Translation of Japanese Games

And related anime RPGs go here.
UwU
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Translation of Japanese Games

Post by gerey »

Apparently, we didn't have a thread for this.

Anyway, Hilltop have finally announced what their new project is, and to my delight it's Boku no Natsuyasumi 2 for the PS2. The game is aimed at Japanese boomers looking for a trip down nostalgia lane to relive their childhood summer vacation in the countryside, but it seems to be a very charming game with an interesting world to explore and lots of activities to partake in. A trailer below:

In other news Zill O'll Infinite got an English translation, though it's apparently a tad rough around the edges, but the team has recruited a few native English speakers to help them fix the issues.

Metal & Lace, a fighting game for the FM Towns system also got a recent patch release.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

I just wanted to also share these three videos made by Hilltop Translations that showcase some of the challenges that teams face when trying to translate Japanese games. It's a really interesting insight into the kind of problems encountered and creative solutions required to successfully complete these projects.

Derringer

Post by Derringer »

It's neat that he bothered making an edit to Arale's numodel for the hell of it.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

Guys I really do not wanna make a new thread for this but my botched PS1 run of Persona brought me to this brand spanking new release.

https://cdromance.com/psp/persona-ps1-m ... ched-hack/

I know it is not perfect but the PS1 hack in the works is being done by someone with severe mental issues so..it might not get finished.
Derringer

Post by Derringer »

There's two different music patches for the port, people kept on saying that the newer one was more complete but I haven't bothered looking at it, half of the sound effects were already removed from the port in the first place.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Why do they rescore all their games?
Derringer

Post by Derringer »

It's a public stock company with everyone that was there when it was private more or less gone, that's self explanatory.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

No, it isn't.

Post by 1998 »

The trails games. Even though NISA tries to shut them down, translations for both Kuros are still available. I only played the first one so far and admittingly its worse then the English fan patch for Reverie, but still playable.