.

There are several additional minor improvements and we will try to publish a full list nearer to the release.

We will update the demo in the next week or two, so you can try out the new features in advance if you want.

All the Best.

Ian & Jann
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

I think Wrestlequest is coming out soon.

Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

Based dev. "John" here sounds like a mega pussy and hides behind mental instability for hand-outs. I'd spit on his grave and his daughter's.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

dark kittylike

has surprisingly good combat animations for something that is a kickstarter demo, looks pretty good tbh
seems to have decent exploration too
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Newest yakuza-ish RPG from yeo is releasing in September. Get ready for another depressing game.

Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Looks like lots of games are getting a September release now.

Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

DLC for one of the better games of 2022 releases in about 12 hours. There will also be a much needed QoL patch.

Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Ludus Mortis is going into Early Access on September 29th. New DRPG from the creator of Inferno. This was the best demo I played at the event back in February or so. Probably a D1P for me.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Dev for this made fun of canadian government game funding in one of his videos saying he'd never get it because his game doesn't feature a story about an indigenous bi-gender protagonist, so I'm going to shill it. He's been working on it for six years.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I've had that game on the edge of my radar, but you've moved it right to the center. Thanks
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 31st, 2023, 02:09

Dev for this made fun of Canadian government game funding in one of his videos saying he'd never get it because his game doesn't feature a story about an indigenous bi-gender protagonist, so I'm going to shill it. He's been working on it for six years.
I can't be the only one seeing it, surely?
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Spent 3 hours playing it. its not bad if all you are looking for is a dungeon crawl, animations are less choppy than I thought they would be, game is fast paced, but very easy at the start. Gets harder however, as you may expect.

There is no real character building, you basically just improve your shit and go through these massive 2 hour length dungeons. Can be fun with friends, a lot of bosses have mechanics but in general enemies feel spongy, and they dont do enough damage.

Overall its a nice time waster and can be really fun with people.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

They really are gonna be fucked when they run out of games to remaster.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

This released last week. I didn't get a reminder, I just happened to remember it was coming out near the end of August.

Part 2 of 3. The first one is pretty good, this one has a higher level cap and more QoL features.