We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Master Chris Avellone Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Is this ass-kissing or is Avellone just a moron?
Last edited by Atlantico on November 22nd, 2023, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Atlantico wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 09:45
Could also be interpreted as sarcasm, but Avellone is too much of a cuck to deservedly dunk on someone like that.

Also, gotta wonder if Filoni got the job because he's a good shabbot goy, or because, much like with Kathleen Kennedy, they couldn't find anyone else stupid enough to take the helm of a sinking ship.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

His taste in media is extremely middlebrow normie.
Rand

Post by Rand »

gerey wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 11:02
Could also be interpreted as sarcasm, but Avellone is too much of a cuck to deservedly dunk on someone like that.

Also, gotta wonder if Filoni got the job because he's a good shabbot goy, or because, much like with Kathleen Kennedy, they couldn't find anyone else stupid enough to take the helm of a sinking ship.
Favreau would do it, but he would demand total control and the complete removal of Kennedy's power.
Filoni is a good little doofus who'll work under Kennedy as long as he gets to make retarded, childish stories about his waifus.
Last edited by Rand on November 22nd, 2023, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Rand wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 16:18
gerey wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 11:02

Favreau would do it, but he would demand total control and the complete removal of Kennedy's power.
Filoni is a good little doofus who'll work under Kennedy as long as he gets to make retarded, childish stories about his waifus.
I think that is pretty close to the truth. Filoni is an asskissing cretin who has no creativity or understanding of what made SW so popular. So exactly what Kennedy wants.

He also has support from the faggots in the Lucasfilm Story Group or whatever that circlejerk is called.

When the time comes, depending on how things develop, Filoni may either take over from Kathy or be scapegoated to save her prestige if things really go south in Pedowood.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

If people want to converse with him:

Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Siel at the Codex spotted Avellone way in the back at a Weird Wolves meeting. He's back.

Prepare for a Woker West.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

That's what he deserves for raping 6 million female coworkers...
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Avellone is the Rosa Parks of the cRPG writing community.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Reminder that Avellone is gay.

-Humbaba
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Roguey wrote: December 15th, 2023, 15:28
Siel at the Codex spotted Avellone way in the back at a Weird Wolves meeting. He's back.

Prepare for a Woker West.
Less hair in that head every year I see.
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

Some cursory pictoral analysis, left to right, back to front:

-MCA.
-Nerd (manlet), troglodyte, subhumanoid, narcissus redditorensis.
-Potential womyn, unremarkable, unremarkable manlet | dangerhair "tradwife", smug detergent salesman, tatted-up dangerhair, oriental womyn, GRID carrier (asiatic origin).
-Goblinoid genetic marker, unremarkable anglo, unremarkable spaniard, leg rot or bird shot | scuba manlet, eternal polak, bald cuck, bulldozer jaw (troon alert).
-Sleazy pr0n camerman, energetic manlet, abominable flip-flops (canaanite alert) | unremarkable (balding), management type.

Conclusion: There are troubling signs of unchecked mutation.
► Show Spoiler
Rand

Post by Rand »

The genetic failure on display in that room is stunning.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Hauberk wrote: December 16th, 2023, 11:13
bulldozer jaw (troon alert).
Franznick is an uncommon surname of German or Jewish (Ashkenazic) origin.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

According to @ChrisAvellone, Obsidian made multiple proposals to develop spin-offs for Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, all of which were turned down by Bethesda.
This is true. One of the Elder Scrolls proposals (which I pitched) was intended to serve the same function as FNV did between F3 and F4, to provide more adventures in the setting during the years before the next Bethesda release.

I thought it couldn't hurt to try and push a similar system to what Treyarch/Activision had going with Call of Duty at the time (but hopefully less rushed).

Bethesda could do a core release, then we'd release a TES title (in same world or a divergent timeline/era) before the next big Beths. push.

Probably less relevant now that Elder Scrolls Online is going, but at the time, it seemed to be something that could benefit both studios.

Not surprisingly, it didn't gain much traction - I never got the impression Beths. was happy with FNV's reception (good and bad).
Rand

Post by Rand »

I KNOW Todd and company are still pissed that FNV mogged their two shitty "Fallout" games.
Last edited by Rand on December 18th, 2023, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

The existance of Obsidian is a nuisance but hardly something to get assmad about. Wonder if Todd is mad or its Pete. Pete was a bitch at ESF, old Fallout fans made him mad on two occassions. I can't remember Todd ever having an opinion. About anything.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

He looks just like that little flying jew alien that owned Anakin in ep 1.
Eris

Post by Eris »

maidenhaver wrote: December 18th, 2023, 05:32
The existance of Obsidian is a nuisance but hardly something to get assmad about. Wonder if Todd is mad or its Pete. Pete was a bitch at ESF, old Fallout fans made him mad on two occassions. I can't remember Todd ever having an opinion. About anything.
Probably a Pete thing, I imagine the guy was completely appalled at all the lore respecting present in NV.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

The existance of Obsidian is a nuisance but hardly something to get assmad about. Wonder if Todd is mad or its Pete. Pete was a bitch at ESF, old Fallout fans made him mad on two occasions. I can't remember Todd ever having an opinion. About anything.
I feel like it's highly unlikely that Todd was mad about/disliked Obsidian but the idea that Bethesda was going to lend their bread and butter IP to an outside studio was pretty insane honestly. New Vegas existing was already a pretty unbelievable scenario in my opinion there's a zero percent chance the Elder Scrolls IP was going to be handed out like that.
With Fallout I think that someone at bethesda (whether that's Todd or someone above him) wanted to keep a pretty firm hold on the franchise and also didn't want there to be a competing product out in between each of their releases. Bethesda game releases (at least used to be) a huge deal. I imagine the excitement and ability to sell something like ESO, Fallout 76 or the continual blue balling with TES VI would be as effective if you were getting a (probably) superior product every other year.
Last edited by Vergil on December 18th, 2023, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

You don't see it publicly, but apparently he's a dull pain in the ass behind the scenes.

One well known example was the guys who actually made Morrowind, as in thought up and put in all the special stuff that made it flavorful, had to do it without asking Todd, just making it behind his back and then presenting it as a working feature. He then liked it. But before, when they asked, the answer was always "maybe not" because he seems to have little imagination and sense of wonder and plays it "safe".

I'm not kidding when I call Starfield "Todd's game". It embodies all that I think he represents in game design sensibility.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Vergil wrote: December 18th, 2023, 12:15
The existance of Obsidian is a nuisance but hardly something to get assmad about. Wonder if Todd is mad or its Pete. Pete was a bitch at ESF, old Fallout fans made him mad on two occasions. I can't remember Todd ever having an opinion. About anything.
I feel like it's highly unlikely that Todd was mad about/disliked Obsidian but the idea that Bethesda was going to lend their bread and butter IP to an outside studio was pretty insane honestly. New Vegas existing was already a pretty unbelievable scenario in my opinion there's a zero percent chance the Elder Scrolls IP was going to be handed out like that.
With Fallout I think that someone at bethesda (whether that's Todd or someone above him) wanted to keep a pretty firm hold on the franchise and also didn't want there to be a competing product out in between each of their releases. Bethesda game releases (at least used to be) a huge deal. I imagine the excitement and ability to sell something like ESO, Fallout 76 or the continual blue balling with TES VI would be as effective if you were getting a (probably) superior product every other year.
Your strongest argument is the last part. That's how executives like Todd and up would think.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

So now this creep is preying after the poor women who just got laid off. He can't keep getting away with this!