We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I'd really really like it if this game turns out to be good, but I most certainly am not holding my breath.

Tags:
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Yeah, same here. I'm just posting because I'm hoping that it'll be good, not that predict/think it's going to be good.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

shame I think wh40k is kinda gay or I'd be looking forward to this if it wasn't owlscat
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

>draws a loomis head
>copy/pastes a photograph on top of it

Ah yes digital "portrait painting"
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

guarantee the same people who do photobashing complain constantly about stablediffusion
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Owlcat Games

acum 12 ore

Chief Helmsman Ravor is always at your service, Lord Captain. Born into a helmsman clan in the bowels of a Chartist vessel, he is the one who will see to the safety of your ship as you traverse the restless abyss of space.

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Someone smarter than me theorize on what that red bar is supposed to be? The one next to her avatar pic, on the left-hand side of the screen? The one that increases when he highlights Psychic Shriek? (or, I guess, depletes the black bar)

But, anyway, it looks like they're trying to add every QOL feature they can add. Which is nice. I guess.

Owlcat Games
acum 11 ore
Normally you can no longer walk after making an attack, and only one attack is allowed per turn. Pay attention to the red highlights on the other icons when you hover the cursor over an ability - it shows which of them will be blocked after this ability's use.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The_Mask wrote: May 4th, 2023, 23:31
Someone smarter than me theorize on what that red bar is supposed to be? The one next to her avatar pic, on the left-hand side of the screen? The one that increases when he highlights Psychic Shriek? (or, I guess, depletes the black bar)
something related to warp
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

(It seems that we may see combat in our own ship, as well. This is nice. Keeps us on our toes.)

Owlcat Games
acum 13 ore
Be prepared for unexpected twists and turns in the fate of the Lord Captain; battle may break out at any moment... even under the domes of the voidship you thought were safe.

General Reign

Post by General Reign »

This is my most anticipated RPG atm. No, I do not care about the lore or any of that gay shit so whatever.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Pozzfinder 40,000
https://www.techradar.com/features/warh ... t-problems
What’s more, these supporting characters include women and people of color. What’s more, there was even some dialogue that hinted at the possibility of same-gender relationships in the game. This would be a massive step forward for Warhammer 40k which, across its vast expanse of lore and content has only ever afforded LGBTQ+ narratives limited space on the narrative periphery, at best, refraining from framing its characters beyond the constraints of heteronormativity.

It always, always, always, always goes the same way.
Developer goes to the core fans and beg for money to create a game. They create a game that is a hit, then immediately sell out to the pozz. Every time.

Game developers are not your friend. Game developers do not deserve your money.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Make people of no color seen again
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 12th, 2023, 07:58
Pozzfinder 40,000
https://www.techradar.com/features/warh ... t-problems
What’s more, these supporting characters include women and people of color. What’s more, there was even some dialogue that hinted at the possibility of same-gender relationships in the game. This would be a massive step forward for Warhammer 40k which, across its vast expanse of lore and content has only ever afforded LGBTQ+ narratives limited space on the narrative periphery, at best, refraining from framing its characters beyond the constraints of heteronormativity.

It always, always, always, always goes the same way.
Developer goes to the core fans and beg for money to create a game. They create a game that is a hit, then immediately sell out to the pozz. Every time.

Game developers are not your friend. Game developers do not deserve your money.
The lure of even "more money" if they only kiss the ring of the woke agenda gets them every time. Although Owlcat didn't have to look far, they're pretty woke already.

Why is nobody piling on them for being a Russian Cypriot studio :scratch:
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

My guess is because Russia's just a boogeyman, and nobody but redditards, polacks, and cnn care about russia.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Beta starting June 1st:

General Reign

Post by General Reign »

This game will only be good if you can romance and fuck some kind of squid. It's the future of gayming.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

General Reign wrote: May 25th, 2023, 20:29
This game will only be good if you can romance and fuck some kind of squid. It's the future of gayming.
Heresy detected.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I usually don't post this promotional stuff, but, for some reason, I really like this picture.

Owlcat Games
acum 7 ore
What is a Rogue Trader's greatest desire? There are so many possibilities in the Koronus Expanse, and we don't rush you to answer.

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

This guy looks nice and trustworthy. LOL

Owlcat Games
acum 50 de minute
The Kabal of the Black Heart is the most powerful Drukhari Kabal in Commorragh.
Tales of its many Archons' cruelty, cunning, and lust for power are notorious - and you may yet have to find out for yourself if the stories are true.

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I know what you're thinking: "why did he paste something from Twitter, instead of the usual?"

It's because the picture is so tiny, it actually looks better this way, instead of the usual enlarged YT posts. Not sure what they were thinking.

MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

The_Mask wrote: May 31st, 2023, 20:25
I know what you're thinking: "why did he paste something from Twitter, instead of the usual?"

It's because the picture is so tiny, it actually looks better this way, instead of the usual enlarged YT posts. Not sure what they were thinking.

Nothing says 10k year old ships like a showroom finish...
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

That's the only true-to-life aspect. If I was bos, I'd have you worn out, you'd be crying for mommy.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Beta started today. Video about it below. I'd paste stuff Owlcat's been saying they added into the Beta, but it's all PR talk, and I'm sure you're all too old for that. The more important part is that they added a Space Marine companion.

And if you're willing to spend another 10 minutes on this, Mortismal has some footage of character creation.

Space Marine companion:

The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Sometimes your chracter will have to make tough decisions based on their values, interests and goals. Such decisions affect their convictions that can develop in three directions: Imperials, Benevolentia and Hereticus. Each includes five ranks. The higher the rank, the more zealously the character follows their convictions, and the more noticeably the world around them reacts to their actions and decisions. Promotions through the ranks of each of the three directions opens up access to new dialogue lines, events, unique abilities, and also changes the attitude of others toward your character.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Is that guy supposed to look like Kyle McLachlan (aka Paul Atreides in BestDune)?
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

You know what... ? You probably said out loud what my brain was thinking, but I didn't even know it.

I don't mind it. It looks good.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Yeah, I didn't mean it as a put down. I think the art looks good. The 100GB estimate storage space required however...
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Acrux wrote: June 1st, 2023, 20:40
Yeah, I didn't mean it as a put down. I think the art looks good. The 100GB estimate storage space required however...
They're putting in all that crypto mining stuff and telemetry for the Ukraine...

:eyebrows:
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

100+GB games?, give me a break. I suppose it's fine if you have fibre internet and a 4TB SSD.