We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

RPG release/entered early access thread. Also upcoming.

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 31st, 2024, 04:05
Upcoming Wiz7-like with 2024 release date.
The dev posts on Codex. It looks fun to me so far, who knows how it will turn out though.

Maybe I'll go DM him to request he post on HQ as well.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I don't care for the minecraft style, but the game is a pretty good DRPG.

Rand

Post by Rand »

Was Sword of Convallaria mentioned yet?
Just found it myself. It's a Tactical JRPG.
(Although if I play it and it only has the Japanese VO, I'll be turning that off. Can't stand Japanese VO because it's always so weird and stilted. This is no different than usual.)
Last edited by Rand on February 5th, 2024, 01:16, edited 3 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Acrux wrote: February 5th, 2024, 15:36
This has a demo during NextFest

Looks like it made by the same guys who made the Naheulbeuk game.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Acrux wrote: February 5th, 2024, 15:36
This has a demo during NextFest

tried the demo, opens with a stronk womyn knight in full plate armor with a war hammer.
alt+f4
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

My favorite part of this was reading the Steam thread about w*men in the game and then seeing rusty copying one of the comments here. smdh
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Acrux wrote: February 6th, 2024, 19:26
My favorite part of this was reading the Steam thread about w*men in the game and then seeing rusty copying one of the comments here. smdh
my steam friend code is in my signature you know
Rand

Post by Rand »

Acrux wrote: February 6th, 2024, 19:26
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Acrux wrote: January 31st, 2024, 18:32

FYI for anyone interested in supporting this dev: it's probably a good time to pick it up tomorrow. There's supposed to be a 30% off sale in a few hours and the dev said the price will be raised after that.

Post by 1998 »

Acrux wrote: February 8th, 2024, 03:58
Acrux wrote: January 31st, 2024, 18:32

FYI for anyone interested in supporting this dev: it's probably a good time to pick it up tomorrow. There's supposed to be a 30% off sale in a few hours and the dev said the price will be raised after that.
Don't even mind paying full price for it, cheap enough anyway. But hate paying for EA.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

It's funny that as soon as people started pointing of BM/WF coupling in advertisements/ entertainment, there was a flood of WM/BF couplings, like with Spiderman.
Still focusing on nogs though, almost as if- if they can get over THAT hurdle, every other race is in the clear...
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 11th, 2024, 11:38
Oyster Sauce wrote: February 11th, 2024, 04:54

Oh neat, a Spiders-tier ARPG. Might check it o-

Haha guess not
yuros gamedevs have a serious case of jungle fever
viewtopic.php?t=875-europeon-jungle-fev ... lit=jungle
The greater the racism, the more 'antidote' required. Don't take that as a reflection of what people, particularly men, want though.
Not as if Americans wanted that herbivore girl to constantly appear in their movies. Although it may effect younger generations as they grow up.

The EU/ UK is already like a variation of the USSR. If they can arrest kids for saying nigger online, they can prevent games that promote "Whiteness" and such. Besides that, a lot of these companies are not hiring locally, thus their pool of tards is somewhat international.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 11th, 2024, 14:41, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 1998 »

Also, this is from their official Steam release post:
If you have never played any of the Sea Dogs games before, then I must inform you that they are known for being hard, clunky, and outdated. We've improved on each of these aspects, but they still exist and they can still ruin your day. If you manage to get through them... well, welcome to the best pirate game out there. It's true; how many games do you know which have all these mechanics?
Decent expectation management right there.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

1998 wrote: February 15th, 2024, 17:56

Out now with a massive 25% launch discount.
This is a re-release(remaster maybe?) of one of the Sea Dogs games. I don't know which one, or what's different. Maybe a russian poster can explain.

Post by 1998 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 15th, 2024, 18:07

This is a re-release(remaster maybe?) of one of the Sea Dogs games. I don't know which one, or what's different. Maybe a russian poster can explain.
Pretty sure it's not, same devs, but different game. They are pretty open about their history and Sea Dogs influence, but never did they mention anything of it being a remaster.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

1998 wrote: February 15th, 2024, 18:15

Pretty sure it's not, same devs, but different game. They are pretty open about their history and Sea Dogs influence, but never did they mention anything of it being a remaster.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 6625376798
Is this a new game or a remake of To Each His Own?
It's a remake, but the numerous changes we've introduced make it feel like a completely new game when you play it. We'd call it a TEHO done right, with its full potential unlocked.

Post by 1998 »

Interesting, I never played the games, but considering they also release this one, I assumed it is a new game.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

1998 wrote: February 15th, 2024, 18:29
Interesting, I never played the games, but considering they also release this one, I assumed it is a new game.

That might also be a remaster of yet another Sea Dogs.
I think @wndrbr knows something about the series.

Either way, I'll download their newest release and check it out. Never played any of them before.

[edit]
After checking again, I think Sea Dogs Legendary Edition is the same game as Caribbean Legend. It seems like an IP issue.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 15th, 2024, 18:41, edited 2 times in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Last edited by Rand on February 15th, 2024, 22:51, edited 2 times in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Rand wrote: February 15th, 2024, 22:50
balanced