We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Master Chris Avellone Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I made sure to tweet a link at MCA with this, so he knows about it, but if any of you have Twitter, and want to reinforce the idea, go ahead:
Owlcat Games

acum 5 ore

Hey everyone! Owlcat Games has an exciting job opportunity! We're on the hunt for an English Style Editor to join our team. Are you a grammar guru with a love for gaming and storytelling? Come join us!
Please send your CV to [email protected]
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

MCA as an editor? MCA usually NEEDS an editor. Narrative design and copyediting are not really similar.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

All I was doing is taking a horse to water. I can't make the horse drink.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Acrux wrote: April 14th, 2023, 21:18
MCA as an editor? MCA usually NEEDS an editor. Narrative design and copyediting are not really similar.
iirc he did help Owlcat with editing, that's why Kingmaker's writing was so much more succinct than WotR's.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 31st, 2023, 00:28
If someone ever wonders why I consider gamedevs to be scum, here is the evidence I present.
People you work with aren't your friends, regardless of how long you've worked with them. You're there for money, not cause you like each other.
Oh and gamedevs absolutely are scum, but not because some of them chose to let Avellone drift down the river.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

The age of MCA is over. The age of a text model trained on his style is the future.

Imagine a dozen Avellones (We could rename them for each number I.E. Avelltwo, Avellthree) working around the clock to craft the perfect CRPG plotlines.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Why he was in deep radio silence for so long.

Klerik

Post by Klerik »

That was almost 10 years ago. Now the women are going to go around screaming because people DONT touch them. It's going to be wild. However it won't be gratifying. Just miserable.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Fallout 2 shenanigans. :scratch:

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Disclaimer: This material is made available for the purpose of analysis, comment, review, education, and scholarship. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
The articles included in this publication were written by Chris Avellone. We acknowledge that all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights in and to such materials are owned by Mr. Avellone and/or any applicable copyright holders. The inclusion of these articles is not intended to infringe upon these rights, and we respect the contributions of Mr. Avellone and other creators to the field of game design.
Please note that this material is being shared with the understanding that it has not been approved or endorsed by the copyright holder, and the views and opinions expressed in the articles do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the person or entity sharing them. This material is solely for nonprofit, scholarly, and educational use.

► Dragon Magazine Issue 207
► Dragon Magazine Issue 214
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The scans I have of Dragon Magazine after issue #250 are of lower quality. Prior to this, I have access to official scans. I'm unsure, but don't think, there are official scans of post-250 until it became a web magazine. As they're already lossy, these will be provided in jpeg rather than lossless png.
► Dragon Magazine Issue 255
► Dragon Magazine Issue 262
Also, Sawyer had an article published in issue 278. I don't care enough to reproduce it on the forum.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I'm posting these here for the sake of completion. MCA doesn't really reveal or elaborate anything that we did not know.

Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Why doesn't Chrissy work no more?
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Humbaba wrote: June 6th, 2023, 14:23
Why doesn't Chrissy work no more?
I'm aware of at least one project he's involved with. Even with the apology from his accusers his prospects likely aren't going to be as big as they once were though.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 26th, 2023, 12:13
Disclaimer: This material is made available for the purpose of analysis, comment, review, education, and scholarship. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
The articles included in this publication were written by Chris Avellone. We acknowledge that all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights in and to such materials are owned by Mr. Avellone and/or any applicable copyright holders. The inclusion of these articles is not intended to infringe upon these rights, and we respect the contributions of Mr. Avellone and other creators to the field of game design.
Please note that this material is being shared with the understanding that it has not been approved or endorsed by the copyright holder, and the views and opinions expressed in the articles do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the person or entity sharing them. This material is solely for nonprofit, scholarly, and educational use.

► Dragon Magazine Issue 207
► Dragon Magazine Issue 214
people from some other forum posting HQ content :lol:
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

You wanna check MCA commenting for this one. He's being fun.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The_Mask wrote: June 27th, 2023, 21:24
You wanna check MCA commenting for this one. He's being fun.
Former dev at Bioware Austin seems to heavily disagree with his view on this, see the bioware thread. He likely has it backwards.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

RPG HQ exclusive news: MCA no longer working on the next Bloodlines title.

SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Ugh. Filoni getting more power means we'll have to endure more Ahsoka since he loves to simp for that character.

Just what Disney needed: Another person who loves Mary Sues.
Last edited by SoLong on November 22nd, 2023, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 26th, 2023, 13:05
The scans I have of Dragon Magazine after issue #250 are of lower quality. Prior to this, I have access to official scans. I'm unsure, but don't think, there are official scans of post-250 until it became a web magazine. As they're already lossy, these will be provided in jpeg rather than lossless png.
► Dragon Magazine Issue 255
► Dragon Magazine Issue 262
Also, Sawyer had an article published in issue 278. I don't care enough to reproduce it on the forum.
What scans do you have?
Rand

Post by Rand »

SoLong wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 00:05
Ugh. Filoni getting more power means we'll have to endure more Ahsoka since he loves to simp for that character.

Just what Disney needed: Another person who loves Mary Sues.
Filoni doesn't get Star Wars. He's a hack, fanfic-tier. Star Wars cannot be fixed by a doofus like him.

It amazes me that Favreau can be the driving force behind a lot of successes in the early MCU and the one decent production of Disney Star Wars, but he gets nothing but shit on.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Filoni is the ONLY person since George Lucas that understands Star Wars. They are movies for children.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Rand wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 02:00
What scans do you have?
Can't recall if it was TSR or WotC, but they released an official product featuring digital scans of all Dragon magazines up to 250. Shortly thereafter, 3E released and digital editions were available by default. This leaves a brief window between 250 and 270-something where there are no official digital scans of Dragon.
Rand

Post by Rand »

rusty_shackleford wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 03:54
What scans do you have?
Can't recall if it was TSR or WotC, but they released an official product featuring digital scans of all Dragon magazines up to 250. Shortly thereafter, 3E released and digital editions were available by default. This leaves a brief window between 250 and 270-something where there are no official digital scans of Dragon.
I think you may mean 4E. That's when Dragon and Dungeon were made a digital (crappy) product.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 05:09
What scans do you have?
You can find all of them here.
These are manual non-official scans.
The product I'm referring to is this:
https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Magazine- ... 0786914483

Available here: https://archive.org/details/Nova_Dragon ... rchive_USA

iirc it comes with iso files that have pdfs inside.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on November 22nd, 2023, 05:38, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fix embed