We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Tipping Culture - Discussion and Entitled Zoomie Memes

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Hando

Post by Hando »

In Britain tipping is expected in restaurants but not so for delivered food (another dumb tipping-related quirk which doesn't make sense, I'd argue that delivery drivers work harder to get your food to you than a waiter or waitress does). I'm fairly sure most people don't tip drivers here but personally I tip them out of pity. No one is doing those gig "jobs" for any other reason than pure desperation and I feel better for helping them out. Usually drop them £2 or £3 in the app unless there's an exceptional reason not to.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

I can't believe a member of this prestigious magazine actually thinks servers pay tax on cash tips.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

J1M wrote: March 4th, 2023, 15:10
I can't believe a member of this prestigious magazine actually thinks servers pay tax on cash tips.
I never said that. I said that they were responsible for paying the taxes on it and they have to declare it properly. All servers I knew didn't do that. :lol:
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

MadPreacher wrote: March 4th, 2023, 15:40
I never said that. I said that they were responsible for paying the taxes on it and they have to declare it properly. All servers I knew didn't do that. :lol:
Uhm, Your local city services need to be paid for their hard work & LABOUR.
Robbing your community of taxes is theft and forced slavery. Do you expect emergency services to operate.. FOR FREE?!

Why aren't servers paying their fair share?

Don't you want to be paid for your work?
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Shillitron wrote: March 4th, 2023, 16:12
Robbing your community of taxes is theft and forced slavery. Do you expect emergency services to operate.. FOR FREE?!

I always paid my taxes Jew boy.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

MadPreacher wrote: March 4th, 2023, 16:19

I always paid my taxes Jew boy.
> All the servers I know never paid taxes LOLOLOL Based Kek !!
> BUT YOU BETTER TIP THEM FOR THEIR SERVICES, Their salary is not enough!!!
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Shillitron wrote: March 4th, 2023, 16:29
Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Your average government parasite earns in excess of $100k a year while your server earns $2.13 an hour. Are you retarded?
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

MadPreacher wrote: March 4th, 2023, 16:33
Shillitron wrote: March 4th, 2023, 16:29
Did you forget to take your meds this morning? Your average government parasite earns in excess of $100k a year while your server earns $2.13 an hour. Are you retarded?
Pay your globohomo for their labour. They don't 'work' for free.

Also gary gygax is dead.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

What I am hearing is that waitresses should tip their garbage man.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Gastrick wrote: March 4th, 2023, 02:57
That is reason enough for me to never tip.
No need for tipping in Europe when (most) owners pay their employees a decent wage.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

J1M wrote: March 4th, 2023, 17:30

What I am hearing is that waitresses should tip their garbage man.

Either you tip the garbage man
or he tips your garbage over and you can go pick it up wage slave.
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

Shillitron wrote: March 4th, 2023, 06:36
MadPreacher wrote: March 4th, 2023, 04:07
Gastrick wrote: March 4th, 2023, 02:57
Tipping means you are ethical and moral than you were if you didn't tip as that means you enjoy slavery and making other people poor.. That is reason enough for me to never tip because I'm a dirty stinking Jew that wants to enslave the world.
You don't say. ;)

Take your pills.
Is that the reason why he doesn't read posts before responding to them?
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Shillitron wrote: March 4th, 2023, 16:54
Pay your globohomo for their labour. They don't 'work' for free.
Look at the retard everyone. When you make $4430.4 in a single year for wages you don't pay any taxes. In fact, you get a refund. On top of that you get welfare all because of cheap assholes like you refuse to pay their wages in tips. Enjoy your higher taxes moron.
Gastrick wrote: March 4th, 2023, 19:57
Is that the reason why he doesn't read posts before responding to them?
I read every post before replying. What matters is if I'm actually awake enough to reply. :lol:

What's the matter did I hurt your fee-fees?
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Have you remembered to tip the site admin? He works very hard.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

It's not just zoomers who are entitled cunts when it comes to this.

I live like 2 blocks from a pizza shop, so I ordered a pizza and put down a $6 tip. It seemed reasonable to me for a $25 order of pizza and wings.

This 67 year old boomer in a big white truck pulls up and tries to tip shame me. It was kinda amusing watching a 67 year old, forced out of retirement boomer fag try to amog me while wearing a domino's pizza hat.

My opinion on the necessity of tipping is based on the type of delivery service being utilized. If its a pizza shop with hourly employees making deliveries, I don't think its necessary, but I still like to toss a little bit of a tip. Sometimes I won't tip though, just depends on how I feel at the moment I guess.

Services like Uber Eats, doordash, grubhub, etc. I'll put down a tip just to entice someone to accept my order and actually send it to me.

I wish it was possible to eliminate the human delivery drivers today, but alas the future is still waiting for us.

I think it'd be more efficient if everyone just owned a personal "drone" that could be sent out to get food orders or packages. I make an order, I send my drone across town to the store, the store loads it, and it flies back.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Ranselknulf wrote: March 5th, 2023, 00:08
I live like 2 blocks from a pizza shop, so I ordered a pizza and put down a $6 tip. It seemed reasonable to me for a $25 order of pizza and wings.
He was complaining that a 24% tip is not enough? What is this world coming to? :mad:
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Acrux wrote: March 5th, 2023, 00:45
Ranselknulf wrote: March 5th, 2023, 00:08
He was complaining that a 24% tip is not enough? What is this world coming to? :mad:
I don't even think about the percent for small orders like this. I figure $5 or $6 if its a short drive, or $10 if its a longer drive.
Derringer

Post by Derringer »

I have no idea why the news is reporting an old 4chan meme from a decade back about tipping culture, I was just kind of confused when I saw it.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Derringer wrote: March 5th, 2023, 01:03
I have no idea why the news is reporting an old 4chan meme from a decade back about tipping culture, I was just kind of confused when I saw it.
???
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Tipping is a very retarded kwan thing. Good service is the waiter's fucking job, he doesn't deserve any extra for not being shit at his job, ffs. In certain places tipping feels more like a shakedown than a "courtesy". I remember the coffee place I used to go in Miami had super hot bitches serving it. The tip jar was always full. For some reason. SUCH SERVICE, MUCH WOW. I'm sure all the horny old fucks thought themselves heroes of the Cuban-American working class. Never gave any tips. Would pay them for a blowjob, but wouldn't tip on that service either.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Eyestabber wrote: March 5th, 2023, 01:12
Tipping is a very retarded kwan thing. Good service is the waiter's fucking job, he doesn't deserve any extra for not being shit at his job, ffs. In certain places tipping feels more like a shakedown than a "courtesy". I remember the coffee place I used to go in Miami had super hot bitches serving it. The tip jar was always full. For some reason. SUCH SERVICE, MUCH WOW. I'm sure all the horny old fucks thought themselves heroes of the Cuban-American working class. Never gave any tips. Would pay them for a blowjob, but wouldn't tip on that service either.
I agree, tipping is retarded for restaurants to expect. Just pay the waiters more and make that reflect in the prices of the food.

I do think tipping has a role to play for delivery services though, especially when it comes to the "gig economy"
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Eyestabber wrote: March 5th, 2023, 01:12
When I see guys (simps) spill their pockets out for pretty waitresses - I physically cringe.
You are a pay pig and nothing else.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Burgers will defend this:

"noooo you gotta subsidize the low-skilled worker's salary because Mr. Shekelstein refuses to pay him a livable wage!"

"noooo you gotta pay me more for delivering a more expensive burger even though the effort is the same as serving a cheaper burger!!!"

"YOU better tip the machine, goy, it has feelings too!"

And coming soon to your favorite hobby:

Are Europeans in the wrong here? should tipping be mandatory and thus defeating the point of a tip? would Americans think otherwise of tipping culture if they didn't have to tip their foreskins after being born? Any unpatriotic Americans here refusing to tip Davonkus Jackson for bringing tendies to their homes?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: April 17th, 2024, 20:08
Burgers will defend this:
If you scroll down on that ragebait fake post you will see hundreds of people burgers included not defending this.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

I only tip white people working at white owned local businesses unless I'm just giving the change on cash. Never tipped a nigger in my life though, not even 5 cents change.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Here's the thing: Europeans do tip in Europe if the service is excellent. The waiters also get paid either way. That's real tipping.

This commie tipping in the US is disgraceful
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Acrux wrote: April 17th, 2024, 20:17
Time for our regular tipping discussion, huh?
You need to shame me more to make me remember old threads
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

"American tipping culture"

I don't believe in it.