We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

RPG release/entered early access thread. Also upcoming.

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Do NOT buy this, read my posts later in the thread.
(Again, splattercat is the only person with a recent up-to-date review video)

Between the Stars looks quite good, had it on my radar for a while but it releases soon:
We are happy to announce that on March 7th Between the Stars will leave Early Access.

Nowhere near enough variety reviewers anymore
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 12th, 2024, 06:15, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

I like the background art in this game, it's very pretty. Seems to be a bit like Darkest Dungeon(?)

Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2024, 05:42

Between the Stars looks quite good, had it on my radar for a while but it releases soon:
We are happy to announce that on March 7th Between the Stars will leave Early Access.

Played it for like an hour, didnt quite get what it was going for. Im not sure if I just didnt find a key, but spending 5-10 minutes slowly going from mission to mission isnt my idea of fun.
I did like the mini adventures and dice rolls.

It has some of the ugliest characters in any rpg ever though.
Konjad

Post by Konjad »

I had got it but refunded quickly. The gameplay is so barebones and mediocre I got bored in the third town which took less than two hours to arrive to. There is not much exploration, the world is made of small hubs (and you cannot travel freely, just unlock them), and quest plots are miniscule, essentialy without backgrounds. Quests are extremely boring, NPCs usually tell you in 1-3 sentences "get NPC [name] here" or "get rid of NPC [name]", to which you go, select option 'follow' or something similar and you're done. Combat is a bit of a mess, but I guess it might get alright once it's fleshed out (but if not then... it will be bad), however, it alone won't carry the game.

Also, in regards to "social/relationship system" - it seems mostly to be simply related to 'faction x likes you, y dislikes you and might become hostile', on a more grand scheme than usually, i.e. I guess an entire town might become hostile, but it doesn't seem to be that much gameplay changing except you'll have to fight your way through here or there. Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't play enough.

Overall, I wouldn't be waiting for final version with excitement or even at all. With today's news that the game development is cancelled I guess that's it.
Last edited by Konjad on March 6th, 2024, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Released with a steep release discount, imo too high. Do NOT buy.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 12th, 2024, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Lhynn wrote: March 4th, 2024, 23:18

Played it for like an hour, didnt quite get what it was going for. Im not sure if I just didnt find a key, but spending 5-10 minutes slowly going from mission to mission isnt my idea of fun.
I did like the mini adventures and dice rolls.

You could have at least warned me it's DEI slop.
Prologue opens with a female captain with half her head shaved, and this is my crew:

Submitting a refund.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 12th, 2024, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 12th, 2024, 05:03
If only you'd had eyes to see.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: March 12th, 2024, 05:13
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 12th, 2024, 05:03
If only you'd had eyes to see.
"ugly" when it comes to 3D art can often be the eye of the beholder e.g., a lot of people consider everquest to be ugly but I think it's charming.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

It seems alot of space related games releasing with weird looking female captain/leaders since many years now. everspace only one i remember with male lead so far.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

gastovski wrote: March 12th, 2024, 07:30
It seems alot of space related games releasing with weird looking female captain/leaders since many years now. everspace only one i remember with male lead so far.
Everspace 2 is quite good and not libtarded in the least after hours of playing it. Unlike the first game which was some sort of roguelike(?), Everspace 2 is a regular RPG.

It's also much more of an arcade-style flight game than a simulation one which is what Between the Stars seemed to be going for. Shame, I'd have liked to have played it.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 12th, 2024, 07:37, edited 2 times in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Incoming MMORPG from Andrew Gower, creator of Runescape. Gonna keep an eye on this one

Another interesting info:

I've been combing Andrew twitter for the last 9 years and he has never mentioned anything about "diversity" or "lgbthq" rights. He only talks about typical white nerd stuff, that's another good sign. Still left him a question about his stance on diversity to be more sure.
Last edited by Anon on March 13th, 2024, 18:16, edited 3 times in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Dread Delusion apparently releases this year. Looks pretty cool, anyone have any experience with it?

annoying splat video about it
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

what's with you faggots always posting this splattercatgaming faggot? even on other sites it's all you faggots link to, fucking e-celeb faggot shit... troon delusion
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

That's not true. We also post to Scarlet Seeker. And you haven't been paying attention, because most of us don't especially like splattercat, but he's the only one reviewing certain types of games.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

krokodil wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 21:37
what's with you faggots always posting this splattercatgaming faggot? even on other sites it's all you faggots link to, fucking e-celeb faggot shit... troon delusion
One of the only people who shows up-to-date gameplay. You are preaching to the choir, I hate him more than you but if you mute the video you can at least see the current build state of the game. Left it here for others to see what it is but whatever be a crybaby about it
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Most people who did daily short-form review videos either moved to streaming or switched to making video essay non-reviews.
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

>i hate him that's why i paste his videos everywhere to give him views!
retarded
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Yes. You've been here since the beginning. You should know that by now.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The south park action rpg is releasing in a couple days for those who care(?)
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: March 13th, 2024, 17:00

Incoming MMORPG from Andrew Gower, creator of Runescape. Gonna keep an eye on this one

I've been combing Andrew twitter for the last 9 years and he has never mentioned anything about "diversity" or "lgbthq" rights. He only talks about typical white nerd stuff, that's another good sign. Still left him a question about his stance on diversity to be more sure.
Shame he decided to go with the boardgame-esque aesthetic, just takes me out of the gameworld.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 14:28
Anon wrote: March 13th, 2024, 17:00

Shame he decided to go with the boardgame-esque aesthetic, just takes me out of the gameworld.
Agreed, but I'm more than willing to turn a blind eye to that if the game is good enough.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Engage in challenging tactical combat involving the use of dozens of available abilities. Each party brings with them different specialties and it's up to you how to combine them to overcome the challenges faced.

Explore a world filled with npcs with their own quests and storylines. As you progress into each storyline new quests and buildings unlock providing further progression paths. The more the world grows, the more npcs and quests are unlocked and the further you can progress with new quests and new clues on further areas to explore, all which is reflected visually in the world.

A non linear story that allows you to progress the way you wish. The world is filled with both quests and dungeons big and small, from small monster caves to multi floored mega dungeons there is a variety of things to do and discover.

As your adventurers grow in level, gear and complete story quests, new abilities will be unlocked. There are a variety of different characters to choose from, each of which is customisable with their own abilities, skills and storylines. Gear can be upgraded as you gain the necessary materials unlocking further stat increases and unlocking combat traits.

* Delve into dozens of different handcrafted locations such as deep dungeons, gloomy swamps, and dark forests. Visit dozens of different locations from tiny
farming hamlets to dirty goblin camps or sprawling horror filled dungeons.
*A large open world to explore in your own way, at your own pace.
* Assemble a party of customisable characters each with different skills, classes, storylines, and quests.
* Fight 100s of different enemies each with their own unique abilities in turn based combat.
* Explore a world that changes as you complete quests or which heroes you have in your party.

Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

Bounce bounce bounce bounce :bounce:
Last edited by Kalarion on March 26th, 2024, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.