We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Arx Fatalis - Rune-drawing FPRPG

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 19:36
I have to say I'm enjoying Legend of Grimrock a lot more than I did Arx Fatalis. Arx has a unique atmosphere with an interesting premise, but the amount of backtracking and headscratching situations really knocked it down a few pegs for me. Grimrock is a lot more of a pure dungeon crawler experience, with satisfying puzzles and little backtracking. I'm probably done a little over half the game so far, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it is a superior game IMO.

Arx is one of those special titles that should be remade by a developer that can truly flesh out all of it's ideas, but I'm afraid the time for that has long passed and I'd hate to see anyone touch it aside from a Based indie developer somewhere out there.
Why are you such a faggot?
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Tweed wrote: April 4th, 2023, 18:45
I have to say I'm enjoying Legend of Grimrock a lot more than I did Arx Fatalis. Arx has a unique atmosphere with an interesting premise, but the amount of backtracking and headscratching situations really knocked it down a few pegs for me. Grimrock is a lot more of a pure dungeon crawler experience, with satisfying puzzles and little backtracking. I'm probably done a little over half the game so far, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it is a superior game IMO.

Arx is one of those special titles that should be remade by a developer that can truly flesh out all of it's ideas, but I'm afraid the time for that has long passed and I'd hate to see anyone touch it aside from a Based indie developer somewhere out there.
How's that Bar Mitzvah going for you, shlomo?. Sorry you have shit taste in games.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Sorry that you haven't killed yourself yet.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 4th, 2023, 19:13

How's that Bar Mitzvah going for you, shlomo?. Sorry you have shit taste in games.
FYI nothing has been more damaging to the right wing than people calling each other Jews and feds. You should really stop that dude. It's not edgy or funny and it harms the movement.
KnightoftheWind

GhostCow wrote: April 4th, 2023, 19:38

FYI nothing has been more damaging to the right wing than people calling each other Jews and feds. You should really stop that dude. It's not edgy or funny and it harms the movement.
I'm about 90% certain this Tweed character is a jew, so it counts. Also, I don't care about "the movement", there really is none. Most of what you'll find online is Hitler worship and shitposting, hardly what you would call productive. The genuine folks who actually care about making a difference wouldn't be here on the RPGHQ anyway.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 4th, 2023, 19:42
GhostCow wrote: April 4th, 2023, 19:38

I'm about 90% certain this Tweed character is a jew, so it counts. Also, I don't care about "the movement", there really is none. Most of what you'll find online is Hitler worship and shitposting, hardly what you would call productive. The genuine folks who actually care about making a difference wouldn't be here on the RPGHQ anyway.
You would be wrong on that last point. I've gone so hard on fighting for white solidarity that I've had trouble with the police over it and I've red pilled far more people than the number of active members on this forum.
KnightoftheWind

Role-playing Goyim?, yes I have heard of that genre. Anyway, back to Arx.

The biggest red flag for me was the part where you had to find a gift for your new troll friend, the game gives you no hints on where to find this gift. The only "hint" you get is that he likes anything involving the outside world, but that could be literally anything. When an RPG, or any video game, pushes this sort of crap on you I lose all motivation to play. Your momentum grinds to a halt, and you are left wandering around aimlessly just to pad out the game time.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 4th, 2023, 22:09
The biggest red flag for me was the part where you had to find a gift for your new troll friend, the game gives you no hints on where to find this gift. The only "hint" you get is that he likes anything involving the outside world, but that could be literally anything. When an RPG, or any video game, pushes this sort of crap on you I lose all motivation to play. Your momentum grinds to a halt, and you are left wandering around aimlessly just to pad out the game time.
I had been fine with that quest had travelling around the map and loading screens not been so painfully slow. Even after using the console to speed up the player character it was still quite time-consuming. As far as being a puzzle goes, I think the solution was quite reasonable. The main reason I didn't solve it myself was because I was hoping I wouldn't have to run all the way back to where the solution ended up being.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Oh no! The game gave me a quest where the solution wasn't immediately obvious. Guess it's back to Mass Effect for me.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 4th, 2023, 19:42
I'm about 90% certain this Tweed character is a jew
Confess that Jesus Christ is the son of the one true living God.

Go ahead, I'll wait.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Tweed wrote: April 5th, 2023, 08:27
Oh no! The game gave me a quest where the solution wasn't immediately obvious. Guess it's back to Mass Effect for me.
Why you insult mass effect tho
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 5th, 2023, 08:28
Easy target. I like ME, really I do, though it's not exactly a mental challenge.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Tweed wrote: April 5th, 2023, 08:29
Easy target. I like ME, really I do, though it's not exactly a mental challenge.
As punishment you must solve a tower of hanoi.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 5th, 2023, 08:31
Tweed wrote: April 5th, 2023, 08:29

As punishment you must solve a tower of hanoi.
*laughs in Omni-Gel*
Rigwort

Post by Rigwort »

Yeah, I actually solved the Troll quest on accident, but was happy with the result. I did not find myself going everywhere and talking to each person multiple times. Found a place connected with the outside and simply asked around. Easy enough. Maybe I got my brain fried from playing too much Pathologic, but walking slowly and taking in the atmosphere was one of my favorite parts...
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Goblins are the kikes of this game.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Fargus wrote: April 5th, 2023, 23:45
Goblins are usually the kikes if they're intelligent goblins, otherwise they're the mexicans.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Tweed wrote: April 6th, 2023, 10:49
Goblins are usually the kikes if they're intelligent goblins, otherwise they're the mexicans.
The goblin chef sounded French, though.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

WhiteShark wrote: April 6th, 2023, 10:53
Tweed wrote: April 6th, 2023, 10:49
The goblin chef sounded French, though.
They can afford five star French Goblin chefs because they have all the gold.